G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

2007 G35 interior comparisons

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-03-2006, 04:13 PM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
I like the layout of the Infiniti interior, but there's 2 things I feel they should change:

1. Get rid of the washi-paper looking aluminum. I don't know how it looks in real life, but in all of the pictures I've seen, it looks like textured plastic. I also don't like the 2 tone look of the black buttons next to the aluminum. It reminds me of a chevy malibu or like the cheap 2-tone interior look in a Corvette. This problem is easily resolved by choosing the Rosewood trim which looks REALLY great. Much better than the Rosewood in the M35/45.

2. The steering wheel looks a somewhat cheap and plasticky too. I think it's due to the curve along the left and right side of the airbag portion that gives it the look of an american steering wheel instead of a nice sporty Momo. I can live w/ this issue.

The IS350 plastic aluminum looks really cheap. I would go for their wood interior which looks much nicer. The other thing that sucks about the IS350 interior is that it only has 1 cup holder up front. Makes no sense as there's just a large flat expansive real estate just below the shifter where they could have put in two cup holders.

The BMW interior is OK, but I think the bump over the LCD display makes the car feel more claustrophobic. Does anyone know if the non-nav equipped 3 series has that same bump in the middle?

My rankings:

1. Infiniti w/ Rosewood trim
2. BMW 3 series
3. IS350
4. Infiniti w/ washi-look aluminum trim

Old 09-03-2006, 05:03 PM
Staff ALUMNI (retired)
Received 47 Likes on 39 Posts
Originally Posted by RLampke
Ok - attached is a repost of a low-res scan, but I've marked out some of the inconsistent gaps. Again this could be a parallax effect also; but if you look at the actual publication these [what appear to be] gaps/misaligned panels are much clearer.
You may be right, but it also may be just a pre-production thing.

I don't want to start nitpicking, but....
The thing that caught my eye was the way the swords flow to the door panel.
Seems to be a funny transition.

Old 09-03-2006, 05:25 PM
Rated M

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by inTgr8r
You may be right, but it also may be just a pre-production thing.

I don't want to start nitpicking, but....
The thing that caught my eye was the way the swords flow to the door panel.
Seems to be a funny transition.

It does have some different angles happening there. It's quite different and striking. I still like it although the acid test is always seeing in person.

Old 09-03-2006, 06:18 PM
Staff ALUMNI (retired)
Originally Posted by RBull
It does have some different angles happening there. It's quite different and striking. I still like it although the acid test is always seeing in person.
I agree, got to get your butt in the seat & see first hand.
I love the look, it's a great idea the way the trim flows around to the doors.

They have the same theme in the coupe concept as well.... should be nice

Old 09-03-2006, 07:13 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
nice catch RL

Old 09-03-2006, 08:11 PM
Originally Posted by RLampke
Ok - attached is a repost of a low-res scan, but I've marked out some of the inconsistent gaps. Again this could be a parallax effect also; but if you look at the actual publication these [what appear to be] gaps/misaligned panels are much clearer.
Where is this pic from?
Is it a pre-production model?

You mentioned in your post the attached pic (in this thread), which was where I was trying to find the inconsistencies.
Are there any gaps in the G35 in the first post?

Old 09-03-2006, 08:18 PM
I actually sat in an IS 350 at the dealer just to see the difference between its interior and the G's. Luckily, there happened to be an Infiniti Dealer right next door, so I went there first, came back to the lexus dealer, then got in my car and left. In pictures, the IS 350 has a very plasticky and boring interior, but none of that goes through your mind when you sit in it. The seats are some of the most comfortable I've ever been in, the armrests have perfectly stiched leather, and every time you touch a peice of the interior it feels soft and luxurious. The center console looks a lot better when your close to it and the nav system was MUCH better than the G's. When I got back in my car, it felt much less luxurious and although i love the leather in my G, the Lexus's had a much richer feel to it. But the seats in the G seemed much better bolstered then the Lexus's, but I didnt like the interior as much although it looked better in pictures. The new G's interior looks great in pictures, so i'm hoping it has better materials quality.

Old 09-03-2006, 08:47 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by psteng19
Where is this pic from?
Is it a pre-production model?

You mentioned in your post the attached pic (in this thread), which was where I was trying to find the inconsistencies.
Are there any gaps in the G35 in the first post?
Using the photo in this thread, once can still make out what appears to be some seriously misaligned panels and inconsistent gapping of meeting panels. Again this is not the highest res pic and a visual inspection will be the true litmus test.

What’s my point in all of this…? Point being is: no matter how good an interior may look, poor fit-and-finish like this very much attracts from the ownership experience and makes the car feel cheep IMO [like the current G]. It is no different than seeing misaligned body panels on the outside. As someone mentioned, the IS350 may not look all that spectacular in photos; and I agree, but seeing the attention to detail and craftsmanship in person, especially w/the rosewood option and it’s fantastic. I hope the new G's interior gives me that same impression in person also.

Attached Thumbnails 2007 G35 interior comparisons-g35standardinteriorxh1.jpg  

Last edited by RLampke; 09-03-2006 at 08:54 PM.
Old 09-03-2006, 11:28 PM
Does anyone have a good pic of the rosewood interior in the '07 aside from the one's I am attaching?

Old 09-03-2006, 11:29 PM
Sorry, let me try again

Attached Thumbnails 2007 G35 interior comparisons-rosewood.jpg  
Old 09-04-2006, 01:25 AM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by griffey222
Does anyone have a good pic of the rosewood interior in the '07 aside from the one's I am attaching?
There's this picture taken of a pre-production model in Dubai that's in another thread on this forum:

https://g35driver.com/forums/attachm...4&d=1153177992

Old 09-04-2006, 01:53 AM
Lip
As someone mentioned, the IS350 may not look all that spectacular in photos; and I agree, but seeing the attention to detail and craftsmanship in person, especially w/the rosewood option and it’s fantastic. I hope the new G's interior gives me that same impression in person also.

Flame suit on-

After sitting in all three:

1: E90-
2: IS
3: 07g

The quality is improved on the G, no question better than my 2005. The steering wheel in the sport is great, the seats are a huge improvement (with the same materials) Not a fan of the trippy looking paper metal. Still some cheaper plastic hiding in there.

The Bimmer just feels better built with the parts they throw in there. As much as I hate to say, the E90's interior is more driver oriented and the pieces feel better.
The 335i could make me forget the Metro-BMW owner which prevents me from wanting a Bimmer. I'd say f it and do I-Drive too.

The IS without the nav is not as interesting (while the Bimmer may be more appealing that way). However, again, there's some nice kit in there. Again, a bit more solid in terms of the way it's put together, and the pieces used.

At the end of the day, the G is cheaper, enough so that I would not hesitate to make the purchase again, this time with a 6speed.

Old 09-04-2006, 02:13 AM
Originally Posted by Lip
Flame suit on-

After sitting in all three:

1: E90-
2: IS
3: 07g
It's ok, everyone is entitle to their opinion, even if it's wrong

Old 09-04-2006, 07:52 AM
Staff ALUMNI (retired)
Originally Posted by griffey222
Here's another...

Last edited by InTgr8r; 09-04-2006 at 07:54 AM.
Old 09-04-2006, 11:49 AM
Is it just me,

or do the temperature and tuning ***** on the radio look like a cheap, tacky rubber compared to the rest of the buttons? I love the rest of the new interior, but those ***** keep bugging me for some reason.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 2007 G35 interior comparisons