G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

*CRY*

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-02-2003, 10:43 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: *CRY*

what SIGN??? geeeeeee...you call those boulders??? i've seen peebles bigger than that....hehehe.....eventhought the car dont lQQK that bad, but i would opt for the new one, i just scraped the bumper yesterday, was considering selling it and get a new one!......am glad you ARE ok tho...s.w.

g35girl-----need some towles to put on your shoulder???

03.5 coupe 5AT DG/G premium,performance

Old 08-02-2003, 10:44 PM

you arent alone, althoght its not as bad, but it hurts just the same........i think i might need a shoulder too ^-^(wink)

03.5 coupe 5AT DG/G premium,performance<P ID="edit"><FONT class="small"><EM>Edited by limeg35 on 08/02/03 07:47 PM.</EM></FONT></P>

82020-DSC00065 ouch.JPG

Old 08-03-2003, 12:22 AM
Cactus Hugging Admin
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

So how many coats of Zaino will it take to buff this little 'scratch' out?
So yeah... still hurting for my G, but the more I look at the pics the less harmed it looks. Anyone got an idea of what I'll be looking at in repairs? Cost, time, etc.? Insurance has this one, but I really don't want my rates to go up because of one hidden stopsign in the middle of podunk-town. Thoughts?
G

2003.5 Black w/ Willow
Premium / Sport / Aero / Winter / Navi / Tint
Indianapolis, IN

Old 08-03-2003, 12:38 AM

none what so ever, will take to the shop on monday, that lil "scratch" will cost me $225 and one night without my G.

I'll sue the city, county, state, and the feds, if i was you, i will start lQQKing in the phone books for an lawyer...good luck...s.w.

03.5 coupe 5AT DG/G premium,performance

Old 08-03-2003, 01:45 AM
Cactus Hugging Admin

Not too bad for that scratch... I'm hoping mine isn't too bad [img]/w3timages/icons/smile.gif[/img]
The first person I called after the accident was my insurance agent, the second person was my lawyer. I got plenty of pictures of the sign, placement, etc. and written and signed testimony from the property owner that this "happens a lot". I personally don't want to see my rates rise, but I'm also not a litigous person by nature, so we'll see what happens with all of this...
As of right now, I'm trying to figure out a way to profusely thank the owners of the property that the tree was on. The wife said "thank god, i've hated that tree" lol, so I guess I did her a favor. She still went above and beyond by giving me a ride to my friend's, staying with my friend and I as we attempted to remove it, etc.
G

2003.5 Black w/ Willow
Indianapolis, IN

Old 08-03-2003, 09:02 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Any damage to the undercarriage? Just wondering because of the description that it went up on a rock and wheels were off the ground. Make sure when the car is assessed for damage that they look thoroughly underneath--I say this from experience because I had a G20 that got plowed from the rear while I was sitting at a stop light. The car was driveable and looked like only rear fender damage from the outside, but I knew from the impact that there was more they should look at. When Infiniti body shop initially looked, they just gave an estimate on the bumper. I insisted they put it on a lift. Turned out to be $3500 worth of damage--about $2500 of which was under the car and was only visible when the car was on a lift. The car that hit me had slide underneath my bumper.

Glad you are OK and that your G is the only thing needing fixing!

Dreams garnet fire/graphite leather 6MT 2003.5 premium/aero/winter

Old 08-03-2003, 11:17 AM
fnt

Sorry to hear about your accident, but glad to hear you walked away. From your description, it sounds like you panic stopped when you saw the stop sign and then skidded into the tree and rocks. In that case, you probably would have been better off if you hadn't seen the sign to begin with (assuming there wasn't anyone else at the intersection, that is.)

I agree with what others have said about having your car checked thoroughly. I once picked up my car from a body shop. It looked OK but didn't feel right. Turned out that they'd missed extensive frame damage.

Old 08-03-2003, 02:09 PM

Wow that really sucks. I saw the slideshow too. Damage wasn't to bad, but I'm guessing you'd rather not have any damage at all. Hope you get your car repaired soon. And uh, I'm not trying to be an a$$, but how do you feel about your cars crash worthiness?

