G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

Need New Brakes: Ceramic or Carbon Metalic?? Lifetime warranty claim??

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-20-2006, 03:27 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Need New Brakes: Ceramic or Carbon Metalic?? Lifetime warranty claim??

I have an 03 Sedan with 57k miles on it and my front breaks just started squealing. I plan on doing the work myself and have been trying to figure out what to replace them with. I was set on Hawks pads (and not doing the rotors) but then I called my local AutoZone to see what they carry and I was told they have
"Duralast Gold Ceramic front pads for $32 and they come with a lifetime warranty. Bring them in any time, as long as you have your car and get new ones." I am a bit warry because I haven't heard of anyone else doing this.
They also said they have "BFC Carbon Metallic pads for $54 and they come with a 2 year warranty."
Any reason I shouldn't choose one of these options? If I should which one is better and why?
I was also considering doing new pads with drilled/slotted rotors. Is it possible to do this for under $500 if I do the labor? What is the best setup in this price range (if it exists), and will it save any money in the long run?
Any input would be appreciated. My breaks are pretty loud and I want to get them switched ASAP.

Old 01-20-2006, 09:17 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
Received 24 Likes on 23 Posts
I have used auto zone pads on a few different cars in the past and will never do that again. They give you a life time warranty on those cheap *** pads for a reason, you will be back in there changing them out faster than purchasing some good name brand pads. I have been considering the SATISFIED BRAKE PADS, seen a couple reviews on here that they work good, last long and dont produce as much dust as the OEM pads you have on there now. I can't stand the brake dust my car is kicking out. Time for a low dust pad. They have those SATISFIED pads at tire rack. Believe they were $30 for oem replacement and $50 for ceramic pads. Think I might try them. As far as rotors, I would go with slotted if your are looking for something to dissipate heat better. Cross Drilled is not necessary and then can crack easier. You could also go with frozen rotors or power slot, either way you could do it for less than $500 if you do it yourself.

Last edited by Tunerz_Store; 01-20-2006 at 09:20 PM.