G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

05 5AT mods

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-10-2005, 12:22 AM
Received 72 Likes on 51 Posts
Originally Posted by trey's wife
DaveB - I saved this earlier because I knew there would come a time when I feel the need to call it out. Stop assuming you are the only one with the experience that you speak of. Do I believe you have it? Yeah. Do I think you and the few others you mention are the only ones? Absolutely not.
I've never said I was the Holy Grail of the VQ and I've never assumed it. Never once. However, when I question things that are taken as gospel on this site, I'm met with heavy resistance and outrage. It's to be expected.

You have attacked DaveO as an editor and made a few snippy remarks in this thread about not being a magazine editor. I have a question for you - Have you ever read one of his articles? Can you prove *anything* he has said as wrong - with something other than opinion?
I want to you go back to the beginning of this thread and take notice that Mr. DaveO was the one that took the first shot. He went out of his way to flame Brian, Jeff, and myself.

No, I haven't read one of his magazine articles, but I've read many of his "article" style threads in here. Sorry, I'm not impressed and no one is going to change my mind about it. Most of his articles are based on G-techs, butt-dynos, and some hit and miss datalogging. On any other site, if he brought that kind of data collection to the table, he'd be reamed. I swear, every mod this guy tests seems to work nicely and has no side effects. That makes me very critical because not every mod is perfect. I've been doing this way too long to know that. I'll be the first one to tell I did brand "X" mod and it didn't do what it was advertized to do. I'll probably also be able to give some honest track and dyno data to along with it too.

You do not have an '05 so let's just face the fact that your information is opinion or at least your opinion of the source of any information you have gotten. Guess what - I don't have an '05 AT. Know what that means - I wouldn't post anything on this thread - especially without expressly stating that it was an OPINION. Whether it is founded in logic or not, it is not gospel. If you would like to question anything these guys have said on the engines of the '04 or the '05 being different in these cars vs. the beloved Maxima let me know - I have the factory service manual and I would be THRILLED to look it up for you!
Take a look at the dynos, track times, and parts numbers for the 05 VQ both G35 and 350Z. It's the same as the 03/04. Same intake manifold, same heads, same cams, same block, etc. As for the ET/MPHs, well, the 05 G35s appear to be fractionally slower (look in the Drag section and even the mags) and rightly so. They're heavier plus many of them are spinning larger 18" rims. We have guys at Maxima.org that work for Nissan and the part numbers are readily available on the FAST database. Just because I don't own an 05 doesn't mean I can tell someone what I've learned or read. No? By that rational, nothing would get answered for a year or two.

Face it, most guys on here don't know a lot about cars. That's not a shot at them. It's simply fact. They're not ignorant. They're not idiots. They just don't know.

Originally Posted by OCG35
Rumor has it something similar happened on a Maxima forum... but apparently the "persecuting" was being done by the crowd that feels slighted here
The only person I know of from here that Maxima.org has ever persecuted was Russ (G35_TX). I'm not going to get into the things he did, but some came close to warranting legal and federal action. We'll leave it at that.

I don't think anyone goes out of their way to stir things up with you - but it does seem visa versa... That's why you have received the backlash that you have at times. There aren't very many (if any) posts by you that don't constantly and relentlessly contradict, belittle and demean what is posted.
Because I question the validity of things? Man, that is sad. You say contradict, belittle and demean? I guess if that's how you feel, so be it, but that's not my intended purpose.

All I can say is expect more of the same from me in the future. I have yet to receive any sort of warning or a ban from the staff here. I know there are certain members requesting that I be banned though. I guess we'll see what happens.

No one (few anyway) will dispute credible and subjective alternative views, but when an adverse opinion is flawed by misnomers and half-truths the opinion may meet resistance.
I can only assume this was aimed squarely at me. I really would like you to show me where this occurs in my posts. Or is just because I question the gurus of this site? I'll go with the latter. When I state something that's factual, I"ll say so. The same goes for my opinions.

