G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

rattle - rear left seat/area?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-24-2006 | 01:49 AM
|
rattle - rear left seat/area?

anybody have this same rattle? i'm not going to the dealer for another 1k miles but i thought i would just ask here. everytime i'm at a stop, and i start pulling off (05 6mt), the rear left seat/area starts rattling. even going 40mph, i go over a little bump or turn really fast, it rattles. it rattles even louder than my music and its usually at 15 where is this coming from? i tried moving my rear seat up and down but it still does it....i'm lost. can it be like the "structure" on my rear left roof? cause they had to change out the whole brace for my sunroof at 5k cause it fvcked up. any ideas would help. thanks.

Old 02-24-2006 | 02:26 AM
Yep I get rattles from there also, but it only happens once in awhile

Old 02-24-2006 | 02:46 AM
I think I have the same rattle... mine is coming from the lower chrome trim piece on the outside of the left rear window. It's like a creaking/squeaking noise.

Are we talking about the same thing?

Old 02-24-2006 | 02:47 AM
Angry same here

recently i've been hearing the same rattle, i feel like its right behind me or next me...i kinda hear it in the passenger side as well....its killing me i feel like im at the dealership every day?!?!?!?

Old 02-24-2006 | 08:11 AM
I'm the victim of 2 separate rattles/creaking noises....one I fixed on my own from a TSB; the other is still yet to be fixed (going in next week or so to get fixed). The one I fixed was a creaking noise (sounds like metal on metal)....VERY annoying...it first would only occur when turning @ low speeds w/ an uneven road (due to the car flexing slightly torsionally). It turned out the cross member bracing behind the rear seats was loose! (I mean very loose...took me probably 4-6 full turns to tighten all the bolts snug). The second one (not fixed yet) is common & talked about on this forum...the left passenger door window seal (where the window sits into the rubber seal).

Is it either of those? I've also heard of people having noises coming from the B-pillar.

Old 02-24-2006 | 10:51 AM
Banned
Originally Posted by g356spd06
anybody have this same rattle? i'm not going to the dealer for another 1k miles but i thought i would just ask here. everytime i'm at a stop, and i start pulling off (05 6mt), the rear left seat/area starts rattling. even going 40mph, i go over a little bump or turn really fast, it rattles. it rattles even louder than my music and its usually at 15 where is this coming from? i tried moving my rear seat up and down but it still does it....i'm lost. can it be like the "structure" on my rear left roof? cause they had to change out the whole brace for my sunroof at 5k cause it fvcked up. any ideas would help. thanks.
Hope you have the patients for a lot more - for they are coming. The amount of rattles/snaps/squeaks/creaks in this car is unbelieveable for this type of car.

Last edited by RLampke; 02-24-2006 at 10:56 AM.
Old 02-24-2006 | 12:01 PM
Originally Posted by RLampke
Hope you have the patients for a lot more - for they are coming. The amount of rattles/snaps/squeaks/creaks in this car is unbelieveable for this type of car.
When you find a car that has no rattles, save it forever, because it will be an extremely rare car. The rattles we get in the G for the most part are very minor, a real rattle is something that is constant, not the occaiional plastic rattle. I think you should sell your G35. Patience my a$$!

Old 02-24-2006 | 12:44 PM
Originally Posted by ABQ_G35
When you find a car that has no rattles, save it forever, because it will be an extremely rare car. The rattles we get in the G for the most part are very minor, a real rattle is something that is constant, not the occaiional plastic rattle. I think you should sell your G35. Patience my a$$!
No rattles = Toyota IMO...I'm not trying to plug them or anything or saying you're wrong, and by no means would trade in my G for one, but based on my experience with cars, Toyota's have always been 1) rattle free, 2) extremely quiet engine and 3) sucks up the bumps good on roads.....

Old 02-24-2006 | 01:36 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by jimmyc13
No rattles = Toyota IMO...I'm not trying to plug them or anything or saying you're wrong, and by no means would trade in my G for one, but based on my experience with cars, Toyota's have always been 1) rattle free, 2) extremely quiet engine and 3) sucks up the bumps good on roads.....
Agreed - everyone knows that all cars rattle, but for the class that this car is in, it's disappointing. Yes my Toyota/Lexus has some, but they are only present on rough roads where this is to be expected; on smooth roads or irregular roads/bumps the car is silent. No creaking of the windows, no snapping/crunching of the vents, no buzzing of the center console, ect, ect, ect - even at 34K mi. The interior of the G35 is just plain cheep. Even taking the issue of the interior out of the equation - I've never had an interior door handle pull away on any other car that I've owned, foreign or domestic; or seem so may discolorations in the plastic parts, or had brakes that squeak constantly, or a transmission that vibrates from up shifts from 1st to 2nd, or is as incredibly thirsty as this engine is. I've said this before, every single publication has stated the interior of this vehicle is cheep - every single one. So it's not just me, and there are a lot of others here who agree.

In fact, I just had a conversation w/the Infiniti rep this week about my car, and every single concern that I've complained about here he has acknowledged - it's all there.

Don't get me wrong, I'm glad others here are not experiencing my issues - I wish I was one of them. But the fact remains that to me, purchasing this car was a mistake, and my $$$ will be well spent elswhere. But I'm also not alone here either.

Old 02-24-2006 | 05:42 PM
Originally Posted by RLampke
Agreed - everyone knows that all cars rattle, but for the class that this car is in, it's disappointing. Yes my Toyota/Lexus has some, but they are only present on rough roads where this is to be expected; on smooth roads or irregular roads/bumps the car is silent. No creaking of the windows, no snapping/crunching of the vents, no buzzing of the center console, ect, ect, ect - even at 34K mi. The interior of the G35 is just plain cheep. Even taking the issue of the interior out of the equation - I've never had an interior door handle pull away on any other car that I've owned, foreign or domestic; or seem so may discolorations in the plastic parts, or had brakes that squeak constantly, or a transmission that vibrates from up shifts from 1st to 2nd, or is as incredibly thirsty as this engine is. I've said this before, every single publication has stated the interior of this vehicle is cheep - every single one. So it's not just me, and there are a lot of others here who agree.

In fact, I just had a conversation w/the Infiniti rep this week about my car, and every single concern that I've complained about here he has acknowledged - it's all there.

Don't get me wrong, I'm glad others here are not experiencing my issues - I wish I was one of them. But the fact remains that to me, purchasing this car was a mistake, and my $$$ will be well spent elswhere. But I'm also not alone here either.
I agree w/ you...as I've had many myself. I know a former G35driver.com member who got rid of his G because he couldn't handle all the rattles...so he got an A4 instead.