G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

Got give the Sedan it's due credit... AWESOME!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-07-2006, 01:23 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If I was going to spend $35K or so on a coupe, I'd probably get a used loaded 03-04 Vette. (I'll rounding up on the price since most of us can swing $37K-$39K if needed based upon all the stuff we add on to our cars)
I carpool with my best friend who had an 03 G35 coupe and traded it in for an 04 Vette. I've driven the Vette on several 100 mile trips and it is an entirely different class for the price of an 06 G35 coupe. I drove his G35 coupe and it had a staggered BBS forged wheel set up with Stillen CAI and exhaust. It was a blast, don't get me wrong, but let's face it. Cubic inches, the sex appeal and even more aftermarket parts. I'll take the used Vette with better mpg any day over the G coupe. My .02 for the coupe crowd! (Here comes the pay back) I must agree the G coupe looks a bit better than my G sedan.

I'm on my second G35 sedan (03.5/05) and love it. A plus on the G35 sedan and coupe- our interiors are much more refined like our German counterparts (Audi-VW/BMW/MB). GM interiors are basically boring plastic trash. The only U.S. GM cars (not trucks) I would consider are a Vette or CTS-V. If I have the cash to get a XLR or STS-V; I'm buying an E55 AMG, Z06 or M5!

Old 04-07-2006, 08:00 AM
The biggest difference between the models is the body style, otherwise they are 99% interchangeable.

Old 04-07-2006, 11:17 AM
Received 72 Likes on 51 Posts
Originally Posted by dofu
No... they need to offer AWD with 6MT period... can't even get an AWD sedan without auto...
Infiniti/Nissan can't seem to source a reliable 6MT to handle RWD, so how in the world will that POS 6MT be able to handle a full traction 4500-5000rpm launch that most AWD 6MT owners will try at least a few times a high rpm launch with AWD put one of a strain on the gears and clutch. I don't think the current 6MT can handle it. I don't know what came of the manual that was used the GTR. That thing seemed to handle plenty of power and brutal launches.

Old 04-07-2006, 11:50 AM
Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts
Sedan
Originally Posted by Hutch
Sorry guys. I had a loaner sedan & just wasnt feeling it. I couldnt wait to get back in the coupe.
As far as sedans go, the C320 is a much better ride. for about the same $

(Putting on the flame suit now)
Oh you mean the Cheap Series, right? That's what the "C" stands for you know.

Old 04-07-2006, 11:56 AM
Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
^Word!

Old 04-07-2006, 12:05 PM
Sedan has the alarm - I found out for sure the other morning while pumping up a low tire. I have no idea why it went off and took a minute to figure out it was actually me.

Old 04-07-2006, 12:42 PM
Walking The Fine Line...

Received 128 Likes on 79 Posts
C320:

Over $40K (the one I looked at over a year ago was nearly $42K with little hope of moving the sticker more than $1K lower...)

Fewer standard options.
Slower.
Doesn't handle as well (my opinion).
Recognized as entry level Mercedes, but also confused with lesser C Class.

G35:

Nearly $10K cheaper
Faster.
Not sitting on every street corner (at leat in the areas I've lived in since owning)
Never confused with anything else (unlike the C class, which are as common as ants)
Bigger
Longer wheelbase
More reliable
Worse mileage
Not recognized as a sports luxury car by the uninformed (but I don't care)

G is the better car for me.

Old 04-07-2006, 01:35 PM
I had a sedan loaner the other day and noticed that the stereo was way better sounding than my coupe. I liked the sedan.

Old 04-07-2006, 02:07 PM
Received 240 Likes on 196 Posts
Originally Posted by DaveB
Infiniti/Nissan can't seem to source a reliable 6MT to handle RWD, so how in the world will that POS 6MT be able to handle a full traction 4500-5000rpm launch that most AWD 6MT owners will try at least a few times a high rpm launch with AWD put one of a strain on the gears and clutch. I don't think the current 6MT can handle it. I don't know what came of the manual that was used the GTR. That thing seemed to handle plenty of power and brutal launches.
Not true, and you just answered why... and plus, Nissan AWD trannies can't be as bad as Mitsubishis...

