G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

G35x Stillen exhaust quieter than stock?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-15-2005, 09:08 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
G35x Stillen exhaust quieter than stock?

Stillen is boasting that the new cat back for the G35x is supposed to be quieter than stock. Can anyone confirm this? I don't want my G to sound ridiculous, but, part of the fun of getting an exhaust is not only enhanced performance, but the nice sound they add.

Anyone have a Stillen on their G35x?????

Old 11-15-2005, 10:31 PM
Quieter than stock? Sorry but who are you talking to at Stillen? I have one on my X. Stock = silent, Stillen = music to my ears. It's definitley louder than stock but not crazy loud IMO. Best to find someone near you and check it out for yourself. What's music to some is loud to others.There's my $0.02. Good luck!

Old 11-16-2005, 12:22 AM
They probably talking about when the RPM is low, it should be quieter then stock, but when you revs it, WOOTS!!!!!!!!!BANG BANG< CLING CLING!!!

Old 11-16-2005, 11:57 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
they are talking about the new exhaust redesigned for the x's being quieter than the previous stillen exhaust designed for the rwd g.

Old 11-17-2005, 07:59 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Here the the 1 million dollar question: Does the new Stillen exhaust DRONE? I had a HKS on my 03 Maxima and it droned like heck on the highway! No way I want my G to sound like that. However, I wouldn't mind the extra ponies that the exhaust provides ANy people out there with the new exhaust and comments on droning while on the highway at 65-80mph?

Old 11-17-2005, 08:02 AM
Ok back to the orginal question has anyone put this on their G35X? How does it sound compared to stock. I would install this as long as my dog does not wake up when I am 4 houses away and can hear my car.

Stillen says...

This latest design will fit any 2003-2005 G35 Sedan, RWD or AWD. The original system yielded tremendous power but at a higher sound level than we normally look for. Our tireless R & D team has refined the exhaust to come up with one that is quieter than its predecessor without reducing any performance gains. This stainless steel cat-back exhaust system will increase your sedan's performance by 21-23 hp and 21-23 lbs ft. of torque - at the rear wheels! Twin resonators are employed.

Ok so about a 20hp/20torque boost... the cost is about a 1000 bucks plus installation. Not the average weekend job for me... But I would buy the system if I could get a good idea of how it sounds.

Old 11-17-2005, 08:11 AM
Staff ALUMNI (retired)
Received 47 Likes on 39 Posts
Originally Posted by mickey3c
Stillen says...

This latest design will fit any 2003-2005 G35 Sedan, RWD or AWD. The original system yielded tremendous power but at a higher sound level than we normally look for. Our tireless R & D team has refined the exhaust to come up with one that is quieter than its predecessor without reducing any performance gains. .....
This means quieter than old Stillen
not quieter than OEM

Xman..already gave feedback on his X...
but the new one is for all sedans now & will sound the same for all.

You might get more replies if you just ask for NEW Stillen sedan exhaust impressions

Old 11-17-2005, 08:14 AM
Ok back to the orginal question has anyone put this on their G35X? How does it sound compared to stock. I would install this as long as my dog does not wake up when I am 4 houses away and can hear my car.

Stillen says...

This latest design will fit any 2003-2005 G35 Sedan, RWD or AWD. The original system yielded tremendous power but at a higher sound level than we normally look for. Our tireless R & D team has refined the exhaust to come up with one that is quieter than its predecessor without reducing any performance gains. This stainless steel cat-back exhaust system will increase your sedan's performance by 21-23 hp and 21-23 lbs ft. of torque - at the rear wheels! Twin resonators are employed.

Ok so about a 20hp/20torque boost... the cost is about a 1000 bucks plus installation. Not the average weekend job for me... But I would buy the system if I could get a good idea of how it sounds.

Old 11-17-2005, 08:41 AM

Stillen says...

Old 11-17-2005, 08:44 AM
Misanthropic nut-cracker
Originally Posted by MrBillMartin
they are talking about the new exhaust redesigned for the x's being quieter than the previous stillen exhaust designed for the rwd g.
That's it! MBM is right. Get it ...it sounds great. It's a 'cake' install....took about 3 hours with an extra set of hands....my 7 year old lol. I did a whole pictorial on the install about 5 months ago. How do ya describe an exhaust sound....hmmmm. Louder than stock, but very 'euro'...not Jappy. Of couse....some guys leave their stock pipes on their Harleys and Ricers too. R U one of those kinda guys ??? UBCool , jbx

Attached Thumbnails G35x Stillen exhaust quieter than stock?-dscf0004.jpg   G35x Stillen exhaust quieter than stock?-dscf0015.jpg   G35x Stillen exhaust quieter than stock?-dscf0018.jpg   G35x Stillen exhaust quieter than stock?-dscf0021.jpg   G35x Stillen exhaust quieter than stock?-dscf0023.jpg  

Last edited by JustBrilliantX; 11-17-2005 at 08:53 AM.
Old 11-17-2005, 08:55 AM
Misanthropic nut-cracker
more pics

rest of pics

Attached Thumbnails G35x Stillen exhaust quieter than stock?-dscf0033.jpg   G35x Stillen exhaust quieter than stock?-dscf0038.jpg   G35x Stillen exhaust quieter than stock?-dscf0040.jpg   G35x Stillen exhaust quieter than stock?-dscf0045.jpg   G35x Stillen exhaust quieter than stock?-dscf0048.jpg  

Old 11-17-2005, 09:39 AM
So was there noticeable performance gains (seat of your pants)? Changes in MPG? I just do not want it to be too loud when driving at 75 on the highway...

Old 11-17-2005, 10:03 AM
Misanthropic nut-cracker
Yes (I feel it especially in the low and mid-range....and, since ya can't dyno an AWD 'X' I can't give ya specs 'cept my butt-o-meter ), I don't know or much care 'bout mpg (woulda' gotten a Civc or Prius if I did), and it's very quiet when cruising that slow.....almost none-existent drone. If I just wanted noise I woulda' left the coupe middy w/Stillen end pipe on and not spent a 'g' wizz$$$$ (or maybe put a Pep Boys 'fart can' on lol) Jeeeezzz Mikey....this has been posted many times b'4. It's OK and all good though. I want my signature back....I 'paid to play' !!!!!!!!! UBCool, jbx

Attached Thumbnails G35x Stillen exhaust quieter than stock?-dscf0012.jpg  

Last edited by JustBrilliantX; 11-17-2005 at 10:22 AM.
Old 11-17-2005, 01:21 PM
why cant you dyno an "X". There are AWD dynos....I am going to get mine done in the spring probably.

Old 11-17-2005, 02:05 PM
Misanthropic nut-cracker
Originally Posted by stl_ls1gto
why cant you dyno an "X". There are AWD dynos....I am going to get mine done in the spring probably.
You're right......, but the 'read' is only fairly, if even that, accurate. Much less so than RWD. I have one of the foremost tuner/custom builders in the US. close by http://www.idaautomotive.com/ http://www.robidaconcepts.com/page/page/1916736.htm that can do it, and even they say the same. Not worth the $$$$ to me for only 'so-so'... no? Anyway, what ever makes ya blow your load. Good luck with it and I'll be interested to see how ya make out when ya post the results. UBCool, jbx

Last edited by JustBrilliantX; 11-17-2005 at 02:08 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: G35x Stillen exhaust quieter than stock?