G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

Talk about reliability 335i blew up!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-12-2006, 10:32 AM
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by GEE35X
I've driven cars with Hud and found it very distracting and during the day with certain lighting in the bright sun it was very difficult to see. Then again it could be my rotten eyesight.
Probably

Old 09-12-2006, 01:27 PM
Lip
Originally Posted by GEE35X
I've driven cars with Hud and found it very distracting and during the day with certain lighting in the bright sun it was very difficult to see. Then again it could be my rotten eyesight.
I also found that polarized sun glasses don't work well with HUDs.

Old 09-12-2006, 01:53 PM
Staff ALUMNI (retired)
Received 47 Likes on 39 Posts
Originally Posted by Lip
I also found that polarized sun glasses don't work well with HUDs.
or nav displays

Old 09-12-2006, 09:00 PM
fyi - Automobile Mag did another Dyno on the BMW 335i Coupe; this time on a cooler day. It looks like BMW really did underrate the HP/TQ. I wonder if these estimates are based on the old power stds or the new SAE stds? Either way, this FI Bimmer is very fast with major TQ!

http://www.automobilemag.com/feature..._dyno_revised/

Last edited by bsgoren; 09-12-2006 at 09:03 PM.
Old 09-12-2006, 09:13 PM
Received 36 Likes on 33 Posts
Originally Posted by bsgoren
fyi - Automobile Mag did another Dyno on the BMW 335i Coupe; this time on a cooler day. It looks like BMW really did underrate the HP/TQ. I wonder if these estimates are based on the old power stds or the new SAE stds? Either way, this FI Bimmer is very fast with major TQ!

http://www.automobilemag.com/feature..._dyno_revised/
Good pics and video there too.

Old 09-12-2006, 09:31 PM
That video was fun to watch. I was thinking Ferris Bueller's Day Off when the Ferrari 250GT California was lifted up so they could turn the odometer back....

What could the new G35S put down at the wheels? C&D said it does a 5.2 0-60, I can't comprehend that....that would be .3 off of a WRX STi, and about .7 faster than the E36 M3. Is there any limit to how fast we want our cars to go??

Old 09-12-2006, 09:51 PM
Originally Posted by John105
That video was fun to watch. I was thinking Ferris Bueller's Day Off when the Ferrari 250GT California was lifted up so they could turn the odometer back....

What could the new G35S put down at the wheels? C&D said it does a 5.2 0-60, I can't comprehend that....that would be .3 off of a WRX STi, and about .7 faster than the E36 M3. Is there any limit to how fast we want our cars to go??
"Warp Speed" ahead!

Old 09-13-2006, 10:11 AM
Staff ALUMNI (retired)
Received 47 Likes on 39 Posts
Originally Posted by bsgoren
& it drives just as the dyno would suggest....

On top of that, chips are already starting to come out.
one 3rd party is out now, & Dinan is in the works ......

Nice thing about Dinan, is it doesn't impact warranty

Old 09-13-2006, 02:35 PM
Originally Posted by inTgr8r
& it drives just as the dyno would suggest....

On top of that, chips are already starting to come out.
one 3rd party is out now, & Dinan is in the works ......

Nice thing about Dinan, is it doesn't impact warranty
I know; I test drove it last week, and I may be putting in my order shortly for a loaded 335i ...prem., sport, steptronic auto, navi, comfort access, active cruise control, and sirius sat radio; I got a $2 discount off MSRP. Delivery time for the Bimmer would be in Nov...timing it for a back-to-back comparison test drive with the '07 G35 in order to decide. You certainly get much more for your money with the Infiniti G35, but the power and handling of this 335 tt Coupe is addictive! I just have to weigh my options then and make the best choice for me...more cool stuff, slightly lower performace with the G35 or less stuff and more performace with the 335i, and probably a mind-boggling experience with a Dinan chipped 335i tt Coupe!!!

