G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

Took the G to the dealer

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-01-2005, 10:55 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Took the G to the dealer

This morning I took my 05 G into the dealer so they could look at a few things. I had called ahead and asked for a loaner, which they obliged. But when they pull my loaner up it's an 03 G off the used car lot (sticker in the window). Part of me was a little upset that they at least didn't offer me the same year car. Especially when they had 10 brand new G sedans, 5 new coupes and 6 or 7 M's available. Am I just being picky?

Old 12-01-2005, 11:01 AM
Yes.

Why would the dealership want to give you a brand new car as a loaner? So you can rack up the miles and they can make less money on the sale?

Also, why would they give you an M when you own a G?

This is a convience service that you are not paying for. This is not a luxury rent-a-car where you can pay and rent a Ferrari.

Old 12-01-2005, 11:05 AM
No offense, but they have cars set aside specifically as loaners for owners who bring their cars into the shop. I didn't mention that, I'm sorry, but I thought it would be understood. These are new cars, they use only as loaners. Then sell later on at reduced prices of course. I kid you not, they have about 30 new cars they use exclusively as loaners.

Old 12-01-2005, 11:54 AM
jesus don't be so picky. at least you got a G, soem ppl here get cavaliers

Old 12-01-2005, 12:08 PM
ENVautoDetailing.com

Received 136 Likes on 92 Posts
Stevie..... that's pretty low of you to get upset over the fact that they are giving you the same car you own, at no cost to you, no matter if its the same year or not... atleast your not getting an enterprise rent-a-car.
-GP-

Old 12-01-2005, 12:35 PM
I had the opposite happen to me today. I own an 03.5 with mods - premium package and need some suspension squeaks and differential noise cleared up.

My loaner is a POS 05 X base pacakge with more rattles and squeaks and a wicked creak from the front end when you load the right side. This car sounds like an old camaro when you drive it. And with the AWD, extra weight and no mods - it's weak on power. Also the shifter action (AT) when moving to M mode is crunchy and perhaps abused from being a loaner. Did I mention it rattles like no other car ever. If I was in an old I-30 getting service and drove this thing I would NOT be sold on the G!

Yes I am spoiled. How the hell am I going to drive home without an auto dimming mirror. I'm appalled.

I do wish I had the matching revs and the leather shift boot tho, but I don't see myself buying another G if they are getting worse over time!

Old 12-01-2005, 12:42 PM
I don't see exactly how it can be "low" of me to be upset about something like this. And really I wasn't upset as much as I was disappointed. I just didn't understand why they would go through the trouble of taking a 2003 G35 off the used car lot when they had G's on the loaner lot. Just so happens that they are all relatively brand new. I never said that I expected an M as a loaner either. What I'm saying is I was just a little disappointed that they went through so much trouble to give me an older car as a loaner. I'm not trying to put anyone down. I understand that "at least I got a G and not a Cavalier" but part of me was just a little disappointed. That's it. And since this is a G35 forum and people share their experiences with their G I thought I'd do the same. I'll think twice next time.

Also, the whole deal about "at no cost to you" is BS. When you buy a car like a G35, you often pay a premium, not only when you buy the car, but also in the service department. And as much as people complain on this board that their cars are always in the shop; you're paying for it somehow.

Old 12-01-2005, 12:44 PM
Staff ALUMNI
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by SixFive
snip...
What he said! ^

Oh and honestly as much as I dislike Infiniti dealerships, in their defense the G35 really is the bitch of the line. There isn't much of a "premium" on it - just consider that some Maxima's cost more. It's a pretty "cheap" luxury car. I think it's good you got a G loaner at all and am frankly a little confused why you are so "disappointed" about getting an '03.

Last edited by Picus; 12-01-2005 at 12:47 PM.
Old 12-01-2005, 12:50 PM
Widdle ya into kindling
Originally Posted by steviep_g35
This morning I took my 05 G into the dealer so they could look at a few things. I had called ahead and asked for a loaner, which they obliged. But when they pull my loaner up it's an 03 G off the used car lot (sticker in the window). Part of me was a little upset that they at least didn't offer me the same year car. Especially when they had 10 brand new G sedans, 5 new coupes and 6 or 7 M's available. Am I just being picky?
Waaah.
You took in a G and got a G for a loaner. Who cares what year it is. I took my 04 Coupe in twice. Once I got an 03 or 04 Sedan and this last time an 05 G35X.