Old 08-03-2003, 03:37 PM
Unimaginative, Indecisive User

limeg35, haha ok ok... i do have 2 shoulders, ya know. seriously though, your poor Gs have some ouchies. =(

<font color=purple>.g35girl.</font color=purple>

Old 08-03-2003, 06:08 PM
Cactus Hugging Admin

fnt, if I hadn't tried to stop, I'd be dead right now; I would have been wrapped around a utility pole or in a river. The intersection was a T, and I was coming up the base towards a road that was perpendicular to the one I was travelling on. I couldn't see that the road 'ended' because it was just over the crest of a hill and there was no signage, none whatsoever, indicating an upcoming intersection. The road to the right was paved if I made a 90 degree turn right, and gravel if I made a 90 degree turn left, and the gravel road had lossened its load onto the paved section, making it impossible to stop on... The place in which I stopped was the best of all possibilities, I believe. If I'd gone to the right of the utility pole, I'd have kept going (down a hill and into a river), and if I'd gone more to the left, I would've done a lot more damage.
I drew a quick (terrible) rendering of the situation... hope it makes it a little more clear.
As for the crasworthiness... do you mean how it held up or handled in the situation? I'll run with that for now til I understand [img]/w3timages/icons/smile.gif[/img] When I hit the brakes and it slid, the first thing I noticed was that it would still moderately steer, as the wheels weren't locking up, and that's the only reason I was able to maneuver the car right into the spot I wanted it (relatively-- I WANTED it back on the road). When we hit, we were going slow enough that the bumper absorbed most of the shock and kept us from lurching. The rest of the car is pretty much perfect, minus some scratches from the metal wires.Jjust the bumper and hood are messed up to any serious degree.
Finally, yes, I've asked them to check out the underbody. I noticed that the protective plastic that covers the oil reservoir, etc. came off, as did some other random plastic pieces of detritus. When he lifted the car up, we both looked underneath for a while and could see where damage WOULD have been if the plastic cover hadn't been there, but couldn't pinpoint any exterior damage. I asked the body shop to check it out as well, so I'll let you know.
Thanks for the concern, and I'll take you up on that shoulder, g35girl [img]/w3timages/icons/wink.gif[/img]
Here are the (horrid) artist's renderings...
G

2003.5 Black w/ Willow
Indianapolis, IN

Old 08-03-2003, 06:14 PM
Cactus Hugging Admin

This is what I saw as I crested the hill. The hill was actually on a curve, so when I was coming over it, I couldn't see there was a utility pole, etc. over the horizon-- just trees and a left turn. As soon as I was straight out of the turn, this is what I saw. The scale is off, but this is probably about 20ft from me to the pole. No stop sign and no "stop ahead" anywhere...

2003.5 Black w/ Willow
Indianapolis, IN

82231-scene.jpg

Old 08-03-2003, 06:19 PM
Cactus Hugging Admin

This is where I ended up. The wires on the left gave me some scratches above the window-line, and I *just* missed scratching up the entire right side of the car on the pole. There was another set of wires (the yellow/black wires from the pole) that are hidden by the pole, but facing the other way-- that's what stopped me, I wedged under them.
G

2003.5 Black w/ Willow
Indianapolis, IN

82233-scene2.jpg

Old 08-03-2003, 09:24 PM
fnt

GeoBau,

Your explanation and drawings make it much clearer... thanks for taking the time. And I hope that you don't think that I was criticizing your driving in any way. You made the best of a bad situation, and could have come out far worse than you did. I wonder if the local authorities have any liability given that there wasn't any indication of the upcoming intersection.

Anyway, glad that you're OK and best of luck getting your car back in proper form!

BTW, your phone-cam images are really quite good. OT, I read about a 15-year-old boy who escaped an attempted abduction the other day and took a picture of the car on his phone. The police used the pics to trace the car and get the would-be kidnapper.

Old 08-03-2003, 10:07 PM
Cactus Hugging Admin

Nno problemo-- glad it's a little more clear. I've used the phone cam many times for the better, ie. taking pictures of the accident I watched happen, then getting a pic of the man running away... they used it to identify the DUI hit-and-run offender. I'm a fan.
G

2003.5 Black w/ Willow
Indianapolis, IN

Old 08-04-2003, 05:36 PM

dude, your car looks pimp in your drawing!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.