G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

A/C Air Cabin Filter Replacement

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-18-2006, 11:33 PM
It's Lonely At The Bottom
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down

Oh great! I tried to order the Purolator Cabin Filter from Checker Auto/Parts America and it's says it's not available!

Old 02-19-2006, 12:50 PM
Arrow

Well I just got off the phone with Parts America/Checker Auto Parts and they say they don't have any G35 Purolator cabin air filters available in their warehouse!
I told him that on the website it shows availability, but when it comes time to purchase it's not available anymore. He too encountered the same problem and thought that was weird. Maybe they do not ship to my zip code?

Well that's just great!

No Purolator cabin filter...any other website?

Old 02-19-2006, 04:34 PM
How do you change the cabin filter??

Old 02-19-2006, 04:38 PM
Originally Posted by hmoore123
How do you change the cabin filter??

Hey bud, use the search feature next time. Here is a direct link on how to change the air cabin filter.

http://www.g-owners.com/article_read.asp?id=29

Old 02-25-2006, 07:04 AM
Thumbs up

I received my order of Wix cabin air filters from Rock Auto. It looks good and solid, very fast shipping. 2 air filters for $46 including shipping isn't bad in my book.

Old 02-25-2006, 10:00 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I just looked on the Rock Auto site (here is a direct link, btw). Do you have any idea what a "Wix" brand is?!

Old 02-25-2006, 11:53 AM
Arrow

Originally Posted by Noremac
I just looked on the Rock Auto site (here is a direct link, btw). Do you have any idea what a "Wix" brand is?!
Go to there site http://www.wixfilters.com/ popular with Nascar...

I haven't changed the filter yet so I can't compare it with OEM. Though from pictures they look very similiar.

Old 02-25-2006, 01:07 PM
Wix filters have a good reputation.....but I really think some people make more of this than is necessary. This is a filter that sits in a VERY un-airtight enclosure, so it can only do so much to begin with. On top of that, if it's like other Nissans, the air is only passed through this filter when you have your AC on. So when you have fresh vent air or windows down, this filter does nothing.

I guess my point is I'd buy the cheapest replacement filter out there. This filter will not keep you from getting sick, etc.

Last edited by DP03; 02-25-2006 at 01:28 PM.
Old 02-25-2006, 03:08 PM
Rated M

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by DP03
Wix filters have a good reputation.....but I really think some people make more of this than is necessary. This is a filter that sits in a VERY un-airtight enclosure, so it can only do so much to begin with. On top of that, if it's like other Nissans, the air is only passed through this filter when you have your AC on. So when you have fresh vent air or windows down, this filter does nothing.

I guess my point is I'd buy the cheapest replacement filter out there. This filter will not keep you from getting sick, etc.

I ordered Gord's filter with charcoal and Hepa for finer air and odour filtration. It includes additional sticky foam pieces so the filter does fit the box properly and therefore does its job much better.
At least 95% of my driving is done with the windows up and air conditioning on since it is in the auto setting virtually all the time, so the added investment seemed worth it to me.

Old 02-25-2006, 09:30 PM
Arrow

I finally installed the Wix air cabin filter today in my 05 G35 Sedan. Taking it apart was easy, however in the DIY article it doesn't mention anything about the ON/OFF switch cable that is attached to the glove compartment. I was going to leave it plugged in, but I didn't want my glove compartment dangling with these thin wires possibly damaging both the glove compartment and the wires. So I highly suggest unplug the cable for the room and safety of your compartment.

The white plastic cap for the air filter box has plastic molding on the inside that protrudes so it can hold the air filter up against the ceiling. It may not be air tight, but looking at the dirty filter I pulled out I'd say it's doing something!

I would of purchased the Hepa charcoal version from Gordgee, but the following reasons pulled me away:

-Canadian shipping, therefore it will take quite a while. I needed to change the filter soon because it was long overdue! Vegas dust is not friendly to me...

-Price. Yes, I am sure they are very nice filters, but pricey! The Wix filters were nearly half the price, plus closer to my location.

-Doesn't accept Paypal/Credit Card for faster transaction.

Old 02-26-2006, 03:27 AM
Thumbs up

Success! Clean air filter = cleaner air! (no kidding right?)

Went driving with AC on and voila! The AC smells nicer, blows faster and has that new filter smell!

The old filter was black, dusty and had debris trapped in between.

Old 04-21-2006, 05:49 AM
Have a quick question ...

Just replaced my original microfilter with the Purolator model:

http://www.partsamerica.com/ProductD...ype=10&ptset=A

It looks and feels the same, and taking into consideration low price and simplicity of the procedure, I am planning to replace it more often (8-10K vs. 15K).

Slightly confused about direction of the airflow … is it UP or DOWN? There is an arrow on the side wall of the filter facing the white plastic door of the compartment. Right now the arrow points down. Is this the correct direction?

Thank you!

P.S. Sorry for bothering with this, perhaps silly question, but unfortunately I am hundreds of miles away from my Infiniti manuals, and this nuance is not covered in online (PDF) version.

Last edited by 100mph; 04-21-2006 at 05:59 AM.
Old 04-21-2006, 08:15 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Arrow DOWN is correct! The air flows from top to bottom.

Old 04-21-2006, 01:30 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I never use my ac because I tend to leave my jacket on and/or leave the windows down. Despite that, I purchased Gord's filter. Fresh air can come into the cabin even when AC is off (depends on how you set it). The new filter smells fresh and clean. I dont let any food into my vehicle, so a clean smell is a big bonus for me. Anyways, Gord's filter has twice as many pleats as the Nissan OEM filter.

To install you have to remove the glove compartment. It is really simple. all you have to do is remove four or five screws. Gord's filter comes with directions.

Old 04-23-2006, 01:31 AM
Thank you NOREMAC!
Now I can finally turn the AC on.

Neal376:

Yes, it is easy ... Can't even imagine paying $100 for this.