Yes you are being very picky and you sound spoiled by your tone. IMHO

Old 12-01-2005, 12:53 PM
Widdle ya into kindling
Originally Posted by steviep_g35
I don't see exactly how it can be "low" of me to be upset about something like this. And really I wasn't upset as much as I was disappointed. I just didn't understand why they would go through the trouble of taking a 2003 G35 off the used car lot when they had G's on the loaner lot. Just so happens that they are all relatively brand new. I never said that I expected an M as a loaner either. What I'm saying is I was just a little disappointed that they went through so much trouble to give me an older car as a loaner. I'm not trying to put anyone down. I understand that "at least I got a G and not a Cavalier" but part of me was just a little disappointed. That's it. And since this is a G35 forum and people share their experiences with their G I thought I'd do the same. I'll think twice next time.

Also, the whole deal about "at no cost to you" is BS. When you buy a car like a G35, you often pay a premium, not only when you buy the car, but also in the service department. And as much as people complain on this board that their cars are always in the shop; you're paying for it somehow.
Your dealership is a business and is not going to sacrifice money because you want a better G. Think about it.

Old 12-01-2005, 12:58 PM
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i have an 03, the first time i took the car in back in july they gave me an 03 G
then i had to come back to finish the job and they gave me an 04X and this last time i went they gave me a 05G
they just give you whats available and i think after a loaner gets to a certain amount of miles they sell it

Old 12-01-2005, 02:27 PM
Originally Posted by realgone
Your dealership is a business and is not going to sacrifice money because you want a better G. Think about it.
Are you even reading the posts? I just told you that all the loaners are relatively new; 05 or newer. What's your deal?

You would think too that if someone comes in with an 03 G for service they'd offer them an 05 or 06 loaner (not off the sales lot, a G with the sole reason for existance: to be driven as a loaner) so that hopefully that person would come back later and upgrade to a newer G perhaps.... That's just good business sense, right? All I'm saying is that the dealership went out of their way to get me a car off the used car lot when they had G35s available to offer me in the loaner lot. And yes that disappointed me.

I'm not spoiled. I've worked hard all my life to be able to enjoy things like an Infiniti G35.

Old 12-01-2005, 02:31 PM
My 05 X is in the shop right now with tranny issues ... and they gave me a 04 X. Man ... I'm soooo glad I picked up the 05! I cannot stand the way the gauges look, and I'm not use it not having rev match. The exhaust doesn't sound as nice ... and it does seem to have less power than my 05 ... eventhough most people here would disagree!

Overall I think the 05 was a significant improvement over the older ones.

Old 12-01-2005, 02:45 PM
Stevie your main point is that they went to their used car lot to pull a G35 when they have a large fleet of Loaners available. That I can understand here in Hawaii, Ohau to be exact we have one Infiniti dealer they are only authorized a certain number of loaners all G35 sedans ranging from 03-05. Now if your dealership has 30 Loaners available then they must be pretty high volume. With that being said to go to the used car lot to get you a car means 1 of two things.
1. They don't like you for whatever reason...
2. All of the other G35 were spoken for already
The year of the G35 doesn't matter you are only going to have it for a couple hours and the service department does not care about selling you on a G35 that is not their goal. If you prefer a certain year, make or model ask your service guy and see if he can reserve it for you. It's worth a shot.

Old 12-01-2005, 02:59 PM
Originally Posted by perry05G35
Stevie your main point is that they went to their used car lot to pull a G35 when they have a large fleet of Loaners available. That I can understand here in Hawaii, Ohau to be exact we have one Infiniti dealer they are only authorized a certain number of loaners all G35 sedans ranging from 03-05. Now if your dealership has 30 Loaners available then they must be pretty high volume. With that being said to go to the used car lot to get you a car means 1 of two things.
1. They don't like you for whatever reason...
2. All of the other G35 were spoken for already
The year of the G35 doesn't matter you are only going to have it for a couple hours and the service department does not care about selling you on a G35 that is not their goal. If you prefer a certain year, make or model ask your service guy and see if he can reserve it for you. It's worth a shot.
Wow! Perry, thank you. The first adult response yet.

Just to give you an idea, my local dealership is the only one in northeast Florida, so I'd imagine they are pretty high volume. And you are correct in replying that 1 of two things could be going on here. Unfortuantely, I have an inkling it's the first. I've mentioned in other posts that my experience with the staff of the local dealership has been much less than average. And I'm not one to put up and shut up (can you tell?). Either way, I didn't mean to make this a huge deal. Just passing on my experience and requesting feedback. I'm seeing that I should be happy with what was given to me since others may have not been as lucky. I appreciate that and I apologize if I offended anyone. That was not my intent.

To comment on what Empz wrote: I agree that the new interior styling is much improved, but of course, that's just my opinion, some may like the older style better.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Took the G to the dealer