Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-18-2006, 01:03 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
same here

Old 04-18-2006, 01:21 PM
Out of many - one people
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Cancelled my debit card today. I will never use my debit card for online transaction again. Fortunately there was no fraud on my card. Why did it take so long for them to inform us - an email or phone call would have been much faster in a society with so much technology.

Old 04-18-2006, 04:18 PM
IQ9
I thought the same thing. Why didn't they send an email as they had the addresses? I then tought, they suck...why would they take any extra effort for a customer and you see we only got notified days later by mail only.

Old 04-18-2006, 04:20 PM
I can tell you I will never do buisiness with them again.

Old 04-18-2006, 04:27 PM
Got 3 letters, one was cancelled...one I cancelled...last one is my visa check card....havent cancelled as I use the damn thing everyday and cant imagine not having it in my wallet....not sure what to do...maybe just take out like $100 cash to live off for 2-3 days until a new card is sent out??

I've ordered from them like 5-7x in the past, but never again...this is ridiculous...

Old 04-18-2006, 04:52 PM
I did but I used my One Time Generated Number (Free service) with my Citi Platinum Card. I do that with all my online purchases (Just in case a site gets hacked) so I dont have to worry about it.

Old 04-18-2006, 05:05 PM
Received 451 Likes on 305 Posts
Originally Posted by pdjafari
Got 3 letters, one was cancelled...one I cancelled...last one is my visa check card....havent cancelled as I use the damn thing everyday and cant imagine not having it in my wallet....not sure what to do...maybe just take out like $100 cash to live off for 2-3 days until a new card is sent out??

I've ordered from them like 5-7x in the past, but never again...this is ridiculous...
One of the letters was for my debit card......I cancelled it a few days after I got the letter and ordered a new one. Got cash out like you mentioned doing. I think its worth the trip to the bank to get cash out vs. having to deal with someone stealing money from there and having to claim it.

Old 04-18-2006, 08:34 PM
Out of many - one people
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by pdjafari

Why can't your bank issue a temporary card until you receive a new card in the mail? I cancelled my Chase debit card today and got a temp card.

They are going to have to do something special to gain our business back. they did a poor job of informing us which equates to them not caring much about customer care.

Last edited by rupdog326; 04-18-2006 at 09:28 PM.
Old 04-18-2006, 08:45 PM
Got the letter Monday also! Yeah I'm thinking major inconvenience for everyone...........discounts for everyone???????????

Old 04-18-2006, 09:10 PM
Ok, I'm speaking out of turn here but I just got off the phone with Andy and
1.) They had to send letters out instead of emails or calls due to legalities 2.) They are VERY aware of how damaging this has been to their buisness and are overwhelmed with the implications of this 3.) there will be discount to customers due to this incovienence. I was about to cancel my order but since I work in the industry (IT) and Andy was very sincere in his apology I do understand their situation and with what they are presently implimenting, I'm giving them another shot

Old 04-18-2006, 09:14 PM
It works on my machine
Got my letter Monday. No I have to cancel my AA for the 3 time in 4 years because of crap like this.

Old 04-19-2006, 12:17 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by k_hojnacki
Ok, I'm speaking out of turn here but I just got off the phone with Andy and
1.) They had to send letters out instead of emails or calls due to legalities 2.) They are VERY aware of how damaging this has been to their buisness and are overwhelmed with the implications of this 3.) there will be discount to customers due to this incovienence. I was about to cancel my order but since I work in the industry (IT) and Andy was very sincere in his apology I do understand their situation and with what they are presently implimenting, I'm giving them another shot
+1........Makes sense to me that it had to be done in writing, plus, I wouldn't necessarily believe anyone calling me and telling me about something like this, in writing is the correct way to go about this.

Old 04-19-2006, 12:38 AM
Originally Posted by OhMyG...35
Got the letter Monday also! Yeah I'm thinking major inconvenience for everyone...........discounts for everyone???????????
Discount? The guys from Performance Nissan have been giving updates over at my350Z.com, and this quote is from one of their posts there:

Performance Nissan Website Status

Until our new website is operational, our phone order customers (using codeword CYBER ATTACK) will receive special discount pricing as an inducement to continue purchasing parts from us while our website is being reconstructed. Please call (866)211-7389 for further details, questions or orders.

Old 04-19-2006, 03:23 AM
Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts
Sedan
I got two letters. One was a card that was already cancelled. The other is a card I seldom use. I have placed alerts on that account and I'm watching it closely.

Old 04-19-2006, 11:23 AM
Charter Member Florida G35 Club
Received 32 Likes on 20 Posts
Question

I can tell you I will never do buisiness with them again.
I really don't understand this and other similar attitudes in this thread.

Fraud and theft has always been a reality and will only continue to increase because stealing is getting easier and law enforcement has not caught up.

It's a fact of life and get over it. What is so bad about this situation that you would never do business with them again? So it takes 2 minutes on an automated line to request a new CC card, big deal. So it takes 10 days to get the new card, big deal? If this puts you in a financial bind then you shouldn't be buying things on credit to begin with anyways.

The bottom line is that most CC's today don't hold you liable for fraudulent charges. Anyone using a DC for anything other than ATM or self service over the counter transactions (where you have full control over the processing) is naive and taking unecessary risks. True, most banks don't hold you liable when you use a DC too, but now you've put your bank account at direct risk and recovering funds will take time.

PNP's response was very proper under the circumstances. Their data was hacked around April 12 or 13, and I received the letter on the East Coast on the 17th. What more can one ask for? Unless someone can show PNP was remiss or negligent in securing their data, then back off.

I can't believe how unreasonable so many people on this board are (same thing with many dealer and factory customer service complaints). Many need to take a breath and try to see things from the other person's point of view.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.