Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-01-2005, 10:21 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
First Time Car Buyer

Old 12-01-2005, 10:38 PM
Originally Posted by BigSash
this all sounds very far fetched to me... thirty new cars? How are the cars "new" and loaners... this is simply not possible.

Loaner cars have to be registered as fleet vehicles and it desecrates their resale value.

Now I do understand that in some cases you may be able to swing a "test drive" for a day or something but that is technically not a loaner

Old 12-01-2005, 11:32 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
this all sounds very far fetched to me... thirty new cars? How are the cars "new" and loaners... this is simply not possible.

Loaner cars have to be registered as fleet vehicles and it desecrates their resale value.
My dealer has loaner cars, not sure how many, but they all do start out as new, never had a problem getting an Infiniti loaner, used to be a mix of G's and i35's, now it's all G's!

Old 12-02-2005, 12:26 AM
Originally Posted by ABQ_G35
My dealer has loaner cars, not sure how many, but they all do start out as new, never had a problem getting an Infiniti loaner, used to be a mix of G's and i35's, now it's all G's!
Ok so they start as new but then after the first time it's loaned out it's not new anymore right?

I mean is this guy who started the thread serious? do you really care what model year the loaner you drive for 1 day is? I understand if you have an A8 or a Q45 wanting something of equal prestige but the model year? who cares man

Old 12-02-2005, 12:29 AM
Originally Posted by 4thHorseman
I got an '01 Camry for a loaner, and wow those cars suck. Maybe they gave it to me so I would realize how great my G coupe is....
yeah your G coupe rocks, but your lucky they didnt give you a sedan cause then you would think your coupe sucked.

jk

Old 12-02-2005, 12:32 AM
Originally Posted by MrCrazy
I once got a I35 loaner for my 15000 service (last June). I was so offended that it wasn't a G35, FX, or M. So offended that I didn't drive the car around when I got where I needed to go (to work and then back to the dealership - granted... I was working and thus had nowhere to go - and I brought my own lunch).

Also, I once took my car in because I wanted something checked out (no appointment) and they had no loaners available. They sent me to enterprise and rented me (their expense) a vehicle. When I got there, enterprise didn't have a lot of cars available (and the selection was limited because the dealership agreement says that they can only rent vehicles with power windows and locks) so they put me in a mini-van (with power locks and windows). When I found out I was so offended that they went above and beyond the loaner program only to put me in a mini-van... what am I a soccer mom?
When a dealership rents you a car from enterprise there is no way they pay more than $25 a day unless you are talking 7series BMW then they pay 50

Old 12-02-2005, 12:47 AM
My first post and my first service visit

Took my 05 Sedan in for 15k service and got an 04 for a loaner. Man, I do appreciate some of the changes they have made.

We have a 03 S600 and a 03 540i in the family and always get a C240 or 325i as a loaner. I am much happier with getting a G for my G, but i can understand being a little disappointed when i was handed the keys to the 04.

Worst kick was getting my car back smelling like "mechanic". Luckily its worn back to my fresh leather smell.

Old 12-02-2005, 02:44 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Stevie, you specifically asked if you were being picky and as others pointed out you are. Consider that you bought the bottom of the line infiniti. You're lucky that they even gave you an infiniti as a loaner. If you don't like the responses you got with this thread then don't ask in the future.

Old 12-02-2005, 10:33 AM
Originally Posted by shodog
Stevie, you specifically asked if you were being picky and as others pointed out you are. Consider that you bought the bottom of the line infiniti. You're lucky that they even gave you an infiniti as a loaner.
Agreed, I was being picky. I asked for input, but some people were saying I was "low." Come on, I was just defending myself. BTW, the Ferrari F430 is the bottom of the line Ferrari, what's your point.

If you don't like the responses you got with this thread then don't ask in the future.
Next time I'll look into my crystal ball to see the future....
Just because I don't like the responses (I have had a few good ones) from some who've posted doesn't mean I won't post in the future.

This was one of the "selling points" offered to me when I was in the showroom speaking with the salesman. That they have a large fleet of loaners, most were "new", meaning that they were new model year. Is that hard to comprehend for you? Not "new" in the sense that no one has ever driven them before. That's just plain ridiculous. You're just being difficult. As fleet/loaner vehicles, they've got two or three QX45s, about 15 Gs (coupes and sedans- all of which were 05 or newer), 3 or 4 FX35s and about 5 Ms (obviously 05 or newer). Didn't really notice how many Qs they had (probably only 1 or 2). Not one I35 or G20 as a loaner. I hate it when I drive desecrated cars... sheesh...

