G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

Question for those w/ aluminum pedals

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-25-2006, 04:39 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Question for those w/ aluminum pedals

I have 5AT, and a gift certificate to my dealer.
They have nothing else I want except the pedals. The set they have does not included the e-brake. (It's just a 3 piece set)

Anybody else have the 3 piece set? Look ok? Any regrets?

Thanks!

Old 04-25-2006, 04:55 PM
IQ9
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I had the 3 peice but a memeber madea cover for the e-brake. iTs not bad the other way. I do like having all of them match though. Either way you're fine.

Old 04-25-2006, 07:14 PM
Originally Posted by shredX
I have 5AT, and a gift certificate to my dealer.
They have nothing else I want except the pedals. The set they have does not included the e-brake. (It's just a 3 piece set)

Anybody else have the 3 piece set? Look ok? Any regrets?

Thanks!
I installed the Nissan drilled aluminum pedals on my 2005 5AT three weeks ago; I also added rubber grips for the accelerator. I am OCD when it comes to balance and symmetry, part of being a mechanical engineer. There is not an official aluminum pedal for the E-Brake as you may have discovered. If the E-Brake assembly is the same as the clutch pedal, you may be able to fabricate an attachment for the aluminum clutch pedal to the E-brake.

Attached Thumbnails Question for those w/ aluminum pedals-full-peadl-set-installation-b.jpg   Question for those w/ aluminum pedals-accelerator-peadl-grips-f.jpg  
Old 04-25-2006, 07:19 PM
Received 451 Likes on 305 Posts
Originally Posted by renegadestorm
...you may be able to fabricate an attachment for the aluminum clutch pedal to the E-brake.
Thats what I did. Just cut the rubber rim around the backside of the clutch pedal and glued it to the top of the existing e-brake pedal. That was over 2yrs ago. Havent had any issues since then.

Idea is to buy some good glue.

Old 04-25-2006, 08:08 PM
Thanks guys.

Renegade, that's the pic I've been looking for. It looks fine w/o the e-brake.
Do all sets come w/ the rubber insets. Seems like that would keep them from becoming slick when wet.

Old 04-25-2006, 08:35 PM
everythingg35 sells the kit with the ebrake cover but since you have a gift certificate for Nissan parts dept that rules them out. Looks fine with out the matching ebrake. I don't particularly care that I didn't get the kit from everythingg35.

Old 04-25-2006, 10:47 PM
Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts
Sedan
Looks incomplete without the e-brake in my opinion.

Old 04-25-2006, 10:50 PM
Sedan
Do all sets come w/ the rubber insets. Seems like that would keep them from becoming slick when wet.
All the OEM aluminum pedal sets come with rubber inserts on all the pedals except the gas pedal. You won't need them on the gas pedal. You will not have any grip issues with these pedals.

Old 04-25-2006, 11:10 PM
Thanks guys.

Renegade, that's the pic I've been looking for. It looks fine w/o the e-brake.
The brake pedal, dead pedal and clutch pedal have rubber grips, the accelerator pedal does not. I had to cut off the plastic grips from the stock dead pedal on a band saw and them individually sand then down to press fit into the accelerator pedal. You may want to do the same as I did if you are concerned with your foot slipping off the accelerator pedal. I live in Canada specifically Toronto so I was worried about the effect of snow in the winter time. I have driven my car with various styles of shoes and trainers ranging from leather bottom dress shoes, Euro trainers, driving shoes and running shoes without any problems. I also feel that my pedals look complete since they match.

Old 04-26-2006, 01:57 AM
Sedan
Originally Posted by renegadestorm
The brake pedal, dead pedal and clutch pedal have rubber grips, the accelerator pedal does not. I had to cut off the plastic grips from the stock dead pedal on a band saw and them individually sand then down to press fit into the accelerator pedal. You may want to do the same as I did if you are concerned with your foot slipping off the accelerator pedal. I live in Canada specifically Toronto so I was worried about the effect of snow in the winter time. I have driven my car with various styles of shoes and trainers ranging from leather bottom dress shoes, Euro trainers, driving shoes and running shoes without any problems. I also feel that my pedals look complete since they match.
Since you don't use much force to operate the gas pedal you won't have to worry about slipping. If the brake pedal did not have the rubber insert, then you should be concerned.

Old 04-26-2006, 09:40 AM
Charter Member Florida G35 Club
Received 32 Likes on 20 Posts
Two remarks:

1) I have the Nissan three pedal set and it looks fine to me without the e-brake.

2) The accelerator pedal is supposed to NOT have rubber grips by design because your supposed to be able to slide your foot sideways uninhibited from the accelerator to the brake.

Old 04-26-2006, 10:28 AM
Sedan
Originally Posted by MiamiG35sedan
2) The accelerator pedal is supposed to NOT have rubber grips by design because your supposed to be able to slide your foot sideways uninhibited from the accelerator to the brake.
I tried to tell him that in another thread, but he's not listening.

Old 04-26-2006, 10:57 AM
Charter Member Florida G35 Club
Received 32 Likes on 20 Posts
Originally Posted by skeleton_cru
I tried to tell him that in another thread, but he's not listening.
True. Sometimes people have to hear the same thing said a slightly different way to get it.

Old 04-26-2006, 11:18 AM
Good info. It's all making sense.

I appreciate your time on such a trivial issue.

Old 04-26-2006, 12:43 PM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by skeleton_cru
Looks incomplete without the e-brake in my opinion.
^ +1 to that! Bigtime....

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Question for those w/ aluminum pedals