Rate Thread

Old 03-16-2006, 12:02 AM
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Q50 Red Sport 400 RWD
Originally Posted by Chico
No it is not perfect. The only reason why you would not rub is because:

1. the 275/30/19 is 0.50" shorter than OEM spec
2. 1"+ drop will camber in the tire
3. even with a 1" drop you will have approx. 1.25" gap between the top of the tire and the bottom of the fender lip.

If you were to have exact OEM camber specs with a 1" drop and people in the rear seat, you will rub without a question.

If you want to have OEM camber specs in the rear, lower the car 1" or more, load the car up in the back, and put a 19x9.5" w/ 275/30/19 you will need +45.

This is not an opinion, it's a fact!
We agree to disagree. How the helll do you know it will rub with adults in the back anyway. What are you basing your fact on?
You know there are several guys on this forum with this set up and have no m.fuuukin issues at all and that is fact. Plus the Dunlop Direzza tire is rounded where the sidewall meets the tread giving a bit more room as well.

the only rear passengers are under 30lbs in my G anyway. When it comes time to sell in a few years--pop the stock wheels back on, sell the car, then sell the rims and its done.
buy new car.

Last edited by Texan1; 03-16-2006 at 12:06 AM.
Old 03-16-2006, 12:24 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Texan1
We agree to disagree. How the helll do you know it will rub with adults in the back anyway. What are you basing your fact on?
You know there are several guys on this forum with this set up and have no m.fuuukin issues at all and that is fact.

the only rear passengers are under 30lbs in my G anyway. When it comes time to sell in a few years--pop the stock wheels back on, sell the car, then sell the rims and its done.
buy new car.
I base my information on measurements and personal experience with different set ups and not someone else's opinion. I think I have been very clear on the reasons why they will fit and why it is not the optimum set up. Anybody with basic math skills, logic and how the car's suspension is co-related to wheel / tire fitment, will understand the reasoning I stated previously.

You have a problem accepting it and I don't really care. All I want is for others that are seeking advise, do get the correct info.

What's with the hostility anyway? Take a deep breath and go buy your wheels.

Old 03-16-2006, 12:52 AM
Q50 Red Sport 400 RWD
I base my information on measurements and personal experience with different set ups and not someone else's opinion. I think I have been very clear on the reasons why they will fit and why it is not the optimum set up. Anybody with basic math skills, logic and how the car's suspension is co-related to wheel / tire fitment, will understand the reasoning I stated previously.

You have a problem accepting it and I don't really care. All I want is for others that are seeking advise, do get the correct info.

I have spent countless hours excitingly going over wheel and fitment threads on this site, do I want mesh? Do I want 5 spoke, six spoke, silver, black, lip, no lip, wide tires, not so wide tires, time spent on wheel manufacture webpages, wheel distributor phonecalls for fitment, pming people to death on this crap, staying up late doing this research and I am really frustrated. I find a wheel I want--then the offsets are only +35 for rear(stern st1)--annoying cru with questions and having people ask me--have you modded anything on your car yet--nope. I find a wheel that I like-- this hot new axis wheel with a 4"lip and axis and the distributor in california, a local wheel shop in TX sign off on fitment including a couple on this site with this set up and now I have doubts as to whether this will work. I CAN afford to spend more money on volks or whatever that would give me more options--I choose not to because I don't want that much money on my 4 corners--with the wife, service rep and the like driving and possibly munching a curb. I can handle that on a $400 rim--NOT on an $800 rim. SO--thinking about throwing in the towel and keeping my weak azz (bmw 330Isport envious) 17" sport wheels on my biiitch and calling it a day.

Think--I will just get the full nismo kit and say fawk it to the wheels.

Last edited by Texan1; 03-16-2006 at 01:03 AM.
Old 03-16-2006, 08:27 AM
Premier Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Chico he is being a bit defensive because you are making it look like a fact when it isn't. Forget the #s! Several have 275x30x19s in the rear with 19x9.5 and 38mm offset! Even some with 35mm offset. I run 38mm offset and my tires are not rounded like the Dunlops. I did rub with stock height when I would flex the suspension in the rear a lot. It was only a slight rub and once I bent the inner lips up just a hair, not that far at all it cleared. 40 will clear without a problem no doubt about that. No numbers, just experience period. 38 would clear wth those dunlops.

Old 03-16-2006, 08:29 AM
Premier Member

Sell you mine for a good price since your local kinda. 38 offset but these tires are not round so it will require you to bend the inner lip up in your wheel well only slightly.

I have spent countless hours excitingly going over wheel and fitment threads on this site, do I want mesh? Do I want 5 spoke, six spoke, silver, black, lip, no lip, wide tires, not so wide tires, time spent on wheel manufacture webpages, wheel distributor phonecalls for fitment, pming people to death on this crap, staying up late doing this research and I am really frustrated. I find a wheel I want--then the offsets are only +35 for rear(stern st1)--annoying cru with questions and having people ask me--have you modded anything on your car yet--nope. I find a wheel that I like-- this hot new axis wheel with a 4"lip and axis and the distributor in california, a local wheel shop in TX sign off on fitment including a couple on this site with this set up and now I have doubts as to whether this will work. I CAN afford to spend more money on volks or whatever that would give me more options--I choose not to because I don't want that much money on my 4 corners--with the wife, service rep and the like driving and possibly munching a curb. I can handle that on a $400 rim--NOT on an $800 rim. SO--thinking about throwing in the towel and keeping my weak azz (bmw 330Isport envious) 17" sport wheels on my biiitch and calling it a day.

