G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

Coupe vs Sedan!!! Winner is...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-01-2006, 01:41 AM
wassupMyNinjas! (^_^)

Received 102 Likes on 45 Posts
I can't wait to check this baby out... I'll keep my coupe, then maybe my wife will get this guy...best of both worlds!

Last edited by speedraver; 05-01-2006 at 01:45 AM.
Old 05-01-2006, 11:37 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I've owned an ATI Procharged 350Z, a mostly stock G35 and now an '05 G35 6MT sedan. I like the sedan better than the other two... It handles better (I do have some suspension mods and wider wheels), has better turn-in feedback and I don't see any other sedans that look like mine (I have A LOT of mods inside and out). The coupe and Z feels front heavy to me for some reason. Straight line? My best time in the sedan is a 13.42 @ 106 mph at the track (like I said I have most N/A bolt-ons including gears but even with 275/30-19 tires, I have traction problems in 1st, 2nd and 3rd gears). As for weight, I have no idea if my sedan is lighter than my '04 coupe. It sure feels that way but that's mostly due to the mods and 3.917 gears....

Old 05-01-2006, 07:45 PM
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
We have a 03 Coupe 6MT and 05 Sedan 5AT in the family.

The Coupe is a better car to take to the track or twisties. It's got gorgeous line and I can spend hours staring at it from various angles. Handling is very good as the intoxicating exhaust note. The coupe gets a lot more looks than the sedan, especially consider the ridiculously shiny Caribbean Blue paint.

The Sedan is a much more practical car, huge rear seat space for a compact car, reclining back seats, a trunk that seems twice as big, and the ride is much quieter and comfortable. Handling is not as sharp or responsive as the coupe, but then again we don't squeal the tires in intersections often so that's almost a none factor for daily driving.

The good thing about having both is that every morning you get to decide which car you will take to go to work. Today I took the sedan.

Old 05-01-2006, 08:05 PM
Originally Posted by megatron27
More people buy the sedan its a proven fact. Sorry coupe guys, if beauty is in the eye of the beholder or if public eye is the verdict, then the sedan is one beautiful car.

People say the coupe gets more love, but the fact is that the love is just outspoken, while us sedan guys are modest.

Sorry just had to vent. BTW, love both cars

check out nissannews.com its not even close.

G35 Sedan YTD 9,338 G35 Coupe YTD 4,968
HAHAHAHA ok ok let me just say one thing HAHAHAHAHA riggghhhttttt.... This is a pointless thread by the way but Hhhhmm lets see the sedan is A- priced less then coupes which means more affordable B- More practical for family’s and C- it's better on insurance.. Might be 9,338 people driving the sedan but at least 8,000 of them are drooling over our cars when we pass them and 4,968 coupes shaking their heads asking why oh why did they buy that.....

Old 05-01-2006, 09:41 PM
Staff Alumni
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by 2FastG354U
HAHAHAHA ok ok let me just say one thing HAHAHAHAHA riggghhhttttt.... This is a pointless thread by the way but Hhhhmm lets see the sedan is A- priced less then coupes which means more affordable B- More practical for family’s and C- it's better on insurance.. Might be 9,338 people driving the sedan but at least 8,000 of them are drooling over our cars when we pass them and 4,968 coupes shaking their heads asking why oh why did they buy that.....
Actually, I think it's only early 20-somethings that are doing well for their ages driving coupes "shaking their heads asking why oh why did they buy that....."

Old 05-02-2006, 03:24 AM
Wow...more pointless debates....LOL

Ok...I had an '05 Sedan...6mt...beautiful car. It was quick and handled decent. I got nailed by a 4-runner...good bye sedan

I went and drove quite a few cars...from BMW 325 to IS 350, even looked at the MazdaSpeed 6 and the New Civic Si.
I drove the coupe...and here I am...g35 coupe instead of the sedan this time (although the IS350 would have got the nod if they offered a 6mt).

The Sedan did feel a bit quicker (or is it a false feeling becuase the Sedan had a softer suspension and its rear had a lot of squat on take off and hard shifting). The suspension on the coupe is a bit stiffer....the spring rates in the back are more to my liking, but not stiff enough yet. I can throw the coupe into some corners faster than my sedan and I can maneuver the coupe a lot easier and the steering feels quicker (could be the RAS).

I miss having a real back seat...but I love being able to fit my snowboard in the back of the car by folding the rear seat down.
I miss having a big trunk though....thats a definite minus on the coupe.

It comes down to what you are looking for. The coupe is not faster than the sedan and vice versa. The suspension on the coupe as well as the wheels and tires are definitely geared more towards performance than the sedan and in stock form is much funner to drive. I find myself even enjoying the coupe more than my s2000 at times (only because of the comfort and TQ )

Thats my $.02...

Old 05-02-2006, 06:50 AM
So you got whacked doing an early trade and now you still can get beat by the same 4 runner. Dealers everywhere thrive thanks to such saavy decisions. I'd love to see this 4 runner. He prob got the jump on you and you didn't know it or he's got the TRD supercharger.

Old 05-02-2006, 10:35 AM
Staff Alumni
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by SixFive
So you got whacked doing an early trade and now you still can get beat by the same 4 runner. Dealers everywhere thrive thanks to such saavy decisions. I'd love to see this 4 runner. He prob got the jump on you and you didn't know it or he's got the TRD supercharger.
Um, I think he meant his car was involved in an accident with the 4runner, not that he lost to one in a race. Just a guess...

Old 05-02-2006, 12:50 PM
Premier Member

Wonder why those coupe owners think when I pass them at the track or on strip. lol.

Old 05-02-2006, 01:02 PM
"Gzusss, what the...!!!...." ?
then, you know, denial all day long..........

Old 05-02-2006, 03:01 PM
Thanks for helping Trey...speed reading has it's disavantages. And I often see the advantages of sedandom every time I am at the track. :0

Old 05-02-2006, 08:27 PM
Originally Posted by G35_TX
Wonder why those coupe owners think when I pass them at the track or on strip. lol.
Hey G35_TX check your sentence again.. I think you meant to say "Wonder WHAT those coupes think" not "Wonder WHY those coupes"...

Old 05-02-2006, 08:50 PM
Premier Member

Originally Posted by 2FastG354U
Hey G35_TX check your sentence again.. I think you meant to say "Wonder WHAT those coupes think" not "Wonder WHY those coupes"...
LOL thank you mr. english teacher.

Just been a crazy day at work.

Old 05-03-2006, 03:11 AM
Originally Posted by SixFive
LOL...Trey is right...my sedan got smashed by a 4 runner...thats what I meant.

If I wanted a car for speed...I would have never traded in my 2005 STi.
I still have my fun in the G and when I need a bit more sport...I take out the s2000 :-D

G35_TX...if you are so into racing...why buy a G in the first place? There much better cars out there to do that with...dont get me wrong...I love my G...but I have an s2000 that I have tracked...and it just feels more natural out there. Needless to say...4dr vs 4dr...my Sti would have smoked my old sedan (and the coupe and the s2000).

Oh well...too each his own. The Coupe is not better than the Sedan and vice versa. The car serves a purpose for each owner...I was lucky (err...sort of) to own both. I miss my sedan yet I dont regret getting a coupe this time around

Last edited by fern96; 05-03-2006 at 03:26 AM.
Old 05-03-2006, 09:12 AM
LOL - I was envisioning Checy Chase in a G35 getting beat by a mom in a 4 runner with a roof mounted storage container and full of kids.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Coupe vs Sedan!!! Winner is...