G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

Silver Streak Totaled

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-21-2006, 07:44 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Silver Streak Totaled

My wife and I were traveling from Florida to Minnesota for work and we had to go around Atlanta. We chose 285 on the west side and we were making our way at about 60 mph when a Jeep Grand Cherokee slamed into her from the rear . He had to be going at least 85 to 90. The car did not swerve at all and she was uninjured . I was driving ahead of here in my Durango pulling a trailer. When we got off to the side of the road I walked back to see if she was ok and check out the damage, I coulden't see anything until I got up to the drivers window. The impact stove in the rear end and blew out the back glass and the left side LED's for the tail lights were hangin mid air.

Old 01-21-2006, 09:20 PM
Originally Posted by Silver Streak
My wife and I were traveling from Florida to Minnesota for work and we had to go around Atlanta. We chose 285 on the west side and we were making our way at about 60 mph when a Jeep Grand Cherokee slamed into her from the rear . He had to be going at least 85 to 90. The car did not swerve at all and she was uninjured . I was driving ahead of here in my Durango pulling a trailer. When we got off to the side of the road I walked back to see if she was ok and check out the damage, I coulden't see anything until I got up to the drivers window. The impact stove in the rear end and blew out the back glass and the left side LED's for the tail lights were hangin mid air.
Sorry to hear that bud . . . . hope the wife is truly ok.
Driving around here is sorta like nascar without training most of the time

Old 01-21-2006, 11:55 PM
Originally Posted by kwansai
Yup... Couldn't have said it better. Sorry to hear about the accident. At least everyone is ok. The car is replaceable.

Old 01-22-2006, 03:58 AM
Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts
Sedan
Sorry to hear that. What was up with the other driver? Was he drunk or just an idiot?

Old 01-22-2006, 05:03 PM
The other driver was a young guy who had been asked by the owner of the other vehicle to take a woman and her baby home from church. He said that he only blinked and then the impact happened. Then the pwner of the Jeep said that he is diabetic so he could have fallen asleep or goten goofy from not eating properly. Anyway everyone is OK except the car. The original estimate was $7,500.00. I didn't hear anything from their insurance company for two weeks and then they called and said that they had decided to total it.

Old 01-22-2006, 08:50 PM
Nice!

Old 01-22-2006, 09:27 PM
Originally Posted by kwansai
Glad you are ok, unfortuantely that is a common accident here since everyone drives 20 over, and you gotta get out of the way fast, most ppl are scared when driving here if they never have before, and htey just lowered speed limits on 400 which i think wont do anything :-(

Old 01-23-2006, 08:26 PM
Talking

This is really a good news bad news thing. The bad news is that I need to figur out how to change my user name. The good news is that the reason for needing to change my user name is that instead of another silver sedan we replaced it with a Diamond Graphite Coupe. There is a silver (Maybe a Diamond Graphite) lining in this cloud.

Old 01-28-2006, 12:02 PM
Florida G35 Club, General Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Congrats, maybe I will see you around the area this spring when I am over at my Lake House in Floral City (Sunshine Lodge). The DG is a great color

Old 01-28-2006, 06:07 PM
O.F. Administrator
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Sorry to hear that Silver Streak...... Will you be able to continue the trip in a replacement vehicle?

G/L with repairs and I'm glad your wife was not injured.
C.

Old 01-29-2006, 10:03 AM
Talking Silver Streak has been Replaced by a Diamond G Coupe

We just picked up our new DG/Stone Coupe yesterday from Luther Infiniti in Bloomington, MN. They treated us very well and made the whole experience as pleasant as possible under the circumstances. The other owners insurance company called me on a Wed and told me that since they had made us a settelment offer that the rental car that they were providing was going to be cut off Friday.even though they wouldn't get us a check until Mon. or Tue. of the next week. Luther said "NO Poblem" and told us that if we wanted to buy a car from them that they would give us a loaner until the check came through. We picked out a leftover 05 coupe and we had to have a few things changed on it so we had the Slate Blue G35X for the week until our car was ready.

Old 01-29-2006, 10:12 AM
We just picked up our new DG/Stone Coupe yesterday from Luther Infiniti in Bloomington, MN. They treated us very well and made the whole experience as pleasant as possible under the circumstances. The other owners insurance company called me on a Wed and told me that since they had made us a settelment offer that the rental car that they were providing was going to be cut off Friday.even though they wouldn't get us a check until Mon. or Tue. of the next week. Luther said "NO Poblem" and told us that if we wanted to buy a car from them that they would give us a loaner until the check came through. We picked out a leftover 05 coupe and we had to have a few things changed on it so we had the Slate Blue G35X for the week until our car was ready.
congrats, at least you weren't stranded - stupid insurance companies esp when it wasn't your fault!