G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

lil missus got in a fender bender this evening.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-20-2005, 09:58 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy lil missus got in a fender bender this evening.

Well, she's not hurt aside from some seat belt bruising...

Pulling out of the 24hr Fitness parking lot headed east on 1960 she moves into the middle turning lane. Right then a car pulls out of the Whataburger across the road and pulls into the same middle turning lane headed west. He didn't bother to see if she was there and nailed her pretty hard on the front left headlight area. I think he did a last second swerve to miss a full head on collision with her. So here we are, an 05 sedan with only 2 oil changes and some change that is painful to look at. I am more than relieved that nobody was hurt but dammit I wanna smack that boy around. FWIW, I know his GF will be doing that for me, as he was driving her 05 Impala.

here's a tinyurl pointing to an online kodak gallery for anyone interested.
http://tinyurl.com/ad4xa

Also, can anyone recommend a body shop in Houston?

Old 11-20-2005, 11:56 PM
glad to haer every1's ok

Old 11-21-2005, 12:33 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
this might be a stupid question...but is the sedan front fender different from the coupe front fender? If they are the same I have an extra driver's side front fender in IP in perfect condition. Let me know

Old 11-21-2005, 02:20 AM
Did the police sort the accident out for you? You should be entitled to have your deductible covered by the other motorist if I've understood this accident correctly.

A) Your car turns from a driveway onto the main road and uses the turning lane as a temporary refuge to wait for traffic to clear. The car is stationary while in this lane.

B) The other motorist turns from a driveway onto the main road and uses the turning lane as an acceleration lane.

C) The other motorist collides with your stationary car while accelerating in the center lane.

You're allowed refuge in the center lane as long as you remain stationary and may merge right into the traffic flow when the traffic allows. The other driver committed a big no-no.

See the Texas Traffic Laws passage http://home.att.net/~texhwyman/laws.htm#CtrTurnLanes.

Good luck. I'm glad nobody was hurt.

Old 11-21-2005, 08:50 AM
Originally Posted by calejohnson
Did the police sort the accident out for you? You should be entitled to have your deductible covered by the other motorist if I've understood this accident correctly.

A) Your car turns from a driveway onto the main road and uses the turning lane as a temporary refuge to wait for traffic to clear. The car is stationary while in this lane.

B) The other motorist turns from a driveway onto the main road and uses the turning lane as an acceleration lane.

C) The other motorist collides with your stationary car while accelerating in the center lane.

You're allowed refuge in the center lane as long as you remain stationary and may merge right into the traffic flow when the traffic allows. The other driver committed a big no-no.

See the Texas Traffic Laws passage http://home.att.net/~texhwyman/laws.htm#CtrTurnLanes.

Good luck. I'm glad nobody was hurt.
Thanks for the tips, luckily for us, she used to work in auto insurance, is still in the insurance industry, and knows her agent extremely well.
Unfortunately for us, the police opted to deny citation to both drivers because they couldn't prove anything one way or the other. Meaning we have to see whose insurance has the bigger teeth on this one.

Old 11-21-2005, 08:51 AM
Originally Posted by Sundeviljay
this might be a stupid question...but is the sedan front fender different from the coupe front fender? If they are the same I have an extra driver's side front fender in IP in perfect condition. Let me know
I'll be in touch if the insurance companies get squirrelly with us. Otherwise, I am going to let them buy Brand New OEM parts.

Thanks for the offer.

Old 11-21-2005, 10:26 AM
I was rear-ended twice in my old truck. My wife's car has been hit twice as well so I am always worried about my new G35. Houston is a scary place when you have a new car. Sorry it was your turn this week.

Old 11-21-2005, 10:34 AM
Originally Posted by jawjaw
I was rear-ended twice in my old truck. My wife's car has been hit twice as well so I am always worried about my new G35. Houston is a scary place when you have a new car. Sorry it was your turn this week.
Funny thing is, she had the car waxed on Saturday. Got bird crap on it Sat afternoon, then I made a comment about getting the front bumper repaired where some a$$hole had banged either a car door or shopping cart into it and gouged it. I didn't mean for the bumper to get fixed by tearing the whole front end up...oh well.

BTW, Houston really sucks to drive in anymore, new car or not.

Old 11-21-2005, 01:30 PM
O.F. Administrator
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Your case shouldn't be hard to prove with some witnesses. Grab some and talk to a lawyer.
C.