Think--I will just get the full nismo kit and say fawk it to the wheels.

Old 03-16-2006, 09:44 AM
Originally Posted by G35_TX
Chico he is being a bit defensive because you are making it look like a fact when it isn't. Forget the #s! Several have 275x30x19s in the rear with 19x9.5 and 38mm offset! Even some with 35mm offset. I run 38mm offset and my tires are not rounded like the Dunlops. I did rub with stock height when I would flex the suspension in the rear a lot. It was only a slight rub and once I bent the inner lips up just a hair, not that far at all it cleared. 40 will clear without a problem no doubt about that. No numbers, just experience period. 38 would clear wth those dunlops.
I hear you bro. As I mentioned before, he can make them fit with a little bit of work. But my point was that the optimum fitment for the sedan is to use a +45 on a 9.5" wheel. But I can understand his frustration with so much conflicting information.

Old 03-16-2006, 09:45 AM
Sell you mine for a good price since your local kinda. 38 offset but these tires are not round so it will require you to bend the inner lip up in your wheel well only slightly.

Bump for a nice set of wheels.

Old 03-16-2006, 10:37 PM
Q50 Red Sport 400 RWD

Thanks. But I am looking to just bolt on and drive.

Old 03-16-2006, 11:38 PM
Q50 Red Sport 400 RWD
I have determined that the matrix wheel is not the one. Too busy looking. Also, the fake rivets and xtra notches by lugs and the step down on the spokes will be too hard to clean on the front wheels--which get too dusty on the 03.5.
Plus, a 4" lip may be too much for a fender that lacks the sculpted width of the coupe to handle that. The black mesh sedan pic help me decide that a four inch lip is too much(even though that wheel may be less than 4", not sure). Looks good on side shot and 3/4 shot. But when viewed from rear it shows too much lip and no wheel.

Less lip on a 5 spoke rim may fit the bill-and 5 spoke will be easier to clean.

Anyone know which wheels these are (5 spoke on blue sedan)and the size?

Attached Thumbnails Will these rims fit?-dsc014035hr.jpg   Will these rims fit?-gtr2.jpg   Will these rims fit?-gtr1.jpg   Will these rims fit?-gtr8.jpg   Will these rims fit?-g35wheels4.jpg  

Last edited by Texan1; 03-16-2006 at 11:47 PM.
Old 03-16-2006, 11:50 PM
Modded Member
I have determined that the matrix wheel is not the one. Too busy looking. Also, the fake rivets and xtra notches by lugs and the step down on the spokes will be too hard to clean on the front wheels--which get too dusty on the 03.5.
Plus, a 4" lip may be too much for a fender that lacks the sculpted width of the coupe to handle that. The black mesh sedan pic help me decide that a four inch lip is too much(even though that wheel may be less than 4", not sure). Looks good on side shot and 3/4 shot. But when viewed from rear it shows too much lip and no wheel.

Less lip on a 5 spoke rim may fit the bill-and 5 spoke will be easier to clean.

Anyone know which wheels these are (5 spoke on blue sedan)and the size?
The wheels on the blue sedan are Lexion Type 203's. Lexion is a "luxury" subsidiary of Rays- the people that bring you Volk's and the OEM coupe 19's.

Old 03-16-2006, 11:56 PM
Q50 Red Sport 400 RWD
Originally Posted by vodkarocket
The wheels on the blue sedan are Lexion Type 203's. Lexion is a "luxury" subsidiary of Rays- the people that bring you Volk's and the OEM coupe 19's.

I may have to go axis milano--those lexion's may be too expensive.

What are the specs on your wheels and tires? thanks

Attached Thumbnails Will these rims fit?-img_0941.jpg   Will these rims fit?-milano_20.jpg   Will these rims fit?-chico.jpg   Will these rims fit?-chicos2028129.jpg  

Last edited by Texan1; 03-17-2006 at 01:01 AM.
Old 03-17-2006, 09:43 AM
I may have to go axis milano--those lexion's may be too expensive.

What are the specs on your wheels and tires? thanks
Those are 20x8.5 +35 w/ 245/35/20 all around. I just sold them but not picked up yet by the new owner. You can't go wrong with those wheels. Go for it!

Old 03-17-2006, 02:16 PM
Q50 Red Sport 400 RWD
damnn--what if the 19"s look too small. Thought those were 19s.
what are you doing for wheels now?

Old 03-17-2006, 04:50 PM
damnn--what if the 19"s look too small. Thought those were 19s.
what are you doing for wheels now?
I got my new wheels this week from Japan. They're Riverside Trafficstar RTS, staggered 20x9.5 +45 and 20x8.5 +32. I should have the pics in a week or two, as soon as it gets a bit warmer here.

Old 03-18-2006, 04:18 PM
Modded Member
I got my new wheels this week from Japan. They're Riverside Trafficstar RTS, staggered 20x9.5 +45 and 20x8.5 +32. I should have the pics in a week or two, as soon as it gets a bit warmer here.
What's the difference of the Trafficstar vs. Maya's? Aren't the wheels the same- is it availability of offsets?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Will these rims fit?