G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

My 05 Creaking Noises are Driving Me Crazy !!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-15-2005, 11:30 PM
Modded Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by ABQ_G35
I don't agree after driving a Buick cross country earlier this year, talk about cheap!
vodkarocket, I'd be careful using anything around the tint film, call the tint shop just to make sure it would be safe.

Thanks, I thought so.

Old 10-16-2005, 09:27 PM
Charter Member Florida G35 Club
thanks for the tip with the foam tape. a few small pieces installed into tracks, and no more creaking! 30k+ car and foam tape........ a match made in heaven.

Old 10-16-2005, 09:35 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by louisdarke
thanks for the tip with the foam tape. a few small pieces installed into tracks, and no more creaking! 30k+ car and foam tape........ a match made in heaven.
Can you take a pic of this by any chance?

Old 10-17-2005, 09:20 AM
Banned
Exclamation

I don't agree after driving a Buick cross country earlier this year, talk about cheap!
vodkarocket, I'd be careful using anything around the tint film, call the tint shop just to make sure it would be safe.
Ya, that was a little too strong of a comment, but you get my point

BTW, 3M makes a special lubricant that will dry on the surface but leaves a silicon "film" between surfaces. Dealers use this extensively for such applications. So in regard to the window film damage, I have Johnson film on my windows and there are no marks/damage that I can see. But you have to let the lubricant dry before you roll up the windows and don't go crazy w/it.

Alternatively, to prove that the window track/frame was the root-cause, I put 3M electrical tape on top of the window and closed the window - took it for a drive and the creaking was gone due to the added pressure between the window/frame. Unfortunately having electrical tape on the window is not too attractive, hence the 3M lubricant solution. I'm sure there are other ways to tackle this problem also - point being that the root cause of this creak is indeed the window/frame area.

Old 10-17-2005, 08:07 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
well the 1/4" vacume hose worked out pretty good and its raining here and no leaks just my 2 cents

Old 10-17-2005, 08:17 PM
Originally Posted by sd_diver
For me, it is the right read window, top of the frame. When I reach over and press against the window (long arms) the creak goes away. Haven't brought it in yet though...
Damn, you must be Stretch Armstrong, I can't even come close to touching the passenger windows!

Old 10-18-2005, 12:02 AM
Damn, you must be Stretch Armstrong, I can't even come close to touching the passenger windows!
Yes - but buying dress shirts is a pain - 17" neck with 39" sleeves...

Old 10-18-2005, 12:12 AM
Originally Posted by sd_diver
Yes - but buying dress shirts is a pain - 17" neck with 39" sleeves...
LOL, do they stretch too? I think the one thing I have creaking is in one of my windows, it sound a bit like a convertible noise, but much less obvious.

Old 10-18-2005, 12:23 AM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
http://www.infinitihelp.com/Ownershi.../ITB05-034.htm

Do you guys think failure to do this TSB will cause any damage? I am wondering if that excessive movement is going to cause anything to break inside the door.

Old 11-15-2005, 10:29 PM
Ok, I've only had my '05 for three weeks and this is the third trip to the service department for issues. Im losing hope.

Both the drivers side and passenger side suffer from this creeking... tick tick tick tick tick, noise and it happens at random intervals. The annoying sound does not discriminate between smooth roads or rough roads. It just pops up all the time.

I was told that it had something to do with the springs in the seat belt assembly in the B Pillar. I dunno. The dealership has changed bolts and used tape but the problem has only gotten worse.

The car is due to go in on 11-18-2005 for its 3rd go 'round. Lets hope they get it fixed this time.

Old 11-15-2005, 10:37 PM
Originally Posted by DrJones
Ok, I've only had my '05 for three weeks and this is the third trip to the service department for issues. Im losing hope.

Both the drivers side and passenger side suffer from this creeking... tick tick tick tick tick, noise and it happens at random intervals. The annoying sound does not discriminate between smooth roads or rough roads. It just pops up all the time.

I was told that it had something to do with the springs in the seat belt assembly in the B Pillar. I dunno. The dealership has changed bolts and used tape but the problem has only gotten worse.

The car is due to go in on 11-18-2005 for its 3rd go 'round. Lets hope they get it fixed this time.
Okay, have you checked the sunroof when you hear these sounds? This is the first I've heard about the seatbelt. Does this sound occur on acceleration or braking as well? I still say the few "sounds" I've had sound like convertible noises, body flex things.

Old 11-15-2005, 11:37 PM
ENVautoDetailing.com

Received 136 Likes on 92 Posts
i got the same thing but its on the passenger side, everytime i give it gas or step on the brake.... super annoying.

Old 11-15-2005, 11:42 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Its so wierd that so many people have isssues with creaking. My 03 doggy door edition has 45k miles and i only have one kind of creak and that is when the car is going up a steep driveway and the chasis is bending, its more in the trunk then anything.

Old 11-16-2005, 01:05 AM
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Q50 Red Sport 400 RWD
Originally Posted by Gdup35sedan
i got the same thing but its on the passenger side, everytime i give it gas or step on the brake.... super annoying.
I have this intermittently.

Old 11-16-2005, 08:32 AM
Premier Member

Originally Posted by 03silverG
Its so wierd that so many people have isssues with creaking. My 03 doggy door edition has 45k miles and i only have one kind of creak and that is when the car is going up a steep driveway and the chasis is bending, its more in the trunk then anything.
I agree. My 04 never had these issues and my 05 has the creaking. Uggg...

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: My 05 Creaking Noises are Driving Me Crazy !!!