G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

Lease End Inspection

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-18-2006, 11:14 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lease End Inspection

I am currently leasing a 2003 Silver Infiniti G35 and my lease is over in May (39 month lease). This is the first time I have ever leased a car (and most probably the last). I already received some literature in the mail about having my car inspected before the lease is over, so I called to make an appointment today and set the inspection up for March (2 months before the end of my lease) with SGS Automotive Services.

Has anyone here ever dealt with SGS Automotive Services? How strict are they?

Any recommendations on how I should prepare for this inspection?

Should I have my aftermarket alarm and tints removed before the inspection?

I have a few dents, should I get them fixed before the inspection, or just wait and see how much they plan on charging me first?

I haven't replaced any of the tires since I got the car, should I replace them before the inspection (I have about 33,000 miles)?

Any recommendations or suggestions would be great!

Thanks.

Old 01-18-2006, 11:57 AM
Modded Member
The general rule of thump is any dings/scratches liess than the size of a quarter are fine. My suggestion is to have the car detailed before going to the inspection, and ideally going towards night time, or on a rainy/foggy day. This way, there is a very good chance they will miss some of the imperfections.

Don't spend ANY extra money out of pocket. If they tell you to replace the tires after the inspection, buy the cheapest tires you can find (or somebody elses stock used tires).

Old 01-18-2006, 12:00 PM
Originally Posted by vodkarocket
The general rule of thump is any dings/scratches liess than the size of a quarter are fine. My suggestion is to have the car detailed before going to the inspection, and ideally going towards night time, or on a rainy/foggy day. This way, there is a very good chance they will miss some of the imperfections.

Don't spend ANY extra money out of pocket. If they tell you to replace the tires after the inspection, buy the cheapest tires you can find (or somebody elses stock used tires).
ditto

Old 01-18-2006, 12:30 PM
One more thing to consider is if you have a chip in the windshield, Nissan/Infiniti will charge you for a new windshield, as this happen to me when I handed over my Xterra last year, even though It was a tiny chip and I had it filled professionally.

However, a plus is, if you decide to lease another Nissan/Infiniti product, they will wave up tp $500 of lease end charges. This also happen to me and I ended up not having to pay for the windshield.

Old 01-18-2006, 01:26 PM
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
I dont understand how they can charge you for tires. thats a wear product.

Old 01-18-2006, 02:36 PM
Florida G35 Club Member
Luckily they will replace your windshield in the state of Florida for free. Also, you don't have to have full tread on your tires it should state somewhere how much is required and just get a gauge to measure your treadlife.
Lips

Old 01-18-2006, 07:52 PM
Those lease inspections are nothing but an opportunity to scare you into giving them more money.

Don't forget you can also buy out your leased G at anytime. You could sell it outright thru classifieds, etc, then payoff Infiniti. You can also trade it in for a completely different model car if you want....just have the buyer payoff Infiniti for you.

Old 01-18-2006, 09:35 PM
When u re-lease a new car after returning an old one, is it anyway possible to get the same prices on the new car?
my situation is i leased a 2005 sedan 7 months ago for 24 months with a very good price. around that time the new G's will be out and i would love to get another sedan but only if i can get prices close to what i am paying now? Is it possible to re-lease with the same prices?

Old 01-18-2006, 09:35 PM
When u re-lease a new car after returning an old one, is it anyway possible to get the same prices on the new car?
my situation is i leased a 2005 sedan 7 months ago for 24 months with a very good price. around that time the new G's will be out and i would love to get another sedan but only if i can get prices close to what i am paying now? Is it possible to re-lease with the same prices?

Old 01-19-2006, 04:51 PM
Originally Posted by araBONE
Yes, it is possible. Especially if Infiniti doesn't raise the MSRPs. Find your current lease rate and residual, then bargain for those same numbers on the new car.

Old 01-29-2009, 12:43 AM
Sorry to dig up this old thread, but this was the closest one i can find.
My 06 g is up for the end of the lease, and the pre inspection is tommorow.

I know some ppl say to have it detailed, but in my neighborhood thats $100+

My g is not in the greatest shape, there are a few dings here and there. (Its been parked on the street in ny for the last 3 yrs) Im way under the mileage tho and the interior is perfect.

My main worry is for the rims, as i have some rash on most of them.

I've heard some ppl say to have it inspected "filthy" so its hard for them to notice the few dings.

This wouldnt be an issue if i were re-leasing, but Im probably going to buy a used m or something.

Any advice would be helpful.

Old 01-29-2009, 01:50 PM
-MN G Crew-

Received 205 Likes on 157 Posts
Lol at first when i read this thread im like "wait, you leased a used car for 3 years?" then i saw the date.

I wouldnt even sweat dings on your car. On our 04 there were a few dings here and there, along with a fairly large one on the passenger door.

We did buy new tires, but thats just because the old ones were on the car for almost 4 years.

I wouldnt bother getting it detailed. I took ours some muddy roads right before the inspection and they didnt say anything.