G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

My 05 Creaking Noises are Driving Me Crazy !!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-14-2005, 01:01 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My 05 Creaking Noises are Driving Me Crazy !!!

I know we've already got plenty of threads about the myriad of interior noise problems of the G, but I thought I'd post this anyway since it seems to make me feel better when I write about it.

Anyway, my driver side rear door makes this REALLY ANNOYING creaking noise whenever I give the car moderate gas or brake. I've spent some time trying to trace the noise and am convinced it's coming from the area where the top of the window meets the door frame. When I crack the window ever-so-slightly, the noise seems to go away.

Please respond to this if you've got the same problem so I can rest easy tonight.

Old 10-14-2005, 01:20 PM
i supposedly got mine fixed, but still making the same noise.

They replaced with felt lining tape on the inside of the door where motor is for the window, but like you said it is coming from the top!!!!!

Anyways, I hope the TSB updates really soon, because many people are
having the same problem. But they havent got to the source of it yet.

Old 10-14-2005, 01:36 PM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
I was going to take my car into the dealership for the same creak in both rear windows, but at the bottom of the TSB it says, Drive car and re-check for noice.

I said F**K NO. Last time I was at the dealer one of the bonehead mechanics took a BRAND NEW 05 G35 6MT to get lunch. The Sales guy tried saying he got gas, I stuck my head in the car and it barley had an eigth of a tank (looked at the sales guy and said are you full of sh*t? and left). And the other nearby dealer already broke my shifter on more than one occasion, so I am going to live with this stuff till I am not soo **** about my car.

Old 10-14-2005, 01:39 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
creaking windows require lube for the rubber seals. if i understood it correctly if you use some rubber protectant or something similar it will/should resolve the issue.

Old 10-14-2005, 01:50 PM
Banned
Exclamation

Originally Posted by FrizzleFry
creaking windows require lube for the rubber seals. if i understood it correctly if you use some rubber protectant or something similar it will/should resolve the issue.
That is correct - I used 3M Silicon and sprayed the window track/frame and it is virtually disappeared. This is of course after I preformed the TSB on the Window Motor bolt assembly, for that was creating a noise also. In short, there are two (2) issues here at play for this concern.

Welcome to the world of the G35 - great drivetrain, GM interior....

Old 10-14-2005, 01:59 PM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by RLampke
Actually GMC is a lot better from the trucks and SUVS I have been in.

Old 10-14-2005, 02:50 PM
Posted this sometime earlier but if you take some 1/4" foam strips and push it into the top track where the window seals, the noise will stop. I believe the window does not go far enough into the top track and that is what causes the noises. I did this to all 4 windows on my 05 X and the noises are GONE. BTW, I never had the TSB done because my fix worked. I hate opening up door panels on a new car, they never go back together the same.

Old 10-14-2005, 03:21 PM
Originally Posted by esfoad
Posted this sometime earlier but if you take some 1/4" foam strips and push it into the top track where the window seals, the noise will stop. I believe the window does not go far enough into the top track and that is what causes the noises. I did this to all 4 windows on my 05 X and the noises are GONE. BTW, I never had the TSB done because my fix worked. I hate opening up door panels on a new car, they never go back together the same.
Can you POST PICS or DIY???

Id like to see please, actually everyone would plus it would be the best sticky post ever!!!

Old 10-14-2005, 04:48 PM
I had the TSB done and it fixed it . I did the shimming of the trim and that didnt work with the foam.

Old 10-14-2005, 07:43 PM
For me, it is the right read window, top of the frame. When I reach over and press against the window (long arms) the creak goes away. Haven't brought it in yet though...

Old 10-14-2005, 08:33 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by xtyper
I know we've already got plenty of threads about the myriad of interior noise problems of the G, but I thought I'd post this anyway since it seems to make me feel better when I write about it.

Anyway, my driver side rear door makes this REALLY ANNOYING creaking noise whenever I give the car moderate gas or brake. I've spent some time trying to trace the noise and am convinced it's coming from the area where the top of the window meets the door frame. When I crack the window ever-so-slightly, the noise seems to go away.

Please respond to this if you've got the same problem so I can rest easy tonight.
Does this TSB correspond to you?
http://www.infinitihelp.com/Ownershi.../ITB05-034.htm

Old 10-14-2005, 09:45 PM
ok i just put some 1/4" ruber hose on the rail will se how it goes over the weakend

Old 10-15-2005, 01:03 PM
Modded Member
That is correct - I used 3M Silicon and sprayed the window track/frame and it is virtually disappeared. This is of course after I preformed the TSB on the Window Motor bolt assembly, for that was creating a noise also. In short, there are two (2) issues here at play for this concern.

Would it still be safe to spray the 3m if you have tinted windows? I don't want it seeping through the tint...

Old 10-15-2005, 02:16 PM
I had this problem - it just started after about 6 months... rolling down the windows just a little, then rolling them back up made the noise stop.

I took it in for the TSB to replace the window regulator bolts. It stopped the noise.

Old 10-15-2005, 09:44 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I don't agree after driving a Buick cross country earlier this year, talk about cheap!
vodkarocket, I'd be careful using anything around the tint film, call the tint shop just to make sure it would be safe.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: My 05 Creaking Noises are Driving Me Crazy !!!