This makes absolute perfect business sense to me. Infiniti offers the dealers fleet cars (they all had the white infiniti logo in the rear window with a fleet number over the brake light) to use as demos for staff and as loaners to customers so that when they come in for service they don't have to drive a dog around. I think the policy is as long as your car in under warranty they will offer you one of these vehicles as loaners. Afterwards you are either on your own or they can help you get a rental if it's for an extended period of time.

I mean is this guy who started the thread serious? do you really care what model year the loaner you drive for 1 day is? I understand if you have an A8 or a Q45 wanting something of equal prestige but the model year? who cares man.
If you read the post, I don't care about the model year, what I cared about was getting a car off their used car lot (it obviously hadn't been taken car of-40K miles and engine and brakes squealing) instead of offering me a loaner car from their .... {GASP} ....loaner lot, which was one of their "selling points" from the beginning.

If you buy a computer at the store and the salesman tells you "this computer does everything. It even does email." Then you get home and it doesn't do email, you're upset, right. It's completely independent of what CPU speed it is or how old or whether your neighbor was given a Celeron computer while his P4 was in the shop. Heck the guy down the street was given a palm pilot (aka Chevy Cavalier) to use while his computer was in the shop.... are you catching my drift yet?

Old 12-02-2005, 01:02 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Stevie, you specifically asked if you were being picky and as others pointed out you are. Consider that you bought the bottom of the line infiniti. You're lucky that they even gave you an infiniti as a loaner. If you don't like the responses you got with this thread then don't ask in the future.
While that may be true, the G35 is the car that keeps Infiniti going, that is the bulk of their sales, so yes, you should get an Infiniti as a loaner. That was part of the sales pitch as well!

Old 12-02-2005, 01:25 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by steviep_g35
I don't see exactly how it can be "low" of me to be upset about something like this. And really I wasn't upset as much as I was disappointed. I just didn't understand why they would go through the trouble of taking a 2003 G35 off the used car lot when they had G's on the loaner lot. Just so happens that they are all relatively brand new. I never said that I expected an M as a loaner either. What I'm saying is I was just a little disappointed that they went through so much trouble to give me an older car as a loaner. I'm not trying to put anyone down. I understand that "at least I got a G and not a Cavalier" but part of me was just a little disappointed. That's it. And since this is a G35 forum and people share their experiences with their G I thought I'd do the same. I'll think twice next time.

Also, the whole deal about "at no cost to you" is BS. When you buy a car like a G35, you often pay a premium, not only when you buy the car, but also in the service department. And as much as people complain on this board that their cars are always in the shop; you're paying for it somehow.
Maybe those G's were waiting to be serviced or out of commission? They use normal plates and they usually are in the shop more than out on the road (due to constant beating) Or were already reserved?

Some dealers around here get Kia/Hyundai Rentals lol.

Old 12-02-2005, 01:32 PM
lol...expecting brand new G and even M for loaner...;;;
thats a stretch

Old 12-02-2005, 01:39 PM
Originally Posted by JDM 350GT
lol...expecting brand new G and even M for loaner...;;;
thats a stretch
Thanks Johnny Come Lately. Read the post, jerk, before you make a fool of yourself.

Old 12-02-2005, 01:43 PM
Originally Posted by Down_Shift
Maybe those G's were waiting to be serviced or out of commission? They use normal plates and they usually are in the shop more than out on the road (due to constant beating) Or were already reserved?

Some dealers around here get Kia/Hyundai Rentals lol.
You're right Down Shift. That may be true. I can't say anything to that except that I think it's unlikely all 15 G's where in the shop or already spoken for. But I will afford that it's a possibility as they are the only Infiniti dealership within 100 miles. Thanks.

Old 12-02-2005, 02:31 PM
It works on my machine
Today I got a '04 with 27,000 miles, that thing is beat to ****. But hey it's a ride, and better than the Honda shuttle I used to deal with.

I know my dealer has about 50-60 loaners, they all have plates like "lisle20", but whenever I call to make an appt. I always have to make it for a few days in advance if I want to get a loaner, otherwise I have to walk.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Took the G to the dealer