G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

G35 Interior

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-13-2005, 12:13 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
G35 Interior

I hope this is the right place for this question.

My g35 interior is all black except for the ceiling of the car, its a beigish type of color. Is it possible to get that carpetting/upholestery redone in a black material? How much would it cost? Where do I look? Someone help haha.

Old 10-13-2005, 12:25 AM
Super Moderator
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by G35_Girl_69
I hope this is the right place for this question.

My g35 interior is all black except for the ceiling of the car, its a beigish type of color. Is it possible to get that carpetting/upholestery redone in a black material? How much would it cost? Where do I look? Someone help haha.
I'd be interested in this, as well. Has anyone done this, yet?

Old 10-13-2005, 01:14 AM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
You know...before I bought my car, I thought graphite means 100% interior. Then I realized the ceiling was a different color. But now come to think of it, I think if it's 100% black it would be too dark and I actually perfer the beige top.

Old 10-13-2005, 01:33 AM
I guess that makes sense. But I'd still think black would look better. Or at least a dark grey?

Old 10-13-2005, 02:27 AM
Modded Member
Originally Posted by andy2434
I'd be interested in this, as well. Has anyone done this, yet?
Andy, if you do a search for "suede interior" it should bring up a thread by turbomaxima. He has a killer setup in that he replaced all the grey carpeted material on the pillars/roof of the car, with beautiful suede- it really makes the interior much more luxurious.

I am considering having these parts on my car wrapped in black suede as well.

Old 10-13-2005, 06:53 AM
My car is all black, and my top is grey, not beige? Do they make different combinations?

Any car upholsery shop should be able to do what you want. As far as cost, I have no idea.

Last edited by DP03; 10-13-2005 at 08:30 AM.
Old 10-13-2005, 01:34 PM
I've had a ripped headliner replaced for right around $100 on my old maxima. Pretty standard stuff ... shouldn't be too big a hassle and you can definitely pick whichever color floats your boat

Old 10-13-2005, 01:54 PM
I doubt it'd be too challenging to just remove the headliner, and apply whatever material makes you happy. Some creative cutting and fabric adhesive and Bob's yer uncle.

Old 10-13-2005, 02:32 PM
I think mine's is kind of gray.. but I'm color blind.

https://g35driver.com/forums/g35-coupe-v35-2003-07/33843-photoshoot-beach-56k-watch-your-nuts.html That's the post of TurboMaxima's interior.

Old 10-13-2005, 06:07 PM
The lighter color is to keep down on interior heat. It's pretty common in most import cars. I'd leave it like it is unless you don't mind jumping in a burning hot vehicle all the time :P.

I really don't like TurboMaxima's interior. It looks goofy and out of place in such a nice vehicle. That's just my opinion though.

Old 10-13-2005, 06:59 PM
Originally Posted by Finn McCool
The lighter color is to keep down on interior heat. It's pretty common in most import cars. I'd leave it like it is unless you don't mind jumping in a burning hot vehicle all the time :P.

I really don't like TurboMaxima's interior. It looks goofy and out of place in such a nice vehicle. That's just my opinion though.
I agree. I don't like the ultrasuede material. Its great on my sofa (nice and soft and comfy) but in a car, I think it looks a little out of place.

Take a look at all cars; I don't think you can find one that sells a black roofliner. The liner is a neutral grey / creame in most cars because it evokes a more "open" feeling.

Old 10-13-2005, 07:17 PM
Received 47 Likes on 32 Posts
one of my customers had it sprayed and relined with suede if you want find an interior shop that will do it

Old 10-13-2005, 08:24 PM
Super Moderator
Originally Posted by vodkarocket
Andy, if you do a search for "suede interior" it should bring up a thread by turbomaxima. He has a killer setup in that he replaced all the grey carpeted material on the pillars/roof of the car, with beautiful suede- it really makes the interior much more luxurious.

I am considering having these parts on my car wrapped in black suede as well.
Thanks, Boris. A searching I will go.

Old 10-14-2005, 11:50 AM
Man with green rock in Vortech
Originally Posted by Finn McCool

I don't ever think I have heard anyone use the word "goofy" when describing someone's car.. but we'll run with it; different strokes for different folks. The suede is a great alternative to the **** tan color that infiniti decided to go with from the factory.

FYI - All BMW's have the option of a 'microfiber' anthracite (black) upper interior, because it has been proven to keep the interior cooler and it is much nicer looking in my opinion.

Old 10-14-2005, 12:32 PM
Modded Member
Originally Posted by turbomaxima
I don't ever think I have heard anyone use the word "goofy" when describing someone's car.. but we'll run with it; different strokes for different folks. The suede is a great alternative to the **** tan color that infiniti decided to go with from the factory.

FYI - All BMW's have the option of a 'microfiber' anthracite (black) upper interior, because it has been proven to keep the interior cooler and it is much nicer looking in my opinion.
I know it is standard in the e39 M5, but haven't noticed it in other BMW models.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: G35 Interior