G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

Help me out! What equipment packages do I have?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-13-2006, 02:26 AM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
I have seen at least a dozen G35s with non-sport wheels and an aero kit. I think Infiniti probably sold them like that. I don't think its been modded.

Old 02-13-2006, 10:03 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks to all who have replied with your feedback.

Perry05G35, thanks for the compliments. I only paid $18.5 K for the car with my trade of 99 Maxima with 176 K miles on it. G has 24 K miles on it so I am very happy with the purchase!

Nickk6, I believe the original owner purchased this car from the Infiniti dealer with the aero kit already installed. I am the second owner.

I have noted the comments on the clear side markers. I read all the posts on this issue I could find last night. If I am correct, the take away I got is the clear markers are legal as long as you keep the amber bulbs in them.

Last edited by mgmoreau; 02-13-2006 at 10:08 AM.
Old 02-13-2006, 10:12 AM
Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts
Sedan
Originally Posted by mgmoreau
If I am correct, the take away I got is the clear markers are legal as long as you keep the amber bulbs in them.
Not true in most states. The side markers must REFLECT amber, which means the lense must be amber. The advantage of amber bulbs in the clear corners is that they appear legal when lit.

What state are you in?

Old 02-13-2006, 11:28 AM
Originally Posted by skeleton_cru
Not true in most states. The side markers must REFLECT amber, which means the lense must be amber. The advantage of amber bulbs in the clear corners is that they appear legal when lit.

What state are you in?
I live in Rhode Island but work in Massachusetts.

Thanks.

Old 02-13-2006, 12:18 PM
no sport for you

sport = 17" 5 spoke wheels, platinum trim center console

Old 02-14-2006, 05:05 AM
Sedan
I live in Rhode Island but work in Massachusetts.

Thanks.
I'm not sure about your laws there concerning side markers. Check you local DMV website.

Old 02-14-2006, 11:31 AM
Thanks Cru,

I will look them up with my DMV. I already oredered a set from Chad from the Marketplace for $20.00 shipped. They are the JDM so great price I think.

Thanks again.

Old 02-14-2006, 12:47 PM
Give me a call I work at Inskip Infiniti 401-822-1510 x4589
I can find out for you...

Old 02-14-2006, 03:37 PM
Most police officers (and my apologies to the few I have come across on this forum) have IQs <100 and can't really tell that the sidemarkers on our cars have been changed from stock. The location of the marker makes it hard to notice unless you are a G driver. That's why I don't really worry about legality of side markers especially since they light up orange and that is the only time a cop is going to notice them because they are too busy eating donuts and pressuring women into sex.

Old 02-14-2006, 03:41 PM
Also, I promise you whether the first owner purchased their car with that aero kit or not, it DID NOT come from the manufacturer like that. Aero kits installed at the manufacturer do not have the red underspray that we can obviously see shining through on the aero kit on your vehicle. My aero parts were purcahsed after my vehicle and I have the same problem, also if you look under your bumpers and sides you will probably see red overspray from the original paint job that wrapped around the back of the part.

But nice ride, good deal way to go, nice to have you in the G family.

Old 02-14-2006, 04:37 PM
Big Sash,

Thanks for the feedback and the compliment. It was a natural progression to move up from my last two Maxima's. Love the VQ engine. It is fun to own a G and share the enthusiasm everyone on this site has for the G family.

I already ordered the clear side markers from Chad in the Marketplace. I will look closely at the aero kit in the daylight to see if the back side is red.

Old 02-14-2006, 05:41 PM
Sedan
Originally Posted by BigSash
Most police officers (and my apologies to the few I have come across on this forum) have IQs <100 and can't really tell that the sidemarkers on our cars have been changed from stock. The location of the marker makes it hard to notice unless you are a G driver. That's why I don't really worry about legality of side markers especially since they light up orange and that is the only time a cop is going to notice them because they are too busy eating donuts and pressuring women into sex.
Completely untrue and unnecessary comment. You're right about one thing, and that's that clear corners are not something law enforcement is very concerned about.

Old 02-15-2006, 11:06 AM
My horns hold up my halo
The car was built in Jan of 2003. The weird thing is that the original owner only registered the car in August of 2004. Local Infiniti dealer confirmed the warranty expires in Aug of 2008. This makes no sense to me unless the dealer used it as a demo or personal car. The car had 24K when I bought it. How can you tell it is a Nismo kit? Also, are the side skirts part of the kit?
Not weird. Our '04, IIRC, is barely an '04.5 but we didn't buy it until late March of '05. It only had about 25 miles on it when we bought it. The dealer just hadn't been able to sell it before the '05's came in and then they didn't find anyone who wanted an '04 instead of an '05.

Someone may have already answered this but you can tell by the fact that the underside of the car is the same color rather than the black and yes the side skirts come with the kit. I think that is why ours didn't sell as quickly when the dealer had it as it came with the Nismo kit and some people don't want anything "different" on their cars. LOL!

Old 02-15-2006, 11:09 AM
My horns hold up my halo
Originally Posted by skeleton_cru

What state are you in?
Query - what difference does it make as long as they are amber when lit?

We both have the clear corners but kept the amber bulbs in them. When they are on you can't tell they are any different than the original corners that came on the car.

Old 02-15-2006, 11:10 AM
My horns hold up my halo
Originally Posted by BigSash
Wow - I await your next thoroughly intelligent remarks.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Help me out! What equipment packages do I have?