G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

SLIP and VDC light no acceleration! HELP!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-26-2005, 08:32 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SLIP and VDC light no acceleration! HELP!

Something is terribly wrong with my car! i have had it for 6 months.. has anyone else had this problem? the SLIP and VDC off light come on and the car has no acceleration.. this happens sporadically.. dont know why? is the transmission screwed? any advice is appreciated.. think i have a lemon.

Old 09-26-2005, 10:31 PM
its something to do with the brake fluid i think?
not sure, when i get on my laptop 2night i will link you.

take it to the dealer and tell them, if your in socal take it to tustin infiniti, they fixed my problem (thanks socalted for the service contact)

Old 09-26-2005, 11:55 PM
You need to take it to the dealer. There is something causing the car to go into safe mode. Read the user manual and it will give you more info.

Old 09-27-2005, 01:17 AM
yup, i have had the same problem, dealer replaced the Throttle Body.............

Old 09-27-2005, 12:05 PM
Florida G35 Club Member
Yep, what aam6906 said. Same thing happened to me. It sucks but atleast you can get a loaner to beat up.
Lips

Old 09-27-2005, 02:47 PM
I had the same problem a month ago on my 2004 sedan. They replaced the throttle position sensor at no cost.

Old 09-27-2005, 07:43 PM
Thanks everyone for the input.. took my 05 to the dealer and they replaced a sensor in the throttle chamber.. seems to run ok now.

Old 10-05-2005, 03:15 PM
same thing happend to me 2ice. but in both times, my car only appeared to be little not smooth on acceleration. the funny part is the first the "service engine soon" light went on, i called dealer to schedule an appointment, and it went off before the day of service. but they still somehow got the record from the ecu. my problem is these 2 failures happened about 2 months apart. when asked, the service manager at my dealer, millenium infiniti, said he doesn't know what cuased it. when i'm picking up my car thursday i'll grab some mechnic guy to ask.

Old 10-05-2005, 03:40 PM
Do a search on Throttle Body TSB, Several people are having the same issue. Mine did it yesterday pulling into on coming traffic. Very scary. The dealerships should be aware of the problem.

Old 03-26-2006, 05:18 PM
this just happened to me yesterday....i was gonna get ready to accelerate from a light when the SLIP light came on and the Service Engine Soon came on....it did not wanna accelerate and would not go any faster then 2-3 mph...i pulled over and turned the car off...i restarted the car and it was ok again....but the SES light is still on....i have to go to the dealer tomorrow...hopefully its nothing major....

Old 04-05-2006, 05:20 PM
Grocery getter

Received 189 Likes on 59 Posts
I had that problem when I put my stock wheels back on. I figured it was because the pressure sensors are in my other wheels and that was the problem. I looked through the service manual and it went into great detail about how the VDC and ABS systems use those sensors. I have to make sure and turn off VDC when I drive it right now or it goes into "limp" mode.

Old 04-05-2006, 08:08 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I had this problem a few months back, dealer replaced a throttle position sensor located under the gas pedal.

Old 04-05-2006, 11:27 PM
Originally Posted by ttrank
I had that problem when I put my stock wheels back on. I figured it was because the pressure sensors are in my other wheels and that was the problem. I looked through the service manual and it went into great detail about how the VDC and ABS systems use those sensors. I have to make sure and turn off VDC when I drive it right now or it goes into "limp" mode.
I think they are talking about VDC, etc., using wheel speed sensors, not the tire pressure sensors. I think the wheel speed sensors are not on the wheels themselves, so I suspect you have a different problem that needs checking. Good luck.

Old 04-17-2006, 10:13 PM
raises all-in
Originally Posted by infinitigman
this just happened to me yesterday....i was gonna get ready to accelerate from a light when the SLIP light came on and the Service Engine Soon came on....it did not wanna accelerate and would not go any faster then 2-3 mph...i pulled over and turned the car off...i restarted the car and it was ok again....but the SES light is still on....i have to go to the dealer tomorrow...hopefully its nothing major....
I experienced this EXACT same problem today. It freaked me out. I did the same thing too...pulled over, turned the car off. Waited about a minute. Turned it back on, and it was fine, except the SES light was still on.

I just put in the Z-tube and K&N filter 2 days ago. I thought for sure that this was related. Maybe not?

Old 04-17-2006, 11:04 PM
yup, throttle body all right

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: SLIP and VDC light no acceleration! HELP!