G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

My logo submissions (please check em out!)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-01-2006, 10:54 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Optional
My logo submissions (please check em out!)

Hey guys...I was submitting my logo ideers and I noticed that the thread was closed. I guess coming from the advertising world I thought that when something is due on a date that you have till 12 midnight on the day that is stated. And I didn't make them until today! So I'm hoping godzilla and dyenboy post my selections for you guys (please admins PLEASE!)

Or if you all create enough buzz about one of them that they won't have a choice but to add them to the mix! Take a look and enjoy!

Thanks crew!

Jamie

Last edited by kidtronix; 12-05-2018 at 04:24 PM.
Old 02-02-2006, 12:33 AM
Received 451 Likes on 305 Posts
Pic 3

All look good but I like this one the best.

Old 02-02-2006, 01:04 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dude,

Isn't that the same "Driver" from Car and Driver in examples 1 and 3? I like the stylized headlamp and grill in 1. I think it's stronger than the profile of 2 which is too "coupe centric". The "turning-in" car in 3 is strong but doesn't relate the car's style as well as the images in 1.

There's a problem with the type in 2. The "V" in driver is not working because visually, it is combining with the "I" to make the appearance of an "N".

I think V1 holds the most potential but it needs some work to shed the Car and Driver associations.

Cale

Old 02-02-2006, 10:19 AM
Optional
Most any bold or black sans serif font is going to look similar to the C&D identity (I knew that some enthusiast would make the association, however unintentional it might have been ), which is why I made versions that we're italicizedA trait the font family does not contain, so the likelihood of anything else looking like that are slim to none. The font is Impact if anyone was curious.

The font with the weird V is Imitari. I knew the font would be perfect but was unaware of the odd V, which needs to be redrawn for legibility.

But you have to admit for an hour of work these are pretty tightly comp'd! I do this for a living so I sincerely appreciate the constructive criticism!

Last edited by kidtronix; 02-02-2006 at 10:21 AM.
Old 02-02-2006, 10:25 AM
Received 2,116 Likes on 1,768 Posts
Imagine this: White backgound with the black layed over it. Now stick it over the third brake light on the back window of the sedan. The white shows up great in the day against a tinted window. At night it shows up red when you step on the brakes

Attached Thumbnails My logo submissions (please check em out!)-g35driver_logos-20copy.jpg  
Old 02-02-2006, 12:48 PM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Texasscout
Imagine this: White backgound with the black layed over it. Now stick it over the third brake light on the back window of the sedan. The white shows up great in the day against a tinted window. At night it shows up red when you step on the brakes
I'd have to say, this design is awesome! ..but it needs two things reworked/options:

1) Fix the damn "V".....when I first read it, it looks like Dinner or Diner...the V w/ the I look line an "N" !!!!

2) Come up with one for us sedan owners too!

I love the brake light/tint idea!

Old 02-02-2006, 05:27 PM
Optional
Yeah maybe a header design that will be Sedan-specific when in the sedan forum and vice versa...and one that incorporates lines from both the coupe and sedan for the homepage.

Did I not note that I will alter the 'V' if there is interest shown in it? I know I did, so ease up. Everyone else seems to understand that is a characteristic of the typeface.

Old 02-02-2006, 06:01 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by kidtronix
Yeah maybe a header design that will be Sedan-specific when in the sedan forum and vice versa...and one that incorporates lines from both the coupe and sedan for the homepage.

Did I not note that I will alter the 'V' if there is interest shown in it? I know I did, so ease up. Everyone else seems to understand that is a characteristic of the typeface.
yeah i like the idea of a sedan specific logo and a coupe logo. or mybe find someway to have the sedan and coupe together, not sure how that would look.

Old 02-02-2006, 08:43 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i like the V1 and the picture 3...... very nice job.........