G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

Infiniti Studio On Wheels Review

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-19-2006, 11:17 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by canuck
Yes, the the RCA inputs in the armrest are standard on all models.
Does this mean we can plug in a video/audio source, like a game console? With the Nav package, can the CD player play DVDs or DVD audio (like in the TL)? 6 DVDs of audio will be over 25GBs, way more than the 9GB available in the built-in hard drive.

Old 09-19-2006, 11:25 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by GoofyG28
Does this mean we can plug in a video/audio source, like a game console? With the Nav package, can the CD player play DVDs or DVD audio (like in the TL)? 6 DVDs of audio will be over 25GBs, way more than the 9GB available in the built-in hard drive.
No DVD-Audio.

Old 09-19-2006, 11:41 PM
Infiniti needs their own "Mark Levinson" or "ELS."

Old 09-20-2006, 12:25 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
There is no question that I am excited for my new ride to arrive, but almost two months is still fairly long ways away. The final week before I pick it up will be torture though.
That will be the week your wife locks you out of the house!

Old 09-20-2006, 01:05 AM
Originally Posted by S L I C K
Infiniti needs their own "Mark Levinson" or "ELS."
Isnt that essentially what the Studio on Wheels is supposed to be? (I know it's not the calibre of ML).

Old 09-20-2006, 07:13 AM
Traveling Administrator
Received 175 Likes on 102 Posts
Originally Posted by DaCurryman
(I know it's not the calibre of ML).
But how do you know, you haven't heard it yet.

Old 09-20-2006, 08:56 AM
Banned
There is no question that I am excited for my new ride to arrive, but almost two months is still fairly long ways away. The final week before I pick it up will be torture though.
Not sure how you got a delivery date, but what I got instead; and this is typical of every other car that I've ordered, is a build date from the factory [Oct 12th 2006]. It will be about a 2-4 week delivery thereafter - this is right from the Infiniti Factory Rep. Once the vehicle is in transit, the dealer inventory is updated w/a more accurate arrival time. Only then have I ever know my "delivery date". Nevertheless, if they did give you an exact delivery date, all the better.

Unfortunately I'm out of the country for several weeks in Oct-Nov, so it will have to sit. But all things considered, I’m really not that excited to pick it up anyhow after the POS G35 I dealt with, but I do stay w/in my current lease of only 17 months left

Last edited by RLampke; 09-20-2006 at 09:12 AM.
Old 09-20-2006, 09:10 AM
Banned
But how do you know, you haven't heard it yet.
Past experiences always dictate what's in store for the future - there is no paradigm shift there, only improvements which are sorely needed. My real concern about this system is the way it is going to vibrate the front door panels, and if they took the time to actually design a panel that does not rattle instead of just designing a panel just to fit around a 10" woofer. Who cares how good a system sounds if it is overshadowed by buzzing/rattles/snaps/pops.

Besides, since were quoting someone who heard this system - Edmunds gave a better review of the Acura/ELS system then the Bose SOW:

http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do.../pageId=102045

Last edited by RLampke; 09-20-2006 at 09:13 AM.
Old 09-20-2006, 09:12 AM
Traveling Administrator
Originally Posted by RLampke
Not sure how you got a delivery date, but what I got instead; and this is typical of every other car that I've ordered, is a build date from the factory [Oct 12th 2006]. It will be about a 2-4 week delivery thereafter - this is right from the Infiniti Factory Rep. Once the vehicle is in transit, the dealer inventory is updated w/a more accurate arrival time. Only then have I ever know my "delivery date".

Unfortunately I'm out of the country for several weeks in Oct-Nov, so it will have to sit. But all things considered, I’m really not that excited to pick it up anyhow after the POS G35 I dealt with, but I do stay w/in my current lease of only 17 months left
I don't have an exact delivery date. My dealer is estimating mid November, so my count down in my sig is from November 15th.

It doesn't surprise me a bit that you are not excited about getting your new car. Maybe that will change once you are rid of your 05 and driving the 07.

Old 09-20-2006, 09:17 AM
Banned
I don't have an exact delivery date. My dealer is estimating mid November, so my count down in my sig is from November 15th.

It doesn't surprise me a bit that you are not excited about getting your new car. Maybe that will change once you are rid of your 05 and driving the 07.
Contrary to most, I'm keeping an open mind - so we'll see. For the most part I'll admit I like what I see, but if they did not address that sloppy Trans. I will be pissed. What's the use of paddle shifters [or the manumatic mode] if the shift points are not re-calibrated to utilize them properly.

Last edited by RLampke; 09-20-2006 at 09:19 AM.
Old 09-20-2006, 09:24 AM
Banned
Originally Posted by GoofyG28
Good question, I wonder how the video input is going to interact w/the on-board screen. I'm sure we all know how the RCA L/R will function, but one will have to get an RCA adapter if one would like to direct connect an iPOD - which is ok.

Also, concerning the HD - it is possible to remove the shipped HD and install a bigger HD. Be aware that this takes some programming skills as you have to get the OS to recognize the bigger HD, but it is not that difficult if your into that, and there are step-by-step procedures on-line - not for the G35 but for other aftermarket systems that are HD based.

Last edited by RLampke; 09-20-2006 at 09:36 AM.
Old 09-20-2006, 09:25 AM
Traveling Administrator
Contrary to most, I'm keeping an open mind - so we'll see. For the most part I'll admit I like what I see, but if they did not address that sloppy Trans. I will be pissed. What's the use of paddle shifters [or the manumatic mode] if the shift points are not re-calibrated to utilize them properly.
That's good that you are keeping an open mind. It is a shame that you have had such crappy luck with your 05. I honestly have been 100% satisfied with my purchase throughout the last 3 years. I haven't had one single issue with it other than having the brakes replaced....and that was under warranty. I hope the 07 treats you better.

Old 09-20-2006, 09:30 AM
Banned
That's good that you are keeping an open mind. It is a shame that you have had such crappy luck with your 05. I honestly have been 100% satisfied with my purchase throughout the last 3 years. I haven't had one single issue with it other than having the brakes replaced....and that was under warranty. I hope the 07 treats you better.
Believe me, I wish I was one of them. I've never had a car covered under lemon-law before, so that tends to put a bad taste on one's mouth.

We’ll see

Old 09-20-2006, 09:46 AM
Traveling Administrator
Believe me, I wish I was one of them. I've never had a car covered under lemon-law before, so that tends to put a bad taste on one's mouth.

We’ll see
No question at all it would leave a bad taste in your mouth. I had a POS lemon Ford 16 years ago and I haven't purchased another one since....doubt I ever will either.

Old 09-20-2006, 10:41 AM
Staff ALUMNI (retired)
Received 47 Likes on 39 Posts
No question at all it would leave a bad taste in your mouth. I had a POS lemon Ford 16 years ago and I haven't purchased another one since....doubt I ever will either.
^+1..
It's tough when it happens to you.

I had a GMC pickup that was absolute garbage..... (many years ago)
It was the last GM product for me.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Infiniti Studio On Wheels Review