G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

Another MREV experience. . .

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-03-2006, 07:42 PM
Super Moderator
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by transportchef
Will someone post some neg info on this piece. I am about to commit suicide from the agony I am experiencing from not having purchased this mod. Everyday is torture .

For a person like myself that goes to the dealership for oil changes and all services. Can they easily discover that part has been replaced? I don't want to get into a pissing match with dealership over services. I don't have space nor time to do oil changes and such. So it is easier for me to be a dumb monkey and return to dealership.

Any one with mrev in the same situation as I?
How is gas mileage?
Any sputtering issues?
Any annoyances at all?

Good luck to all that currently have this. I am so jealous. Seems like everyone is pleased with it....
I have had the MREV on my G for some 9 weeks, now. I have not encountered nor do I anticipate any problems.

I do not use the engine cover. I have been to the dealer twice since the MREV install . . . Once for an oil change and once for the replacement of my rear axle bolts. Nothing was mentioned nor noted on my service slip when I picked up my car.

The only negative comments, which I can offer with regard to the MREV are as follows:

1. The intake sound has increased.
2. My mpg has gone up a bit . . . I own oil stocks . . . Time to sell!
3. The mileage reading on the odometer has increased by a fair margin, since the install.
4. Getting a few more wrinkles from smiling ear to ear when driving the car.
5. My dog is extremely depressed, because I am always out driving my car.

Hmmm . . . Other than that, I have no other complaints.

Old 01-03-2006, 11:21 PM
05-G35 Sedan 5AT
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by andy2434
I have had the MREV on my G for some 9 weeks, now. I have not encountered nor do I anticipate any problems.

I do not use the engine cover. I have been to the dealer twice since the MREV install . . . Once for an oil change and once for the replacement of my rear axle bolts. Nothing was mentioned nor noted on my service slip when I picked up my car.

The only negative comments, which I can offer with regard to the MREV are as follows:

1. The intake sound has increased.
2. My mpg has gone up a bit . . . I own oil stocks . . . Time to sell!
3. The mileage reading on the odometer has increased by a fair margin, since the install.
4. Getting a few more wrinkles from smiling ear to ear when driving the car.
5. My dog is extremely depressed, because I am always out driving my car.

Hmmm . . . Other than that, I have no other complaints.

HAHAHAHAH.. after all those negative remarks I may even get one for my AT sedan.. even if it wont work.. Hey, then I might have some negative remarks..

Last edited by vegasG35sedan; 01-03-2006 at 11:25 PM.
Old 01-04-2006, 02:03 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hawt damn! I wish I had gotten a MT even more now...lol. I believe there's also something by MD of this sort for the AT models though correct? How're the impressions for that and is it worth getting?

Old 01-04-2006, 12:57 PM
Thanks Andy. Seems like I have mrev and lowering car to do for this summer. I just needed to hear that the dealership didn't get Columbo when vehicle was in. Mrev here I come.

Old 01-04-2006, 08:06 PM
Liukai/Andy, thanks for all the great info on this topic. I was never really into mods until I started reading this forum. Then the bug hit me. Some things are just essential for the G, such as the clearbra and the sway bars. And apparently now the MREV.

It looks like I just missed out on a sale for the MREV kit. Does anyone know if there's a possibility of a group buy for this? I'm sure there's plenty of 05 6MT owners that would jump all over this.

Old 01-04-2006, 08:08 PM
Super Moderator
Originally Posted by EicarG35
Hawt damn! I wish I had gotten a MT even more now...lol. I believe there's also something by MD of this sort for the AT models though correct? How're the impressions for that and is it worth getting?
Eicar,

You can opt for a Motordyne plenum spacer or get the Iso Thermal Plenum Spacer. Either way . . . Your G will be afforded an extra boost, as experienced by everyone else.

Old 01-04-2006, 08:10 PM
Super Moderator
Thanks Andy. Seems like I have mrev and lowering car to do for this summer. I just needed to hear that the dealership didn't get Columbo when vehicle was in. Mrev here I come.
You are quite welcome. As witnessed by all the others . . . You definitely will not regret it.

Old 01-04-2006, 08:19 PM
Obsessive Owner
Congrats on the new MREV! I love mine too, excellent product! Now you need to get a z-tube and k&N filter, so you can sound like me http://www.f-trans.net/pub/ludafifty...r%20audio.aiff haha. Install is cake, this is the first engine Ive ever worked on and I had no issues at all.

Edit: I havent experienced any dealership issues at all, but I have only been to the nissan dealership for service, not Infiniti.

Last edited by MikeStarrG35; 01-04-2006 at 08:21 PM.
Old 01-04-2006, 10:20 PM
Premier Member

1) Okay, Negaitive...your foot is on the floor all the time, so your gas mileage does go down some.

2) Neg. You have a smile built into your face now. You just can't get rid of it.

How about that

Will someone post some neg info on this piece. I am about to commit suicide from the agony I am experiencing from not having purchased this mod. Everyday is torture .

For a person like myself that goes to the dealership for oil changes and all services. Can they easily discover that part has been replaced? I don't want to get into a pissing match with dealership over services. I don't have space nor time to do oil changes and such. So it is easier for me to be a dumb monkey and return to dealership.

Any one with mrev in the same situation as I?
How is gas mileage?
Any sputtering issues?
Any annoyances at all?

Good luck to all that currently have this. I am so jealous. Seems like everyone is pleased with it....

Old 01-05-2006, 01:35 PM
I remember reading at one point that even after driving ur car for a while, you can place your hand on the upper plenum, and it'll still be relatively cool with the MREV. I tested this, and welp, definitely pretty hot. I'm not sure though, if my idea of "hot" is hot. Any ideas?

Old 01-05-2006, 02:12 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
Received 85 Likes on 53 Posts
Originally Posted by liukai
I remember reading at one point that even after driving ur car for a while, you can place your hand on the upper plenum, and it'll still be relatively cool with the MREV. I tested this, and welp, definitely pretty hot. I'm not sure though, if my idea of "hot" is hot. Any ideas?
The temperature will vary according to driving conditions, but in any case, the Iso Thermal always reduces the plenum temperature from what it would otherwise be.