G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

Megan Y-pipe or IntensePower Y-pipe???

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-30-2005, 03:49 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Megan Y-pipe or IntensePower Y-pipe???

Hey guys I was wondernig which y-pipe would be best? Megan is 140$ and Intensepower is 199$. Other then the price are there any significant differnces? Anyone have the Megan Y-pipe? What would you guys choose? Any HP difference? Quality difference? I need all the help I can get.

thanks

Nick

Old 11-30-2005, 04:26 PM
Go with the Fujitsubo.

Old 11-30-2005, 04:36 PM
Misanthropic nut-cracker
Originally Posted by Augy
Go with the Fujitsubo.
a good choice...........or one of the other name brands...............................04' G35X, Brilliant Silver,"Padded" (Metal Matrix) by Stillen" "Full 'X' Cat-Back" by Stillen, "Aloomie Pedals" by Inf., "Popped" by Wolf, "Pullied" by UR,"Tubed" by Z,"D-Badged" by me, "Clear Cornered" by JDM, 05' "Tails" by Inf., "Tall Boy Plenum" by APS, well "Grounded" by Gordgee., 35% Silver Reflective tint.

Old 11-30-2005, 04:39 PM
whats wrong with megan or intense power???

Old 11-30-2005, 05:22 PM
Misanthropic nut-cracker
Fuji/HK/Borla/Stillen........just known quantities to me, but a lot more money. Are you planning to do only the "Y" ????????????? Why? No full "cat-back"? No "middy"? Who's "end pipe" ?......................................04' G35X, Brilliant Silver,"Padded" (Metal Matrix) by Stillen" "Full 'X' Cat-Back" by Stillen, "Aloomie Pedals" by Inf., "Popped" by Wolf, "Pullied" by UR,"Tubed" by Z,"D-Badged" by me, "Clear Cornered" by JDM, 05' "Tails" by Inf., "Tall Boy Plenum" by APS, well "Grounded" by Gordgee., 35% Silver Reflective tint.

Last edited by JustBrilliantX; 11-30-2005 at 05:31 PM.
Old 11-30-2005, 08:27 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i went with intense power ypipe and coupe midpipe and the quality is really good on the ypipe. i cant see spending 400 when its not that much different

Old 11-30-2005, 08:45 PM
Misanthropic nut-cracker
Originally Posted by 03silverG
i went with intense power ypipe and coupe midpipe and the quality is really good on the ypipe. i cant see spending 400 when its not that much different
Whatever pops your nut. I went with the Stillen gen. II Cat-Back because I like the 'X' pipe/true dual design, and the fact that it's the only one available to fit around the transfer case of my 'X' AWD. None of the 'knock off'' manufactures have copied it yet so I had no other way ta go.................04' G35X, Brilliant Silver,"Padded" (Metal Matrix) by Stillen" "Full 'X' Cat-Back" by Stillen, "Aloomie Pedals" by Inf., "Popped" by Wolf, "Pullied" by UR,"Tubed" by Z,"D-Badged" by me, "Clear Cornered" by JDM, 05' "Tails" by Inf., "Tall Boy Plenum" by APS, well "Grounded" by Gordgee., 35% Silver Reflective tint.

Old 11-30-2005, 08:55 PM
Originally Posted by JustBrilliantX
Whatever pops your nut. I went with the Stillen gen. II Cat-Back because I like the 'X' pipe/true dual design, and the fact that it's the only one available to fit around the transfer case of my 'X' AWD. None of the 'knock off'' manufactures have copied it yet so I had no other way ta go.................04' G35X, Brilliant Silver,"Padded" (Metal Matrix) by Stillen" "Full 'X' Cat-Back" by Stillen, "Aloomie Pedals" by Inf., "Popped" by Wolf, "Pullied" by UR,"Tubed" by Z,"D-Badged" by me, "Clear Cornered" by JDM, 05' "Tails" by Inf., "Tall Boy Plenum" by APS, well "Grounded" by Gordgee., 35% Silver Reflective tint.
Yeah when i said i cant see spending 400 i just meant just on the ypipe. im all for spending the dough on a full exhaust i just cant afford that right now.

Old 12-01-2005, 01:54 PM
so Megan is not good? Intense power is better? I rather go with Megan cuz I have a deal with them for 140, or its too risky?

Old 12-01-2005, 03:04 PM
Originally Posted by 05Blk
so Megan is not good? Intense power is better? I rather go with Megan cuz I have a deal with them for 140, or its too risky?
Thats your call man, i went with intense power cause i saw them first. I didnt know about megan at the time.

Old 12-01-2005, 11:14 PM
Received 451 Likes on 305 Posts
What is your setup now and what are you looking to achieve?

I have the Intense Motorsport Y (its off the car for now), I had it coupled with a Ztube, coupe middy and HKS rear sport muffler. I lost some torque but gained a few high end horses. It also quieted down my exhaust quiet a bit. I've since removed it and added some Crawford hi-flo cats. After I test that out for a bit, I will be adding the Y back on to see what results I get from the complete setup.

Basically depending on what you setup is and what you are looking to do, you may get different results. At this point, I don't know if I will be keeping the Y or just selling it off. I am just glad I didn't spend the bucks for one of the more popular ones.

Good luck

Old 12-02-2005, 09:28 AM
Originally Posted by G35papa
What is your setup now and what are you looking to achieve?

I have the Intense Motorsport Y (its off the car for now), I had it coupled with a Ztube, coupe middy and HKS rear sport muffler. I lost some torque but gained a few high end horses. It also quieted down my exhaust quiet a bit. I've since removed it and added some Crawford hi-flo cats. After I test that out for a bit, I will be adding the Y back on to see what results I get from the complete setup.

Basically depending on what you setup is and what you are looking to do, you may get different results. At this point, I don't know if I will be keeping the Y or just selling it off. I am just glad I didn't spend the bucks for one of the more popular ones.

Good luck
so your saying adding the IT ypipe made your exhaust quieter compared to the stock one?

Old 12-02-2005, 10:22 AM
Received 224 Likes on 141 Posts
Hey guys I was wondernig which y-pipe would be best? Megan is 140$ and Intensepower is 199$. Other then the price are there any significant differnces? Anyone have the Megan Y-pipe? What would you guys choose? Any HP difference? Quality difference? I need all the help I can get.

thanks

Nick

Correct me if I'm wrong, but Intensepower y-pipe are made by Megan = same thing as the Megan y-pipe . Atleast that is according to the description listed on their website for the $199 y-pipe. I have a coupe and has the Megan that I bought for $140 also. It's pretty well constructed and if it cracks, i'll just get a new one and still spend less money than if i bought a fuji or any other name brand. To me, they all do the same thing and if you do a search, that's consensus on the board as well. I'd rather my money to towards other mods than paying for overpriced product. my two cents.

~Khoa

Old 12-02-2005, 01:42 PM
Received 451 Likes on 305 Posts
Originally Posted by 03silverG
so your saying adding the IT ypipe made your exhaust quieter compared to the stock one?
Correct
Adding the Y quieted down my HKS rear muffler.

Old 12-02-2005, 03:44 PM
Received 72 Likes on 51 Posts
Just curious, but I have yet to find one dyno or 1/4 mile ET/MPH from either a G or Z showing power gained or lost with an aftermarket y-pipe. The general consenus at my350Z.com is "don't waste your time or money".

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Megan Y-pipe or IntensePower Y-pipe???