G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

335i Sedan Pricing Released...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-18-2006, 06:29 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by senneca01
I wish Infiniti would release prices for the new G to compare, I am guessing that there is going to be an interesting difference in prices of these two cars when they are comparably equipped.

BMW 335i Sedan
Base Price: $38,700
Destination Charge: $695
Metallic Paint : $475

Performance
Sports Package: $1,600
Steptronic: $1,275
Paddle Shifters: $100
Active Steering: $1,250

Safety
BMW Assist w/Bluetooth: $750
Rear Park Distance Control: $350

Convenience
Premium Package: $2,450
Cold Weather Package: $1,000
Comfort Access: $500
Active Cruise Control: $2,200
Navigation System w/iDrive: $2,100
Heated Front Seats: $500
Fold Down Rear Seats w/Ski-Bag: $475
Power Rear Sunshade w/Manual Side Shades: $575

Entertainment
Satellite Radio: $595

thanks but I d still rather have my G

Old 09-18-2006, 06:39 PM
All of the "objective" differences between the 335i and the G35 are going to be small either way, in terms of acceleration, handling, room, quality of materials, features, etc. Both cars will be pretty much equally excellent in almost every regard. Neither car has a notable weakness.

In the end, it just comes down to subjective preferences. I simply prefer the exterior and interior design of the G35, which is why I give it the nod over the 335i.

Old 09-18-2006, 07:13 PM
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by picus112
Have you driven them? Two entirely different cars.
Is it just me or does Picus112 seem to REALLY REALLY like his new BMW?

On a side note: I think the pricing for the 335 is very reasonable.... consider the price of the BMW 330i anyhow. It's actually not a bad deal consider you get performance close to the older E3, while having more amenity and fresher looks.

Personally the only BMWs I like are the Z4 and 6 series. (minus the whale tail on the 6)

Old 09-18-2006, 08:45 PM
Staff ALUMNI
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Sukairain
Is it just me or does Picus112 seem to REALLY REALLY like his new BMW?

On a side note: I think the pricing for the 335 is very reasonable.... consider the price of the BMW 330i anyhow. It's actually not a bad deal consider you get performance close to the older E3, while having more amenity and fresher looks.

Personally the only BMWs I like are the Z4 and 6 series. (minus the whale tail on the 6)
I do like it - if I didn't I wouldn't have ordered one. For me it's the best car for the money; for others, maybe not.

That said I wasnt infering that the 335i was better than the M at all. Just that they are designed to suit two very different segments.

FWIW, I think the M is Infiniti's best line of cars. If I was in the market for a large luxury sedan I would take one over a GS, 5 series, etc.. in a second.

Old 09-18-2006, 10:48 PM
I do like it - if I didn't I wouldn't have ordered one. For me it's the best car for the money; for others, maybe not.

That said I wasnt infering that the 335i was better than the M at all. Just that they are designed to suit two very different segments.

FWIW, I think the M is Infiniti's best line of cars. If I was in the market for a large luxury sedan I would take one over a GS, 5 series, etc.. in a second.

I agree with you about the M with one qualification - if only the M45 V8 came with a 6 speed manual I would take it over any BMW or other Infiniti model in a second, the Lexus would not even be a consideration. It's really not much bigger than a G35 - kind of like a V8 G35. Much better IMO than a 5 series with its I-drive, reputed reliability issues, styling issues and overpricing.

Old 09-19-2006, 07:53 AM
G (enie) FUNK ERA
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by jrock65
All of the "objective" differences between the 335i and the G35 are going to be small either way, in terms of acceleration, handling, room, quality of materials, features, etc. Both cars will be pretty much equally excellent in almost every regard. Neither car has a notable weakness.
And that's exactly what it will be a waste to add another $10K for practically the same features performance (maybe even less).

But I guess to each his own....

Old 09-19-2006, 05:55 PM
I like it when people bash on BMW cars means its brand to beat. Seriously how can you possible compare those 2 different cars? Dont get me wrong I like G35 (the onyl *** car) I'd like to get me to work and home and do groseries but for weekend ride its nothing but the bimmer. Judging car without owning it is pointless, well equiped 335i coupe goes for about 45K now as deman is still high on those, give it a time and it'll be around 42-43K easely with Sport,premium and cold weather package along with blue tooth what else do you need. For those 43K you get a lot of a car compare to G35, and dont even start on materials used for instance try G35 in 4-5 years and try bimmer of the same age. Another big thing about 335i is torque and sound, driving that car I will give any 550i run for its money. Currently I'm in the market for something mid sized and mid priced so G35 feets the bill but if its close to 40K mark forget it and do your self a favor go and get bimmer you wont regret it later. My wife drive 330i and she cant get enough of it, g35 hopefuly will replace my Maxima that I bought in 2003 and for special rides I am on the list for upcomming M3. So just to sum up any BMW is a step up from g35 in every way.