Old 11-10-2005, 12:23 AM
Received 154 Likes on 112 Posts
Originally Posted by Jeff92se
I have browsed though some dynos and one member was even kind enough to post his dyno of some specific mods. But my point is if one is going to flat out say xx mod is "proven" to make xx+ hp, it's common courtesy to back that specific statement with a dyno that proves it. Otherwise it's just talk.
Mods don't work - there's no data, no proof... just a waste

Old 11-10-2005, 12:45 AM
Red Card Crew

Received 583 Likes on 496 Posts
Another shot across my bow that apparently cannot warrant a return fire.

Mods don't work - there's no data, no proof... just a waste
If that is your feeling, you need to talk to Russ, not me Every mod according to him is 10-15hp at least.

Now before the g-gangbang continues, I NEVER said mods didn't work. As my VE30DE is heavily modded. As is Dave B's old VQ30 maxima. If I WERE state "xx" mod is worth "xx" hp, I'd have the courtesy to provide the data to support it. Clearly that is a foreign concept to you.

Old 11-10-2005, 12:48 AM
Red Card Crew

If you want some concrete proof what the real story is, I have the links ready to post if you wish. But if you say "yes" do NOT and I mean do NOT blame me for what takes place after.

Rumor has it something similar happened on a Maxima forum... but apparently the "persecuting" was being done by the crowd that feels slighted here

Old 11-10-2005, 01:02 AM
My horns hold up my halo
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by DaveB
I want to you go back to the beginning of this thread and take notice that Mr. DaveO was the one that took the first shot. He went out of his way to flame Brian, Jeff, and myself.
And if you read the post that I made I addressed that as well.

Old 11-10-2005, 01:19 AM
05-G35 Sedan 5AT
Originally Posted by picus112
Four pages - I wonder if the OP ever got the help he was looking for.
hahahahaha.. well I know enough to sift thru the BS and pull out what I need..

Old 11-10-2005, 01:24 AM
My horns hold up my halo
No, I haven't read one of his magazine articles, but I've read many of his "article" style threads in here. Sorry, I'm not impressed and no one is going to change my mind about it. Most of his articles are based on G-techs, butt-dynos, and some hit and miss datalogging. On any other site, if he brought that kind of data collection to the table, he'd be reamed. I swear, every mod this guy tests seems to work nicely and has no side effects. That makes me very critical because not every mod is perfect. I've been doing this way too long to know that. I'll be the first one to tell I did brand "X" mod and it didn't do what it was advertized to do. I'll probably also be able to give some honest track and dyno data to along with it too.
I can tell you from talking with him on many occasions that he does in fact have mods that he has tested that he feels are not the best. I don't recall him EVER saying that a mod was perfect. I may be incorrect and will state that up front but I recall no time that this was stated.

Don't question him as an editor unless you have read his stuff and have something to back it up. Not just the fact that it is slander to him but the fact that it is hurtful to the magazine and therefore other people's reputations.

Face it, most guys on here don't know a lot about cars. That's not a shot at them. It's simply fact. They're not ignorant. They're not idiots. They just don't know.
While I will agree that there are quite a few people on here who don't know about cars, I won't make the statement that they are the majority. The way I read this statement it drips of you implying that very thing. If I am incorrect in that then by all means correct me but that is how it reads to me.

I have no personal issues with you. I have no history to cloud my opinions. I have said before that I will give you your due on many things. I personally have found the way you present many of your posts to be "this is gospel" in the way they come across. If you don't know 100% for certain about something you should make that clear. Make clear that "__" is your opinion and it is based on this information. Just a suggestion and a statement of how things come across. Take it for what you will.

Old 11-10-2005, 01:36 AM
05-G35 Sedan 5AT
Originally Posted by Driver72
What would be fun is to get a meet at various different tracks with 03/04 cars as well as 05's and compare. Of course, to be fair, cars would have to be basically stock or with the exact same mods for comparison purposes.
actually I would like to see modded cars against the stock ones.. that would prove to me that the mods are working..

