G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

2006 G35 Sedan RWD or Toyota Avalon Touring

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-27-2005, 08:31 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2006 G35 Sedan RWD or Toyota Avalon Touring

I know both these cars are good built cars and would like to hear which car you would choose and why. I am stil leaning more towards the G35. I would like to know if people had any warranty issues with their G's when they bought it.

Old 11-27-2005, 09:07 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
There are so many differences but I think for me it boils down to the manufacturers intent when these cars were designed.

The G35 was designed from the ground up to be a sports sedan with quick reflexes, 50/50 weight distribution, a powerful engine, and communicative steering.

From the engine to the interior, the Avalon was designed to isolate the driver from the road. The suspension on this full-sized automobile was tuned for maximum absorption of road surface and irregularities; the car wallows and leans where the G35 tracks flat. Its FWD platform suited the demands for space efficiency not road performance. Now Toyota is selling this same car with "touring" suspension. I don't see how that makes it a sports sedan.

Is there something that warrants comparison that I'm missing? Maybe the tail light treatment?

Old 11-27-2005, 10:31 AM
It works on my machine
Your comparing a FWD family sedan to a RWD sport sedan. I drove both, and while the Avalon has some pickup, it still feels like your car rides on a cushion of air, fine if that your thing. But I much more like the feel of the car and road.

Old 11-27-2005, 10:36 AM
Don't drink and Mag Race
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
The Avalon was the fist Toyota expressly designed for the American market/tastes.

It is about as close to riding in a Buick as one can come while buying Japanese.

Old 11-27-2005, 11:25 AM
the avalon is an awesome car for the money. We have 106k miles on are 2000 and havent had any problems. Im not sure if u can really compare it to the G seems they are totally different, but both are nice cars for there categories.

Old 11-27-2005, 11:31 AM
This is a joke, right?

Old 11-27-2005, 01:41 PM
Originally Posted by Teeter
This is a joke, right?
Psh...no! I'd go with the Avalon because it is really cool looking and it probly handles way more better than the G!

Old 11-27-2005, 03:00 PM
The Avalon looks way too big to me. Actually I hate the styling but that is my opinion only.

As for warranty the Avalon only has a 36k mile warranty vs. 60k mile warranty on the G. No comparison w/warranties.

Old 11-27-2005, 03:05 PM
FWD BZZZT just stop the comparison right there

Old 11-27-2005, 03:07 PM
O.F. Administrator
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by ChicagoX
The Avalon was the fist Toyota expressly designed for the American market/tastes.

It is about as close to riding in a Buick as one can come while buying Japanese.
+1......Get the G.
C.

Old 11-28-2005, 10:58 AM
I feel I am uniquely qualified to address this. I have an '04 G and just bought an '06 Touring. If you want a car to blast around in the G is your car by far. If you want a smooth, fast, big comfortable car the Avalon is the winner. Unfortunately in the real world of stop and go traffic, freeway driving and city streets it is difficult to use a car like the G to its' potential. Most of the time you are stuck on a two lane, that would be a blast to drive normally, behind some RV doing 15 miles an hour.

Having said all of that I can say I like both cars for their respective talents. Kind of like two vacation homes...one on the ocean and the other in the mountains. Sometimes you just want to be near the water etc.

As far as the Buick thing I have to say that I compared the several Lexus models as well as the new M35 to this car before I bought it. Bottom line is that the price difference doesn't add up to what you actually get for your money. The Avalon could easily wear a Lexus badge.

Old 11-28-2005, 02:04 PM
Originally Posted by RF951
I feel I am uniquely qualified to address this. I have an '04 G and just bought an '06 Touring. If you want a car to blast around in the G is your car by far. If you want a smooth, fast, big comfortable car the Avalon is the winner. Unfortunately in the real world of stop and go traffic, freeway driving and city streets it is difficult to use a car like the G to its' potential. Most of the time you are stuck on a two lane, that would be a blast to drive normally, behind some RV doing 15 miles an hour.

Having said all of that I can say I like both cars for their respective talents. Kind of like two vacation homes...one on the ocean and the other in the mountains. Sometimes you just want to be near the water etc.

As far as the Buick thing I have to say that I compared the several Lexus models as well as the new M35 to this car before I bought it. Bottom line is that the price difference doesn't add up to what you actually get for your money. The Avalon could easily wear a Lexus badge.
Thanks for the your comparison.

What color Avalon did you get?? I thought the ride on the touring avalon was little bit rougher than the infiniti G35.

Old 11-28-2005, 03:17 PM
Toyota's have always been very bland IMO. Sure, they are built well and last forever but I rather have something with more character and passion. I mean, how many people get on boards like this and talk about their Avalons?

Old 11-28-2005, 06:32 PM
Originally Posted by jimmykce1
Thanks for the your comparison.

What color Avalon did you get?? I thought the ride on the touring avalon was little bit rougher than the infiniti G35.
The Avalon is not rough at all in my opinion. The G is much more buttoned down in terms of ride quality. The Toyota does tend to float a bit more. My car is white.

Having owned the Toyota for few weeks I can say it feels very well put together and I like its' appearance and ergonomics. This is not a car that I would buy to lower or modify. If that is your interest the G is by far the winner. Also, if I didn't own the G I would have more than likely bought one over the Toyota. For value, performance and quality there is no equal to the G35.

Old 11-28-2005, 06:40 PM
Originally Posted by jawjaw
I mean, how many people get on boards like this and talk about their Avalons?

Not many - I think it's considered "off topic" over there on "matlock-forum.org".

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 2006 G35 Sedan RWD or Toyota Avalon Touring