G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

Updated G35 minisite

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-22-2006, 01:08 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Will there be any way to get the wheat interior with aluminum trim, or just rosewood?

Old 09-22-2006, 01:11 PM
Traveling Administrator
Received 175 Likes on 102 Posts
Originally Posted by Geniusjustin
Will there be any way to get the wheat interior with aluminum trim, or just rosewood?

Absolutely, the Rosewood is just an option. Aluminum comes standard.

Old 09-22-2006, 01:22 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by S L I C K
I want a 2007 Infiniti G35x AWD with the African Rosewood trim, but I like the front fascia and wheels on the G35 Sport better. ( The non-G35 Sport front fascia might look better in real life, but in the photos so far it doesn't. ). If I get the G35 Sport I lose the option of having African Rosewood trim and a softer ride. ( I'm not into feeling every bump in the road when I'm driving. ) I know none of you have driven the G35 Sport yet, but do you think that the ride in the G35 Sport will be a lot stiffer when compared to the G35x AWD? Thanks.
There have been reports of the sport suspension being too stiff and another that says not – a personal inspection of both will answer your question. Yes the G35x will be a softer ride; but again, I'm not sure how "stiff" the’07 G35s really is. I thought that the current generations’ Sport suspension was to firm in relation to the body rigidity - or lack thereof. This is supposed to be addressed and if it has, you can certainly have a firm setup and have a good ride w/good suspension design: AKA the '07 335i Sport.

Old 09-22-2006, 01:33 PM
sma
At least we can get the G35 Journey with the G35's sport wheels/tires (but not on the G35x).... I gotta get that wood trim.

http://www.nissannews.com/infiniti/2.../g35/specs.doc

"Performance Tire & Wheel Package: 225/50R18 front and 245/50R18 rear W-rated tires and 18-inch lightweight cast aluminum wheels (requires Premium Package or Sunroof)"

What do you all think about the stiffness that just the Sport's larger wheels and lower pro tires will add to a G35 Journey compared with what the Sport tuned suspension (etc.) adds? Looking to not have the real stiff ride but may go for the upgraded Tire/Wheel package. I guess what I am asking... about what percentage of the "more stiff ride" of the Sport would you say comes from the Wheels/Tires and what percentage comes from the rest of the Sport features?

thanks

Last edited by sma; 09-22-2006 at 01:45 PM.
Old 09-22-2006, 01:50 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Fog lights: According to the 9/06 spec doc, fog lights are standard. I'm assuming they're integrated in the headlight housing.

Card reader: Why compact flash? At least use SD cards! I started out with SmartMedia, then got SD for my PDA and now Canon S700IS, then my Sony Ericsson K750i cell phone takes MemoryStick. At least CF is cheap now a days.

Anyone know what the max memory size the reader allows? Imagine a 2GB limit:

1 CD = 700MB
In-dash + trunk changer = 7 CDs total
700MB x 7CDs = 4.9GB
Built-in hard drive = 9.5GB
Flash memory = 2GB

TOTAL: Over 16GB of MP3s! Too bad the system doesn't take in DVD audio. Then I would only need 3 DVDs and still have slots left for regular audio CDs. The IS350, according to C|Net, can play DVD movies, too, when you're in park and your ebrake's up.

Old 09-22-2006, 02:01 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by GoofyG28
Fog lights: According to the 9/06 spec doc, fog lights are standard. I'm assuming they're integrated in the headlight housing.
This answers my previous question then <see photo>

Originally Posted by GoofyG28
Card reader: Why compact flash? At least use SD cards! I started out with SmartMedia, then got SD for my PDA and now Canon S700IS, then my Sony Ericsson K750i cell phone takes MemoryStick. At least CF is cheap now a days.

Anyone know what the max memory size the reader allows? Imagine a 2GB limit:

1 CD = 700MB
In-dash + trunk changer = 7 CDs total
700MB x 7CDs = 4.9GB
Built-in hard drive = 9.5GB
Flash memory = 2GB

TOTAL: Over 16GB of MP3s! Too bad the system doesn't take in DVD audio. Then I would only need 3 DVDs and still have slots left for regular audio CDs. The IS350, according to C|Net, can play DVD movies, too, when you're in park and your ebrake's up.
Actually USB would have been the preferred connection as VW and others have already gone this route. 30 Gb HDD - 9.5 Gb allocated to music store as I understand it, so the reader is not the limiting factor. It could be a bottle neck, but at 10 Mb/Sec it should suffice. Yes the IS350 can play DVD video as you described, but there is an easy by-pass that can be implemented to defeat this "safety feature".