Originally Posted by hwy_star
I had a sedan loaner the other day and noticed that the stereo was way better sounding than my coupe. I liked the sedan.
I think you're just trippin... the speakers in your coupe are prob just getting worn really good... I have plenty of complaints about the stereo in my sedan...

Old 04-07-2006, 02:42 PM
Originally Posted by gmoney1227
Today I had to take my G35 '06 Coupe for warranty service, and therefore, I had a loaner car for the day.

While I'm extremely happy with my Coupe, I have to say that the Sedan I drove (I think it was an '05) had an incredible feel to it. It's definitely more roomy, but I gotta say that I didn't expect it to accelerate and feel the way it did. It was a BLAST to drive around with the manu-matic mode. - Just wanted to share that with you Sedan owners.
I had warranty work on mine Monday, and almost bought a Sedan. I feel the same way, I love the look of the coupe and the interior room of the sedan. I also think the sedan feels lighter on its feet. The only thing I didn't like was the skinny tires, they are just too easy to break loose. I am going to get a sedan I just don't know if it will be an M or the new G. I am patiently waiting.

Old 04-07-2006, 02:51 PM
Originally Posted by DaddysG35
If I was going to spend $35K or so on a coupe, I'd probably get a used loaded 03-04 Vette. (I'll rounding up on the price since most of us can swing $37K-$39K if needed based upon all the stuff we add on to our cars)
I carpool with my best friend who had an 03 G35 coupe and traded it in for an 04 Vette. I've driven the Vette on several 100 mile trips and it is an entirely different class for the price of an 06 G35 coupe. I drove his G35 coupe and it had a staggered BBS forged wheel set up with Stillen CAI and exhaust. It was a blast, don't get me wrong, but let's face it. Cubic inches, the sex appeal and even more aftermarket parts. I'll take the used Vette with better mpg any day over the G coupe. My .02 for the coupe crowd! (Here comes the pay back) I must agree the G coupe looks a bit better than my G sedan.

I'm on my second G35 sedan (03.5/05) and love it. A plus on the G35 sedan and coupe- our interiors are much more refined like our German counterparts (Audi-VW/BMW/MB). GM interiors are basically boring plastic trash. The only U.S. GM cars (not trucks) I would consider are a Vette or CTS-V. If I have the cash to get a XLR or STS-V; I'm buying an E55 AMG, Z06 or M5!
The only thing about the used vette: Its low quality compared to a japanese car and the interior sucks.

Old 04-07-2006, 03:26 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
One thing that really bugs me is when coupe owners come into the sedan forum and state that the sedan isn't bad after all. it's like they are implying that the sedan is inferior but they thinks it's okay.

The only thing the coupe has going for it is the wheels and if don't believe me, put a set of coupe wheels on a sedan and see how cool it looks then take a set of sedan wheels and put them on a coupe and see how awful it looks

I have always felt the coupe body was disportionate. The rear bumper is huge which reminds me of a Middle aged womans a$$ The wheelbase is too long for just one door and looks awkward.

Old 04-07-2006, 06:19 PM
Originally Posted by shodog
One thing that really bugs me is when coupe owners come into the sedan forum and state that the sedan isn't bad after all. it's like they are implying that the sedan is inferior but they thinks it's okay.

The only thing the coupe has going for it is the wheels and if don't believe me, put a set of coupe wheels on a sedan and see how cool it looks then take a set of sedan wheels and put them on a coupe and see how awful it looks

I have always felt the coupe body was disportionate. The rear bumper is huge which reminds me of a Middle aged womans a$$ The wheelbase is too long for just one door and looks awkward.
Seems like your not taking the sedan bashing very well (even though there is not bashing going on). Your the one doing the bashing, just take a breath and calm down. We are just saying how nice the sedan is. Calm down.

Old 04-07-2006, 06:56 PM
Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts
Sedan
My favorite is when the coupe guys ask a question about wheels and they don't state in their post that it's for a coupe. Well of course it's for the coupe, because there is nothing else.

Old 04-07-2006, 07:54 PM

Wow it bugs you when people think the sedan is inferior but you have a list of reasons why you think the coupe is inferior.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Got give the Sedan it's due credit... AWESOME!!