Old 09-19-2006, 07:46 PM
Originally Posted by TPECT
Judging car without owning it is pointless
So just to sum up any BMW is a step up from g35 in every way.
1) Hm, let's just say that there's something a little inconsistent with those statements. Are you saying that you have owned all Bimmers, as well as the 2007 G35?

2) "Any" BMW is better than the G35 in "every" way??? Yep, that 325i sure is faster and roomier than the G35.

Old 09-20-2006, 06:39 AM
I just got an email from a local BMW dealer saying they have 9 3 Series convertibles available at 6k off list. On an M3, that would be a steal. But on a 330Cic, one would have to be willing to get the body style that is being replaced. My friend got a 2k5 330i performance package (I think it has 235 HP) for 4500 off list which is unheard of in the 3 Series world. I think it's funny how 95k Mercedes Benzes sell for list and people have to wait for them. Such bullet-proof resale on German cars. When I see people saying we'll be able to get 2k7 G35's for 500 over invoice, I'm wondering about resale value....buying an Infiniti is like trying to time the stock or real estate market?

Old 09-20-2006, 08:15 AM
Rated M

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
I like it when people bash on BMW cars means its brand to beat. Seriously how can you possible compare those 2 different cars? Dont get me wrong I like G35 (the onyl *** car) I'd like to get me to work and home and do groseries but for weekend ride its nothing but the bimmer. Judging car without owning it is pointless, well equiped 335i coupe goes for about 45K now as deman is still high on those, give it a time and it'll be around 42-43K easely with Sport,premium and cold weather package along with blue tooth what else do you need. For those 43K you get a lot of a car compare to G35, and dont even start on materials used for instance try G35 in 4-5 years and try bimmer of the same age. Another big thing about 335i is torque and sound, driving that car I will give any 550i run for its money. Currently I'm in the market for something mid sized and mid priced so G35 feets the bill but if its close to 40K mark forget it and do your self a favor go and get bimmer you wont regret it later. My wife drive 330i and she cant get enough of it, g35 hopefuly will replace my Maxima that I bought in 2003 and for special rides I am on the list for upcomming M3. So just to sum up any BMW is a step up from g35 in every way.
Can you say that in English?

Old 09-20-2006, 08:15 AM
Rated M

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by jrock65
1) Hm, let's just say that there's something a little inconsistent with those statements. Are you saying that you have owned all Bimmers, as well as the 2007 G35?

2) "Any" BMW is better than the G35 in "every" way??? Yep, that 325i sure is faster and roomier than the G35.
LOL

Old 09-20-2006, 09:51 AM
Banned

I'll agree w/both statements here - the M is a fantastic large car.

I also drove the 335i coupe this weekend and the G35 better be vastly improved then the current iteration, for the new 3 335i is unbelievable. That I6TT coupled w/the new Septronic Transmission is something to behold. It is F'n fast, turbine smooth [like the current G is suppose to be but is not], just loud enough not to aggravate under full acceleration and whisper quiet under normal driving. The gearbox is light years ahead of the SMG that I had in my M3 and utterly destroys the current G's transmission - it can actually execute a down-shift rev match 100% of-the-time. The only quirk for me was the +/- action of the paddles – both operate back and forward instead [-] left / [+] right or vice-versa.

And let's not forget the suspension. Say what you want about BMW biased magazines [no doubt it happens], but they are right when it comes to critiquing BMW's suspensions. I drove the sport model: never harsh, soaked up major road imperfections and the handling was amazing. I also like how BMW can size the tire/rim properly w/the wheel wells unlike Infiniti. If my new G does not work out, I'll be back w/a down payment

Nevertheless, I do have to say it was difficult to warm up to the BMW's interior, but for those that can swing the extra $$$ - you will not be disappointed at all spending it.

Last edited by RLampke; 09-20-2006 at 10:16 AM.
Old 09-20-2006, 10:09 AM
Staff ALUMNI (retired)
Received 47 Likes on 39 Posts
^+1
My experience as well.
- ordering 335 6mt coupe in Dec for spring delivery

Old 09-20-2006, 10:52 AM
Originally Posted by RBull
Can you say that in English?
I think we both know what I am talking about and dont act dumb.

Old 09-20-2006, 12:40 PM
Wink

That is why I leased mine. The financing company figures that the car is going to be worth a whole lot. In actuality the cars are discounted so heavily that they are hard to resell for a lot of money. It makes leasing attractive because you can get the good discount on the front end and then just turn the car back in when it doesn’t hold its value as well as they think.

Originally Posted by John105
When I see people saying we'll be able to get 2k7 G35's for 500 over invoice, I'm wondering about resale value....buying an Infiniti is like trying to time the stock or real estate market?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 335i Sedan Pricing Released...