G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

Coupe vs Sedan!!! Winner is...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-08-2006, 04:57 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I've had an 03 sedan for 8 months, I have an 03 coupe for about 6 months now. I can tell you, there is a definite difference. I can feel the weight difference; seems the sedan was quicker and more nimble at lower speeds, where as the coupe has more power from like 30 mph up. The coupe is more stable at freeway speeds too. I can also take turns at higher speeds. I think of the two were to race in a straight line, the cars are so close that it would be a drivers race.

Old 04-08-2006, 06:31 PM
Registered

sedans rule!!

Old 04-08-2006, 07:09 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
they are both the same to me i love both of them. it all comes down to witch one fits your life style. i have a coupe but love the look of the sedan also.

Old 04-08-2006, 07:19 PM
sedan would be very hot with a bigger front and back bumper. i think the coupe has nicer bumpers

Old 04-08-2006, 08:01 PM
Hey I personally think the coupes look a little better than the Sedans. I think if the Sedans were able to run a lower offset on there rims then our Sedans would look sooo much better.....

thumbs up for 4 doors.........

thumbs down for high offsets.......

jdm4eva

Old 04-08-2006, 08:09 PM
Grocery getter

Received 189 Likes on 59 Posts
IMO the coupe looks better than the sedan.

As for the narrow wheels I have the same size wheels most coupe's run 8.5"F and 10"R so that is out. Performance is great with both. All in all it is just an awesome car either way.

I love them both but if I did not have a 3 year-old I would have a coupe.

Old 04-08-2006, 09:38 PM
EZZ
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by G35_TX
The 03 Coupe vs the 03 Sedan there was 150lb difference in weight between both loaded models.

05 vs 05, there is less but still about 50-100lb difference. Wheels are still bigger on the coupe so that is more weight of the wrong type. There are more Sedans in the 13s than coupes with min bolt ons. That should tell you something.
Of course there are more sedans in the 13s...there are just way more sedans in general. Remember that the coupe got the fastest published times so far so pick your poison.

The infiniti website has a difference of 12 lbs between the coupe and sedan 6mt. I've seen published weights for both and the biggest difference I've seen when they were weighted was about 50 lbs. The base sedan in 03 had less amenities than the base coupe (leather vs. cloth). You literally put every option in both and they will weigh almost exactly the same.

Old 04-08-2006, 09:42 PM
How much do you think leather weighs over cloth? Its probably only an extra ounce...

I really wish I had my 2003 Sedan brochure to compare it to my 2003 Coupe brochure from Nissan NA.

Old 04-09-2006, 12:09 AM
Of course there are more sedans in the 13s...there are just way more sedans in general.
What are you talking about i have yet to see another moded sedan on the road and ive had my car for close to a year.. But Coupes on the other hand i see everyday..

Old 04-09-2006, 03:40 AM
EZZ
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Loe G35
How much do you think leather weighs over cloth? Its probably only an extra ounce...

I really wish I had my 2003 Sedan brochure to compare it to my 2003 Coupe brochure from Nissan NA.
Thats just an example. The base coupe also had 17s while the base sedan had 16s. Fully loaded 6mts are a better representation of both cars because they both represent the same equipment (and the coupe still has larger wheels/tires), and they are nearly identical in weight. I've seen no proof that the sedan weighs 150 lbs less than the coupe when every published report has nearly the same weight for them in the 6mt form.

BTW, in so-cal, I see about 5 to 1 sedans to coupes. The sedans are everywhere. I honestly don't see too many of either modded. I see a ton of 350zs modded so I believe that car attracts those who want to mod.

Old 04-10-2006, 01:56 PM
imo, it boils down to your situation....family man, or single?, going for looks or practicality? etc... i got the sedan cuz 1, have little kids, and two need trunk space..........however, that didn't limit my mods to it(see sig).....with family or clients in car=civilized driving, solo=drives w/enthusiam........
fwiw: had a coupe owner drove my sedan and commented on how "light" my sedan felt........to me lighter means less weight to lug around and better accel, decel, cornering etc......

Old 04-10-2006, 04:14 PM
Originally Posted by ttrank
IMO the coupe looks better than the sedan.

As for the narrow wheels I have the same size wheels most coupe's run 8.5"F and 10"R so that is out. Performance is great with both. All in all it is just an awesome car either way.

I love them both but if I did not have a 3 year-old I would have a coupe.
Hey dude I agree with you 150%, if I didn't have a 2 year old daughter and a little boy on the way I would have a coupe also...but i'm very happy with my Sedan

Question for you dude, what offset are you running on those 8.5 fronts and 10 rears...

jdm4eva

Old 04-10-2006, 07:33 PM
Ya know, it's really all personal preference. That's why Baskin Robbin's has 32 flavor's and not just choc. and vanilla. I just entered a Nissan/ G car show. I thought there was a seperate Sedan class for the competition. Well, as it turned out, I was the only Sedan in the comp. Therefore, I thought, well I guess I'll get a trophy be default. It came down to the trophy presentation and I got best Stock G. I got my trophy, shrugged it off, and went back to my place. Well the Eggman said congrats Ryan, good job. I said well it wasn't too hard with me being the only Sedan in the comp. He said, no dude, you won best stock G. There was no Sedan class, you beat out the coupes. The moral of the story is........ Sedans Rule..... Coupes suck. Just kidding , it still comes down to personal pref. Maybe it was just refreshing to see a Sedan amist all the coupes. I have no idea. I'm still shocked as there were some beautiful coupes there. Nonetheless, this topic can be argued throughout the centuries as we all have different taste, and this is just a matter of preference from one person to the next.

RT

Old 04-11-2006, 07:51 AM
I live in MA, snow sux around here. I learned my lesson having an RWD car around here. So I'll ask this question: If you could get the coupe in an AWD, would that take away from any of the sedan buyers? Don't get me wrong, i LOVE my sedan, I'm gonna be burried in that thing. But I can't help to wonder what i'd be driving right now if the coupe was offered in AWD....

Nah... I'd have my sedan just tossin out a thought though.

Old 04-11-2006, 10:33 AM
Volume is not a good argument for superiority. The best stuff is usually sold in smaller quantities and most people that buy the sedan don't even know what a midpipe is and why you would replace it. That said, I'm glad Infiniti didn't make the G35 sedan for those people, but for enthusiasts like us. The coupe is pretty sexy but for some reason, I think the sedan looks better. I think it is the satisfaction of having everything, performance, luxury, and space. If I was into just coupes, I would probably go with something more hard edged or the 350z.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Coupe vs Sedan!!! Winner is...