Old 09-14-2006, 03:21 AM
Originally Posted by picus112
Haha, you might be sick of it but that's because it's true. The difference might not be noticable to you; but you don't need to be flogging the car to feel superior road feedback, ride quality, and suspensions, imo. If you think the current G is as good as the 330i in handling, fine - but you're in the minority. It has more nose dive, way more body roll, and way more steering strafe in corners; and not corners on tracks, I am talking about every day driving.

As for people buying the brand; seriously, how sick am I of that? Sure, some people buy for the brand name, but for every yuppy buying a 525i because of the roundel, there is a guy like me buying a BMW because they make good cars. Let's assume since we're all enthusiasts here that we're not buying to be badge ******, ok? Frankly, if there was a Hyundia that felt like the 335i, I'd have bought it. The negative attention of a BMW isn't something I love.

As for how long Lexus has been around; if you go by cars on the road yes, 1989. If you go by the brand, 25 years. Sorry, I rounded up.

Listen guys, I am not ragging on the G. I've spent the last 4 years of my life driving two of them; I just think that as is typical on internet forums there is a little brand-fanboi'ism going on. The G is a great car and a great value, but in many ways it does not compare favorably to the 3-series, and part of the reason you pay less for it.
First of all, the E92 with engine failure is an isolated incident, no need to panic.

Secondly, I have to agree with Picus that even though a 3-series is not dramatically better than a G35 you can definitely feel the subtle differences when driving a 3 series from day to day, as I own an '04 G35 and an '04 330 ZHP (E46). In terms of value and pricing, G35s certainly have its advantages. However, IMO 3 series provide better overall driving experience, namely handling, suspension tunning, and engine smoothness. Plus, my 330 doesn't have all the annoying groans and creaks of my G35.
I think the problem with Infiniti is that it tries to compete with BMW by simulating BMW characteristics instead of Nissan characteristics. How can they win when they are chasing a ghost that has been around for decades and is really good at what it is doing. What I am tring to say is that G35s (Skyline) have a long history just like 3 series. Infiniti should really go back to the roots of the Skyline and design a Skyline that really reflect and refine upon the previous ones, not just keep trying to come out with a cheap BMW imitation. I am apologize if I sounded harsh and offended any G35 fanatics.

Last edited by GGGGGGGG; 09-15-2006 at 12:16 AM.
Old 09-14-2006, 04:54 AM
Originally Posted by GGGGGGGG
First of all, the E92 with engine failure is an isolated incident, no need to panic.

Secondly, I have to agree with Picus that even though a 3-series is not dramatically better than a G35 you can definitely feel the subtle differences when driving a 3 series from day to day, as I own an '04 G35 and an '04 330 ZHP (E46). In terms of value and pricing, G35s certainly have its advantages. However, IMO 3 series provide better overall driving experience, namely handling, suspension tunning, and engine smoothness. Plus, my 330 doesn't have all the annoying groans and creaks of my G35.
I think the problem with Infiniti is that it tries to compete with BMW by simulating BMW characteristics instead of Nissan characteristics. How can they win when they are chasing a ghost that has been around for decades and is really good at what it is doing. What I am tring to say is that G35s (Skyline) have a long history just like 3 series. Infiniti should really go back to the roots of the Skyline and design a Skyline that really reflect and refine upon the previous ones, not just keep trying to come out with a cheap BMW imitation. I am apologize if I sounded harsh and offended any G35 fanatics.

GeezThreeFive- I went to that Cadillac drive too, twice. I loved it. Have you heard about the Lexus drive at the end of this month? You going?
I have to disagree...the 3 Series is considerably a different experience than the G35. I'm a newbie with the G35, and it's basically a price thing. To me, either a fully loaded G35 can be had for 37k, or it can't. If it can't, my demand is zero at 40k+. I priced a 335 coupe and it came out 52k, how is that comparable to a G35, and how would it not be dramatically better? To me, the way the Infiniti sales people behave, and the fact that the G35 does not come with synthetic motor oil tell me a lot.

Again, the way I look at it is from everything I know about the G35, it seems like a great car for the price. For that price, I don't need to justify that it's "just as good as a BMW," because imho it is not. 52k vs. 37k had better have something something substantially better, and it does.