Old 11-10-2005, 11:12 AM
Staff Alumni
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by vegasG35sedan
actually I would like to see modded cars against the stock ones.. that would prove to me that the mods are working..
I've raced a buddy with a vortech on his z. He proved the vortech worked...

Old 11-10-2005, 11:17 AM
05-G35 Sedan 5AT
Originally Posted by trey.hutcheson
I've raced a buddy with a vortech on his z. He proved the vortech worked...
Superchargers, turbochargers, and nitrous are obvious HP boosters. Im looking for bolt on naturally asperated mods on the 05 AT that people have tried and can prove that they work..

Old 11-10-2005, 01:10 PM
Premier Member

If you want some concrete proof what the real story is, I have the links ready to post if you wish. But if you say "yes" do NOT and I mean do NOT blame me for what takes place after.
Ah you mean the maxima boys side of the story that was blown out of proportion. lol. And a good portion of it is not true. OLD news from cry babies. 4 years ago. And your still trying to push it.

Like I said, trying to start trouble as always Jeff.

And PS, he wasn't talking about that. He was talking about your history with the rest of a few of you.

Old 11-10-2005, 01:14 PM
Premier Member

If that is your feeling, you need to talk to Russ, not me Every mod according to him is 10-15hp at least.
Really? Where do I say this without backing my claims?

Ahhh thats what I thought, you can't prove yourself as usual. So you make blank statements like this.

Oh yea, 30 sec rule... Laterz.

Old 11-10-2005, 01:19 PM
Red Card Crew

Originally Posted by G35_TX
Ah you mean the maxima boys side of the story that was blown out of proportion. lol. And a good portion of it is not true. OLD news from cry babies. 4 years ago. And your still trying to push it.
Threats of a lawsuit and emails to the site provider is "blowing it out of proportion"?

Like I said, trying to start trouble as always Jeff.
Again, please link me to ANY instances of me starting anything. I'll reply with specific examples of you doing much worse. I suggest not going down that route. It's non productive and you will not come out ahead.

Like always Russ, you are 100% oblivous to what is going on. I wasn't even PART of this thread until someone called my name out for some unknown reason.

And PS, he wasn't talking about that. He was talking about your history with the rest of a few of you.
What in the Lord's name does that statement mean? I have NO history with anyone here other than the fact the some here just happen to own a maxima before. As far as I knew, I called all the previous owners friends.

Old 11-10-2005, 01:21 PM
Premier Member

Sorry if I had copyrighted material that needed to be taken down and it wasn't.

Edit: Why are you here in the first place? You don't own a G35! You are here because your "friends" DaveB, BrianV, and so on told you about this happening in OT section of maxima.org. I know you guys are bad mouthing all about this since I do have a IN in that section with someone I know on maxima.org.

[QUOTE=Jeff92se]Threats of a lawsuit and emails to the site provider is "blowing it out of proportion"?

Like I said, trying to start trouble as always Jeff.[/qluote]

Like always Russ, you are 100% oblivous to what is going on. I wasn't even PART of this thread until someone called my name out for some unknown reason.

What in the Lord's name does that statement mean? I have NO history with anyone here other than the fact the some here just happen to own a maxima before. As far as I knew, I called all the previous owners friends.

Old 11-10-2005, 01:23 PM
Red Card Crew

Like always, starting trouble. Since when do YOU get to ask for proof? You have repeatedly NOT supplied proof of various claims. Namely flaming Dave. Now please explain how you can NOT provide any proof then in the very same thread, DEMAND proof of someone else??

Originally Posted by G35_TX
Really? Where do I say this without backing my claims?

Ahhh thats what I thought, you can't prove yourself as usual. So you make blank statements like this.

Oh yea, 30 sec rule... Laterz.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: 05 5AT mods