Attached Thumbnails Updated G35 minisite-g35lights.jpg  

Last edited by RLampke; 09-22-2006 at 02:06 PM.
Old 09-22-2006, 02:08 PM
Originally Posted by RLampke
Yes the IS350 can play DVD video as you described, but there is an easy by-pass that can be implemented to defeat this "safety feature".
Oh reeeeally? Do share! I wonder if you can add your own video input with the center-console RCA inputs. I'd love to attempt to play Wii inside the G35 cabin.

Anyone know what this is on the chrome lip? I'm guessing it's the rear-view camera.

Last edited by GoofyG28; 09-22-2006 at 02:37 PM.
Old 09-22-2006, 02:41 PM
1. What's the purpose of having the fog lights in the headlight housing? I thought the whole point was having them lower to the ground so the light the floor and less affected by the fog reflection when placed higher.

2. Regarding the Music Box....so I can only place songs on the HD if they're ripped from a CD I put in? I can play songs off the CF card, but I can't transfer music from the CF card to the HD? That's the worst thing ever! So I have to burn my music to a CD only to rip it to the HD.

Old 09-22-2006, 02:48 PM
Traveling Administrator
Originally Posted by DaCurryman
2. Regarding the Music Box....so I can only place songs on the HD if they're ripped from a CD I put in? I can play songs off the CF card, but I can't transfer music from the CF card to the HD? That's the worst thing ever! So I have to burn my music to a CD only to rip it to the HD.
While none of us know for sure, that is the way it is looking.

Old 09-22-2006, 02:49 PM
Banned
1. What's the purpose of having the fog lights in the headlight housing? I thought the whole point was having them lower to the ground so the light the floor and less affected by the fog reflection when placed higher.
Infiniti design signature unfortunately.

Your 50% correct. Yes you rip content from CD to the HDD, but you can also upload from CF to the HDD as well. You cannot however play off the CF as I understand it – which I’m surprised given the supported transfer rate of CF. What file typed besides MP3 are supported is not known either.

Old 09-22-2006, 02:51 PM
My Mazda6, Lexus, and even the current G35s (I swear I saw them) have integrated fogs. I think it's more for visibility of your vehicle to other drivers than for you to see the road during extreme fog conditions.

I think it does both. The CF slot is definitely for transfer. That was the whole point of having the reader. Playing MP3s off the card is actually what I'm not sure of. I factored that in my equation assuming it can. I think the CD ripping functionality is a nice additional feature, since I have tons of reg and MP3 CDs already.

Old 09-22-2006, 02:56 PM
Traveling Administrator

Your 50% correct. Yes you rip content from CD to the HDD, but you can also upload from CF to the HDD as well. You cannot however play off the CF as I understand it – which I’m surprised given the supported transfer rate of CF. What file typed besides MP3 are supported is not known either.
That is good to know Rich. I understood it the opposite. I understood that you can only rip from the CD and the CF slot is used only for playing MP3s.

Last edited by Garnet Canuck; 09-22-2006 at 03:17 PM.
Old 09-22-2006, 03:31 PM
Infiniti design signature unfortunately.
I was hoping it would be like the M shown here:
Updated G35 minisite-m_fog.jpg

That's good to know...I care less if I can't play off the CF card (altho it would be nice)...it's the transfer that I really want.

Does anyone know if I could use an IBM/Hitachi MicroDrive, which is a CF connection, but is not flash (it's just a small HD)? I ask, because I have a 1GB MicroDrive, so it would save me from buying a CF card.

Old 09-22-2006, 03:38 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by canuck
That is good to know Rich. I understood it the opposite. I understood that you can only rip from the CD and the CF slot is used only for playing MP3s.
You may be right as well, but it seems odd not to have transfer capabilities from the CF to HDD, given that it's intended design to begin with.

Old 09-22-2006, 03:41 PM
Traveling Administrator
You may be right as well, but it seems odd not to have transfer capabilities from the CF to HDD, given that it's intended design to begin with.
The only reason I thought that was because everything I have read to date has mentioned only the CD for ripping and nothing about the CF card. I guess we'll see soon.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Updated G35 minisite