G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

Will never do business with Charlotte Infiniti again!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-03-2006, 10:31 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Will never do business with Charlotte Infiniti again!

Well, I posted in November that my clutch slipped a few times. Now it's worse, to the point it needs to be replaced. I brought it to the dealer back in November. They test drove it for 3 miles and gave it back to me stating nothing was wrong. I just brought it back to them. They are now telling me it's my problem and I will have to pay for the replacment. The car has 3,800 miles on it. The service tech even started giving me sh** because they wanted the loaner car back the next morning. This has been probably the worst customer service on any car I have ever owned.

I know this falls under a "wear" item. Is there anything showing this particular item will be covered within a specified amount of time or mileage?

Will lemon law apply? Don't know because I have mods. None that directly affect the clutch.

The car had 120 miles on it when I purchased it 11/05. I think it was beat on from numerous test drives because it was the only 6 speed on the lot for 6 months before I purchased it.

Thanks.

Old 03-03-2006, 12:21 PM
i hear you man, some dealers are like that right after they get you out of the showroom, it's so fraustrating, but to be honest w/ you, there's not much you can do, since you have mods on your car, they'll think of any possible way to link the clutch to your mods.

i had problems w/ my service department many times, i ended up calling inifiniti north america, but all they did was gave me a extension on my loaner car, and the problem wasn't even mechanical, it was a interior trim...after 5 trips later, it's still not fixed.

my advise to you is find another dealer, tell them what happened, make them think that you'll go back there for future work, you never know, some dealer are a lot nicer than others. if not, find a tuner shop and upgrade your clutch, flywheel, the whole nine...and it would still come out cheaper than the dealer...

good luck,
benjamin

Old 03-04-2006, 01:44 AM
I had a rough experience getting some TSB checked out after buying my car used, they were very rude, I am seriously considering bringing my car somewhere in SC instead. I guess its not just me that thinks their service stinks.

Old 03-04-2006, 10:01 AM
Misanthropic nut-cracker
Originally Posted by Mario77746
Well, I posted in November that my clutch slipped a few times. Now it's worse, to the point it needs to be replaced. I brought it to the dealer back in November. They test drove it for 3 miles and gave it back to me stating nothing was wrong. I just brought it back to them. They are now telling me it's my problem and I will have to pay for the replacment. The car has 3,800 miles on it. The service tech even started giving me sh** because they wanted the loaner car back the next morning. This has been probably the worst customer service on any car I have ever owned.

I know this falls under a "wear" item. Is there anything showing this particular item will be covered within a specified amount of time or mileage?

Will lemon law apply? Don't know because I have mods. None that directly affect the clutch.

The car had 120 miles on it when I purchased it 11/05. I think it was beat on from numerous test drives because it was the only 6 speed on the lot for 6 months before I purchased it.

Thanks.
Sorry ta hear 'bout your problems, but do ya think that it has anything ta do with the "launch method" you're using at the track, or did the slipping start before you started doing 1/4 mile times? I'm just curious what "beating" you think they could've done in that 120 miles that was tougher on the car than what you're doing currently.....? I'm no dealer fan, but after just reading about the great times ya got at the track (13.99) and then reading about your clutch problems.....well, ya got me scratch'n my head and laugh'n a little.
Patient..."Doctor, my arm hurts when I move it like this!...."
Doctor..."Well then, don't move it like that!...." jbx

Old 03-04-2006, 10:32 AM
I started to have clutch problems with 1,500 miles on the car, 1 month after I purchased it. As I stated above, I brought it to the dealer. They did nothing. The explanation for the smell was due to the fact that I changed the air intake tube. That was creating an odor in the cabin There was nothing wrong with the clutch. I called the service guy on it. They did nothing. There are several people on this board that have experienced the same problems I have. Every stock clutch should take 300-500 miles of non-aggressive driving to break it in. If you take the car out and rev in the high rpm's or slip it even the slightest prior to break in, hot spots are created. This will eventually lead to continuous slipping and glazing of the clutch.

I have only run the 1/4-mile that one day at the track 3 times. My 60 ft times were less than impressive meaning my "launch method" was not aggressive. To me, 2.0 and under on street tires is something to talk about. What does that have to do with it anyways? Does driving it on a track differ from driving it on the street? I completed the break in properly and know how to drive the car. A good time with proper driving does not result in a faulty clutch. I have owned 20+ cars and have never had this problem with low mileage cars.

My biggest problem is the F*** You attitude I received. Giving me shi* about keeping the loaner car for 1 extra day and threatening to charge me daily? That's just BS. I could see if the car even had 10k+ miles on it. Maybe driving would have something to do with it. Instead, I have to do the work on a 4-month-old car with 3,800 miles on it? That's BS customer service on the dealers part to save maybe $400 it would cost them for parts and labor. I though the package deals for buying an Infiniti would include better customer service. I was wrong.

Old 03-04-2006, 10:48 AM
Misanthropic nut-cracker
I hear ya and've heard the same, previously, as well....(I was doing used cars at an Infiniti dealer) We always looked at each case individually when the clutch was disassembled (with the owner present!) and it was usually easy to tell if it was abuse or not. Infiniti's clutch assembly has always been the weak link in the chain and is the main reason that I bought the "X" (besides Jersey winters). I just found it funny when I read your posts in the order I did and how it sounded.....I couldn't resist ....jbx
PS ....13.99 was nice!

Last edited by JustBrilliantX; 03-04-2006 at 11:52 AM.
Old 03-04-2006, 03:35 PM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Thanks.
Wow, I hope you got a good discount for buying a nearly used G

Trending Topics

Old 03-23-2006, 09:09 AM
Well, Lake Norman Infiniti has resolved my problem. They took my car on Tuesday and did the clutch for me under the warranty. Dennis, the service manager was extremely empathetic to my situation and worked with me to resolve the situation. I will have no problem driving the extra 30 miles to Lake Norman Infiniti to get all work done in the future.

This is proof all dealerships are not considered equal.

Last edited by Mario77746; 03-23-2006 at 02:00 PM.
Old 03-23-2006, 01:42 PM
I agree, Infiniti of Charlotte blows major ***. I bought my car from them and it was a horrible experience. Lake Norman does all of my service work now. Dennis is top notch.

Old 03-23-2006, 01:45 PM
Premier Member

Thanks.
Wear items are covered for 12k or 1 year as well. It's in the warranty booklet I believe.

Old 03-23-2006, 07:56 PM
Glad you got your issue resolved. Unfortunate that it required another dealership to do what the charlotte dealership should have done. Nevertheless mission accomplished. How is the new clutch? Does new clutch still have that sometimes funky 1-2 shift?