G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

My Busted G

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-02-2005, 10:27 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Busted G

This Monday, Halloween day, on my way to work I was rearended. Traffic came to a stop on the expressway due to rush hour traffic, and I was hit by a caddillac at approximately 45mph. My car was pushed into the trailer hitch on an F150 and did some major damage.

The impact was enough to break my driver's seat. I wonder if this is a safety feature, beacause I'm sure it absorbed a bunch of the impact.

My question is, from looking at the pictures, do you guys think it will be totaled? The car is now at the body shop, but I haven't received the estimate, yet.

Attached Thumbnails My Busted G-cimg0917.jpg   My Busted G-cimg0919.jpg   My Busted G-cimg0922.jpg   My Busted G-cimg0921.jpg  
Old 11-02-2005, 10:32 PM
OH DAMN THAT HURTS!!! Looks like the front is worse then the back! Sorry to hear man but glad you are ok! ****, I think the damage has to be a certain percentage of the value of the car. That % is usually determined by the state I believe but it looks like quite a bit of damage there!

Damn that sux! I would would have slapped the ish outta the person in the caddy!

Old 11-02-2005, 10:52 PM
I would have liked to slap that guy, but he's 70+ years old and I would have felt bad about that. I'm a firm believer that after a certain age, you should need to retake you driver's test. I'm in Phoenix and in the winter months, people from the northern states flock here.

This guy had Iowa plates and told me "Sorry about that, I'm an old farm boy and I'm not used to this kind of traffic".

This guy shouldn't have been driving. He didn't even hit his brakes.

Old 11-03-2005, 03:23 AM
Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts
Sedan
I would hope it gets totaled because your G will never be the same again if they repair it.

Old 11-03-2005, 03:30 AM
dang so this doods gonna have to pay for ur damage and the f150 damage..

Old 11-03-2005, 03:43 AM
only have one question.......... r u selling the rims?

Old 11-03-2005, 04:11 AM
Florida G35 Club, Premier Member
Very sorry to see what happened...Glad to see you're ok and weren't hurt.

Unfortunately I don't think they are going to total the car. There's not enough damage. My car was hit pretty bad in July and it just went back to the shop to get more things fixed. Total cost up to now is over 15k, and is nowhere near being totaled.

It's true what they say...it will never be the same. I have so many rattles now that just bug the S*** out of me, besides a million other things that annoy me. You're best bet is to get diminished value from your insurance company and sell it.

Good luck with everything.

Old 11-03-2005, 04:14 AM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
i'm glad you're in one piece. fix the car and sell it. it won't be the same...

Old 11-03-2005, 04:15 AM
One more thing...be careful which body shop you take it to. I took it to Infiniti's recommended shop and its been nothing but a nightmare. I've threatened them with a lawsuit because of all the damage "THEY" caused that wasn't a result of the accident. I know of at least two other people on this board that are dealing with this same problem...one in houston the other in NJ.

Old 11-03-2005, 08:34 AM
Staff ALUMNI
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
If I had to guess I'd say that car will be totalled. Check this thread out, similar situation - damage not as bad, car totalled.

http://my.is/forums/showthread.php?t=271776

The way your rear fender is bent I think it would be a miracle if the frame wasn't bent, which pretty much = totalled.

Let us know how it ends up. Regardless, I would never drive that car again.

Old 11-03-2005, 09:41 AM
I can't believe they totaled that IS, it doesn't look like much damage was done to it.

I think my rims are okay. If they do end up totalling it, I'll take the rims off and have them balanced to see if they still round. If they're damaged, then the insurance company will need to pay for replacements.

Old 11-03-2005, 10:16 AM
Originally Posted by geioushi
Very sorry to see what happened...Glad to see you're ok and weren't hurt.

Unfortunately I don't think they are going to total the car. There's not enough damage. My car was hit pretty bad in July and it just went back to the shop to get more things fixed. Total cost up to now is over 15k, and is nowhere near being totaled.

It's true what they say...it will never be the same. I have so many rattles now that just bug the S*** out of me, besides a million other things that annoy me. You're best bet is to get diminished value from your insurance company and sell it.

Good luck with everything.
I agree. Damage looks to be at least $10k but probably not more than $15k im my unprofessional opinion. Do get the diminished value from your insurance company. Do not have the insurance company come up with a number because it will be low. Get a independent appraiser to do it. It will cost a little bit of money but you will get more in the end. Sorry that happened to you. The same thing happened to my wife a few years back.

Old 11-03-2005, 12:17 PM
Originally Posted by picus112
The way your rear fender is bent I think it would be a miracle if the frame wasn't bent, which pretty much = totalled.
Just because the frame is bent, doesn't mean they will total the car. My frame was bent pretty badly. In fact, my whole center console shifted from the impact (which was in the rear quarter panel passenger side right on the tire). Its not that hard for them to pull the frame back into place.

Old 11-03-2005, 01:02 PM
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
the car will probably be totaled im about 90% sure

Old 11-03-2005, 01:08 PM
I don't know if it will be "totalled" but it 'aint gonna be cheap. I crushed the fron end of a sedan in 2002; no mechanical damage. The frame, suspension, engine, etc. were all fine. But the entire front end forward of the windshield and fenders had to be replaced including radiator; cost was over $13K. I traded the sedan for a 05 coupe this past April.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: My Busted G