G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

Why Bose Sucks

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-20-2006, 04:38 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I had the base system in my early '03 sedan and the bose in my '04 coupe and now I have the IS with ML. I gutted both systems in the G's and replaced them with JL amps, MB quart speakers, 12w7 sub in the sedan and a Infinity Perfect dvc sub in the coupe. I haven't replaced anything in the IS and don't plan on it. Just some random thoughts:
1. I know I'm comparing red delicious to fuji's but the base system was just about as good as the bose. Both suffer from resonance as the 6.5" door speakers do not have a crossover on them. They have to try and produce the sub frequencies at the same time as the tweeter frequencies and you really can't ask any speaker to do that well, paper or not. A passive crossover (like the one they use on the tweeters in the front) that probably costs about .10 wholesale would help out a lot but that .10 adds up apparently.
2. quality of bose components: If bose tried to sell these to an audio shop, they would be laughed out of the store. Even if they gave them away, I don't think people would purposely put them in their cars. As a standalone option at ~$900, Infiniti should be ashamed.
3. The ML is awesome. No resonance and the imaging is superb. I have all most of my audio equipment from the G and it's just going to sit in the garage as I can't really think of much to make the ML better. The only thing I could ask for is a little more bass as the w7 and the infinity have spoiled me.
4. The ML is also about $900 standalone but as someone has mentioned above, they often put them in with other packages, much like Infiniti puts the bose in with the premium package. This depends on your region/dealer.

FWIW, I got the 350 with nav, sport, ML, and preferred accessories package for just under $40K, which is $4K under MSRP. As someone mentioned, that is more than a comparably equipped G but you get a lot more in the packages that the G's don't offer even as options.

Old 07-20-2006, 04:43 PM
Received 36 Likes on 33 Posts
OMG
I can't believe this post has gone on so long with some of this senseless bickering and name calling.
Rich, I have conversed with you before on PM and you have helped me out with info, your post that started this thread was a good post and interesting reading. I also respect and appreciate the posts and communications from ABQ_G35 (Tom), Texasscout and others. This IS a G35 forum and of course people are going to stick up for their Gs and what they come with, that's why they are here, because of their love of their cars. When they tire of this model they will move on to another board but I'm sure the majority will not diss the G cause they have moved on or desire to.
I guess I am somewhat like Texasscout, I used to have a love of all the latest music and would keep up with it and buy lots of Audiophile books to see what was out there. My system would always be rockin the neighborhood. But now I really think my system is okay, cause I am an Old Fart and just like to hear my music in the background so I can carry on a conversation or listen to the purr (or roar) of my engine. You know what, I do not have a single rattle in my G, which is probably a result of my subdued listening habits.
Anyways lets stop all this bickering at each other and appreciate each person's opinion. This world would suck big time if we all thought the same way.
Oh, and I will also have to listen to an ML system sometime .
Wayne

Old 07-20-2006, 04:52 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by GEE35X
OMG
I can't believe this post has gone on so long with some of this senseless bickering and name calling.
Rich, I have conversed with you before on PM and you have helped me out with info, your post that started this thread was a good post and interesting reading. I also respect and appreciate the posts and communications from ABQ_G35 (Tom), Texasscout and others. This IS a G35 forum and of course people are going to stick up for their Gs and what they come with, that's why they are here, because of their love of their cars. When they tire of this model they will move on to another board but I'm sure the majority will not diss the G cause they have moved on or desire to.
I guess I am somewhat like Texasscout, I used to have a love of all the latest music and would keep up with it and buy lots of Audiophile books to see what was out there. My system would always be rockin the neighborhood. But now I really think my system is okay, cause I am an Old Fart and just like to hear my music in the background so I can carry on a conversation or listen to the purr (or roar) of my engine. You know what, I do not have a single rattle in my G, which is probably a result of my subdued listening habits.
Anyways lets stop all this bickering at each other and appreciate each person's opinion. This world would suck big time if we all thought the same way.
Oh, and I will also have to listen to an ML system sometime .
Wayne
Agreed....

