G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

Rear Door Speakers

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-14-2006, 08:28 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by joes954rr
It's a HUGE difference. I wish you could hear my car. I kept the factory deck, put a David Navone converter on it, and now run a whole new series of Alpine Amps, Alpine 12" sub, and Infinity Kappa speakers. UNBELIEVEABLE SOUND.
What model David Navone converter are you using? I've been flip flopping on weather or not to keep the factory BOSE or go with an aftermarket HU. I'm really frustrated with the poor sound quality of the BOSE HU. Any more info on the DN converter would be greatly appreciated.

Old 03-23-2006, 01:52 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Pirate
What model David Navone converter are you using? I've been flip flopping on weather or not to keep the factory BOSE or go with an aftermarket HU. I'm really frustrated with the poor sound quality of the BOSE HU. Any more info on the DN converter would be greatly appreciated.
I actually just ordered the NE-7V that's currently on sale. I don't plan on running anything extra but a single mono-amp and one 10" sub, so the 2 channel output that unit offered was all I needed. I actually emailed Dave prior to deciding and asked for his recommendation, here's what he had to say:

"Hello Josh,
Well the NE-7V or N-7V or N-777 are all identical Full-Range LOCs that would work fine in your application -- provided your aftermarket power amplifier has a sub-woofer xover built in. If not, then the N-85 or N-85V would be a better choice.

Most aftermarket power amps have a Low-Pass setting, so I'd go for the NE-7V (it's on sale) if you don't require level setting from the front of the vehicle.. or the N-7V if you want the exact same circuity ---- but with a large **** to control the amount of bass from the dash of your G35..."

Hope that helps a bit...

-Josh