G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

Only 2-months to NY, and no 2007 pics?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-14-2006, 05:53 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I wish they would make the sedan wider and lower. thats all!

Old 02-14-2006, 06:01 PM
Rollin On Dubz
^
Definitely wider!

Old 02-15-2006, 06:09 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yeah wider up to 71", lower to like 56.5". Length and wheelbase should stay close to the current G35 sedan.

Old 02-15-2006, 10:01 AM
Received 47 Likes on 32 Posts
trust me, the factory guys coem to my dealership all the time and they won't let any information out as far as price or design of the '07 sedan

Old 02-15-2006, 06:29 PM
Lip
Originally Posted by da mayor
trust me, the factory guys coem to my dealership all the time and they won't let any information out as far as price or design of the '07 sedan
And they are doing a great job- I've heard next to nothing-Infiniti marketing isn't even saying much yet.
Can't wait to see what they've come up with.

Old 02-15-2006, 06:45 PM
if the folks over at Infiniti were to accidentally leak ANY info about a new product AT ALL (especially regarding their best-selling vehicle) prior to a designated intro date, their competitors would immediately start developing a response to everything that they see, which would mean faster turnaround on an upgraded 3-series/C-class/A4, which would in turn date the new G faster and cost Infiniti millions.

so it makes sense that the mouths of Infiniti peeps are as tight as a frog's cooch.

Old 02-15-2006, 07:50 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by kubr1ck
if the folks over at Infiniti were to accidentally leak ANY info about a new product AT ALL (especially regarding their best-selling vehicle) prior to a designated intro date, their competitors would immediately start developing a response to everything that they see, which would mean faster turnaround on an upgraded 3-series/C-class/A4, which would in turn date the new G faster and cost Infiniti millions.

so it makes sense that the mouths of Infiniti peeps are as tight as a frog's cooch.
But then how do you justify them showing the 2008 coupe a year and a half earlier?

Old 02-16-2006, 10:10 AM
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
that was the "coupe concept"

Old 02-16-2006, 10:30 AM
Originally Posted by QuadCam
that was the "coupe concept"
Yes, I know it's the concept and that's pretty much how the 2008 coupe would look like. Maybe I should phrase it differently, why wasn't the sedan concept released a year and a half ago? There's no sedan concept, no pictures of it whatsoever. I think that's why this thread was started.

I guess I'll have to witness it in person in April.

Old 02-16-2006, 11:16 AM
Originally Posted by mikeee2
Yes, I know it's the concept and that's pretty much how the 2008 coupe would look like. Maybe I should phrase it differently, why wasn't the sedan concept released a year and a half ago? There's no sedan concept, no pictures of it whatsoever. I think that's why this thread was started.

I guess I'll have to witness it in person in April.

the coupe concept obviously will not look like that with the huge panoramic roof, heat sensored door handles, 20 inch wheels.... look at the pictures of the FX concept back in early 2001 before it came out.

i do know that the new G will have a few technological features and upgrades that are not in the new M and will put Infiniti back on top.

Old 02-16-2006, 11:37 AM
Originally Posted by da mayor
the coupe concept obviously will not look like that with the huge panoramic roof, heat sensored door handles, 20 inch wheels.... look at the pictures of the FX concept back in early 2001 before it came out.

i do know that the new G will have a few technological features and upgrades that are not in the new M and will put Infiniti back on top.
Yes I understand it will not look completely like the concept but it will be similar (at least the shape of the car). The M concept looks almost the same like the release. What I was trying to say is, why they release a concept for the 2008 coupe and not even ONE PICTURE of the 2007 sedan to be announced in April...

Old 02-16-2006, 11:50 AM

yes you are correct it was very similar...

the coupe concept will be somewhat near production specs but there are some of the obvious things that will not be available.

they won't release the sedan due to the huge market of competition so everyone is right about that if info was to be leaked out.

Old 02-16-2006, 12:04 PM
I believe it is a good move. Like the GTR, they know that keping it secret helps build the hype.

The Sedan obviously mimicks the coupes style, and judging by the direction of the 05 models, the concept should be even more similar.

With the positive introduction of lower volume coupe, infiniti now knows which direction the higher volume sedan should go.

Either way
- the new M was a marketing success
- the G coupe is a styling success
the exterior of the vehicle lures in buyers and initial test drives are outstanding. its perfect

whatever nissan did four years ago when they decided to overhaul the company, they did it with overwhelming success. Infiniti now has a supurb reputation. The G Line, I believe, is key to the company. A redesign must be introduced with the precision we know that only nissan is capible of.

..well i guess...

Old 02-16-2006, 12:41 PM
Well, I'm glad that I didn' rush to buy a G35 because...

I definitely want the second generation G35! OMG! Wow, saved up to 8K so far and I was going to buy a coupe at the end of the year, but I'm definitely waiting for this...

I Love This Photo....Look at the new style headlights....

Now, if it came in a six speed I'm all good!

Old 02-16-2006, 03:40 PM
it wouldnt come in 6MT this year, probably next year with the coupe...this year we can expect the ATs, may be a 6AT instead of the 5 we have right now..

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Only 2-months to NY, and no 2007 pics?