G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

Why Bose Sucks

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-19-2006, 08:45 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
lol.. he's not leaving. B&O headphones ($150) are amazing with my iPod but I suppose my iPod isn't the best producer of digital sound. Just goes to show that being #1 doesn't require being the best. I like the Bose system in my car but like I mentioned, it leaves much to be desired. I'm so excited to hear the new Bose system in the new G35 but I have to say, I strongly doubt I'll be leasing the new one. I'm very form over function and the '07 front end hood line offends me like no other!

Old 07-19-2006, 08:53 PM
Rated M

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by RLampke
Good one - that was meant for your Bose buddy John.

Bose buddy?

Read before you write. And think before you write. Try it. It works.

Old 07-19-2006, 08:56 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by RBull
Bose buddy?

Read before you write. And think before you write. Try it. It works.
Try writing a sentence with the proper grammar and pronunciation - that works also.

Old 07-19-2006, 08:58 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by DirtySouth
Of course he's going to tell you that the 07 will sound FANTASTIC! Thats his job! And Bose is GREAT at telling you how wonderful their crap is.
Unbelieveable, isn't it...

Old 07-19-2006, 09:15 PM
Traveling Administrator
Received 175 Likes on 102 Posts
Originally Posted by DirtySouth
I think that what myself and RLampke is trying to say is that Infiniti can do better! Lexus has realized this and started using the ML. I think its time that Infiniti rise to the occasion and use a TRUE AUDIOPHILE system in future cars.

my .02 Peace
LOL, You are sooooooo missing the point here!!! Sure Infiniti can do better with the audio system in the G35. I don't think there is one single person here disputing that. What you and RLampke are lacking to comprehend is that the competitors that you are talking about are a significant amount of more money than the G. An IS350 with the ML audio system is thousands more than the G...end of story. Why is this so hard to understand???

When paying a lesser price for something, most times than not you are giving something up. As others have already stated nicely, the G competes extremely well against Lexus and BMW in terms of visual appeal, performance, handling...etc. The G may not have an ML audio system but it's overall value far outweighs everything else in it's class.

Old 07-19-2006, 09:43 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by canuck
What you and RLampke are lacking to comprehend is that the competitors that you are talking about are a significant amount of more money than the G. An IS350 with the ML audio system is thousands more than the G...end of story. Why is this so hard to understand??? :
I think your comprehension is lacking here, whoever said this was a G35 Bose -vs and IS 350 Mark Levinson comparison only..? You ever here of an Acura TL and the Panasonic/ELS system...? Significantly more...? The G35x I currently have stickerd for $40,523.00. Using your comparison, I have a quote on a loaded IS350 w/Mark Levinson for $43,950.00 - $3400+ is significantly more at this price range…? Once again, this thread is not about a $3,400 price difference - it's about why Bose sucks, specificaly the POS system that is in the current G.

Try again...

Last edited by RLampke; 07-19-2006 at 10:02 PM.
Old 07-19-2006, 09:47 PM
Traveling Administrator
I think your comprehension is lacking here, whoever said this was a G35 Bose -vs and IS 350 Mark Levinson comparison only..? You ever here of an Acura TL and the Panasonic/ELS system...? Significantly more...? The G35x I currently have stickerd for $40,523.00. Using your comparison, I have quote on a loaded IS350 w/Mark Levinson for $43,950.00 - $3400+ is significantly more at this price range…? Once again, this thread is not about a $3,400 price difference - it's about why Bose sucks.

Try again...
I am well aware of what this thread is all about.....considering I have wasted more than enough time in it.

And you are comparing a RWD car to a AWD car....not apples to apples....sorry, you try again!

Old 07-19-2006, 09:52 PM
Traveling Administrator
Actually don't bother responding, because I am done with this useless thread. Good night.

Old 07-19-2006, 10:03 PM
RLampke, did you pay MSRP???

Old 07-19-2006, 10:09 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Unbelieveable, isn't it...
No, what is unbelieveable is you RLampke, you are free to give your opinion and your two cents, but as soon as another member gives theirs, you have to bad mouth them and insult them. I don't know why you think I step on people, I know I have disagreed with you in the past, but again, that's my right and your right. It's not that you give your opinion, whether or not we agree, but it's the way you reply, insulting people only makes them come back with more. I am not trying to start a fight with you, I've even agreed with you in the past, true, it was just once, but.........LOL. I don't think anyone here is flaming you for your opinions so much as the way you respond. Maybe we can see some peace here R, you think?

Old 07-19-2006, 10:22 PM
Received 2,116 Likes on 1,768 Posts
Originally Posted by RBull
Thanks and don't let the door hit you on the way out.
My Grannie used to say: "Don't let the door hit ye where the Good Lord split ye!"

Old 07-19-2006, 10:25 PM
Originally Posted by canuck
And you are comparing a RWD car to a AWD car....not apples to apples....sorry, you try again!
Um...I truly appreciate your opinion, but this has absolutely NOTHING to do with which set of wheels power the car. He can compare any car he wants.

Old 07-19-2006, 10:51 PM
RLampke has every right to express his opinions on this board, but I can assure you that I will never become a paying member of this forum if he is allowed to continue doing so. Since when did a car audio system become the barometer for purchasing a new vehicle?

Old 07-19-2006, 10:54 PM
Haha

The G35x I currently have stickerd for $40,523.00
If you paid anywhere close to $40K for a G35x, you have much more to worry about than the audio system.

Old 07-20-2006, 12:35 AM
Back to the main topic: Why Bose sucks...

I think this should include other audio speakers such as Polk (the treble will bite your head off) that are being sold at Fry's, Circuit city. Most of the speakers there are way so overpriced. The build and sound quality is extremely poor for the price. I build my own speakers as a hobby so I know a bit about speaker technology.

Why Bose speakers suck has nothing to do with paper cones as someone had suggested. Paper cones actually sound very muscial and some of them can be quite expensive such as those made by Scan-Speak. In fact metal cone driver although very stiff can sound very harsh and unpleasant. An exception is the magnesium drivers made by Seas which can sound very musical and has exceptional bass.

Anyway, Bose to me is a bunch of hype (you know the radio-sound-fill-up--the-room-crap...). I think they are specialized in large scale sound such as those in movie theaters but as far as home theater/ home audio they are way inferior to even the most inexpensive stereo system from B&W, Totem, Whaferdale ...just to name a few. Not that Bose can't make quality system but if they will get killed by other smaller audio makers in term of value if they try.

Most people bought into these Bose crap since most people don't know how an audio system should sound like. They are truely victims of a scam. Someone I know at work just bought an Polk 5.1 audio surround set of speaker for 600 since that is the only afordable system he knows of that are sold at Circuit city. Too bad since for 600 you can buy such a good system that is also of audiophile quality.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Why Bose Sucks