Last edited by RLampke; 07-20-2006 at 05:52 PM.
Old 07-20-2006, 05:33 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Good post Wayne! HaHa, I never was a "blaster" my brother took care of that, I like good sounds though, and believe me, compared to some of the previous vehicles I've owned, this is great, LOL, you probably remember all those old Ford and GM systems from days of yore, 4 speakers, and just a low and high tone adjustment, and if you cranked them any, you'd blow a speaker, HaHa.

Last edited by ABQ_G35; 07-20-2006 at 05:38 PM.
Old 07-20-2006, 05:53 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by ABQ_G35
Good post Wayne! HaHa, I never was a "blaster" my brother took care of that, I like good sounds though, and believe me, compared to some of the previous vehicles I've owned, this is great, LOL, you probably remember all those old Ford and GM systems from days of yore, 4 speakers, and just a low and high tone adjustment, and if you cranked them any, you'd blow a speaker, HaHa.
...by the sounds of it - your era is more like the single speaker in the middle of the all-metal dash listening to AM

Last edited by RLampke; 07-20-2006 at 05:57 PM.
Old 07-20-2006, 06:53 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by RLampke
...by the sounds of it - your era is more like the single speaker in the middle of the all-metal dash listening to AM
No, believe it or not, when I bought my 1972 Mach1, it an AM/FM Stereo and had speakers in the doors Rich, just ask Wayne..............

Old 07-20-2006, 08:07 PM
Rated M

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by Texasscout
My Grannie used to say: "Don't let the door hit ye where the Good Lord split ye!"

Old 07-21-2006, 02:14 AM
It's a shame Mr. Feng left this discussion...I was curious to know more about this "Burr-Brown" head unit that Bose uses....

Old 07-21-2006, 10:51 AM
Banned
Originally Posted by Mr_Ryte
It's a shame Mr. Feng left this discussion...I was curious to know more about this "Burr-Brown" head unit that Bose uses....
Notice in the literature that the system is described as having an "audiophile head unit" [which is very subjective to begin with] - it mentions nothing about the rest of the system being "audiophile".

Old 07-23-2006, 06:05 PM
My mom has the Bose system in her 05' G, and I always thought it sounded decent, but not as clear as that in her previous 02' I35. The system that tops them both, in my opinion, is the Bose setup in my 03 Altima. Any opinions on that system, as I think it sounds remarkable but don't really know what it "should" sound like I suppose!?

Old 07-23-2006, 06:49 PM
Originally Posted by Geniusjustin
My mom has the Bose system in her 05' G, and I always thought it sounded decent, but not as clear as that in her previous 02' I35. The system that tops them both, in my opinion, is the Bose setup in my 03 Altima. Any opinions on that system, as I think it sounds remarkable but don't really know what it "should" sound like I suppose!?

Sound is determined by one's perceptions.

If it sounds good to you, no one can tell you otherwise but urself.

Bose in the 06 Range Rover sounds great to me.

The bose in my Tahoe 04, and 01 325ci alll sounded decent to me aswell.

Old 07-23-2006, 07:05 PM
Many people think Bose sounds good because they haven't heard yet what a good system would sound like. My sister has Bose in her car and I thought the mid in her car is more or less non-existent and the mid is the most important frequency band in music. Most Bose systems (including home audio) has lots of bass but nothing else.

Old 07-23-2006, 08:39 PM
Originally Posted by andy2
Many people think Bose sounds good because they haven't heard yet what a good system would sound like. My sister has Bose in her car and I thought the mid in her car is more or less non-existent and the mid is the most important frequency band in music. Most Bose systems (including home audio) has lots of bass but nothing else.
You'll be surprised what a little eq tunning would do to these stock systems.

Old 07-24-2006, 01:06 AM
You have to admit the g' sound systems are lacking

Old 07-24-2006, 01:11 AM
Originally Posted by Omarvelous
You'll be surprised what a little eq tunning would do to these stock systems.
Most stereo system sounds best with the least amount of processing. EQ will most likely affect the purity of the audio signal.

The exception is the subwoofer since the human ears not very sensitive to low frequency signal, you cold EQ. the subwoofer to smooth out the low frequency response.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Why Bose Sucks