G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

MSRP price for 1.5 years?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-04-2006, 03:17 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by John105
Nissan is already in big trouble, would they want to not sell the new car? 2k6's can't even sell for invoice (so they're satisfied giving part of their holback up), why would it go for list for 1.5 years? Maybe he's just frustrated with his current and past 1.5 years selling environment...
Nissan is in big trouble? Care to elaborate more? I know the sales are slowly dropping but anything other than that?

Old 10-04-2006, 03:30 PM
Received 47 Likes on 32 Posts
sales haven't really dropped that much except for the Q45 dinosaur

Old 10-04-2006, 04:31 PM
Originally Posted by GoofyG28
Yup, just did! And the manager is a lady, too, so I can't wait for her to b!tch at him. This was the dealership that I liked the most, because my coworker got his G35 coupe there. Plus, they're relatively new, so they're very competitive in price and negotiations.

I got my '06 G35 sedan there in April and got a better price there than from any other Bay area dealer. I had no issues dealing with them and dealt directly with the manager for my purchase. I do agree though that the response you received was uacceptable.

Old 10-04-2006, 06:05 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by dfrancisco
I got my '06 G35 sedan there in April and got a better price there than from any other Bay area dealer. I had no issues dealing with them and dealt directly with the manager for my purchase. I do agree though that the response you received was uacceptable.
It's good to know that Infiniti of Oakland isn't 100% unacceptable. Maybe I'll leverage off that e-mail and see if I can work directly with the manager. I was hoping to avoid all sales people and communicate only with the internet/fleet manager. Here's the GM's response -- very professional, 'cept I didn't like the word "counsel" too much. I was hoping for "I'll beat the crap out of him!".

Thank you for taking the time to e-mail me. Although painful for me to read both your comments and Ananth’s, I appreciate the input. I am appalled at what he wrote to you. I apologize. This is completely opposite of how we should treat our clients. His response was both unprofessional and unacceptable. He will be counseled.

If there is anything I can do please contact me. Again I thank you for providing me this feedback. As a manager I can not be everywhere at all times and your input will assist us in providing better service to our customers.

Old 10-04-2006, 06:37 PM
Staff ALUMNI
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Awesome, as you mentioned you should use that as part of your leverage. Fact is these cars won't be going for MSRP from day 1.

I doubt it will amount to much in the way of "counselling", but at least it'll be mentioned. Using that kind of sarcastic tone with a potential client is ridiculous. Were it me I'd have written them off entirely.

Old 10-04-2006, 09:12 PM
Here's more information from the same GM for anyone wanting a test drive in the Bay Area:

Thank you for giving us a second chance. I would be happy to deal with you in the purchase of your new car. Just this afternoon I received the information on our initial allocation of 2007 Sedans. We also will have a display/demo model available no later than October the 23rd. I will let you know when the vehicle arrives and perhaps we can meet at that time and you can be one of the first to test drive the new 2007 G35 sedan

Old 10-04-2006, 10:28 PM
Originally Posted by gowen
Nissan is in big trouble? Care to elaborate more? I know the sales are slowly dropping but anything other than that?
I'm a manager myself, and my management gut says this isn't something to simply shrug off...doesn't change the fact that the G35S looks like a really nice car, but business is business, selling it at list is a death knell.

"The Infiniti Division posted a sales decline of 26.4 percent versus the prior year."

http://www.theautochannel.com/news/2...01/020574.html

Nissan's U.S. sales are down 7 percent through August. Operating profits fell more than 25 percent in the most recent quarter.

http://www.sunjournal.com/index.php?storyid=176882

Last edited by John105; 10-04-2006 at 10:31 PM.
Old 10-04-2006, 11:11 PM
Infiniti has a lot to gain with the 2007 Infiniti G35. Selling the vehicle at list price or close to it won't help the situation.

Old 10-05-2006, 08:44 PM
He was just telling you what he saw in his dream.

Old 10-06-2006, 08:45 AM
Rated M

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by John105
I'm a manager myself, and my management gut says this isn't something to simply shrug off...doesn't change the fact that the G35S looks like a really nice car, but business is business, selling it at list is a death knell.

"The Infiniti Division posted a sales decline of 26.4 percent versus the prior year."

http://www.theautochannel.com/news/2...01/020574.html

Nissan's U.S. sales are down 7 percent through August. Operating profits fell more than 25 percent in the most recent quarter.

http://www.sunjournal.com/index.php?storyid=176882
The G represents a large share of the Infiniti lineup sales. It's natural for their sales to decline at the end of the generation with the new one on the way. The new sedan will no doubt improve the G volume.

Nissan now has the new Versa (which is doing very well), the new Altima and new Sentra coming in the next month or so. Their 4th quarter is expected to be very strong.

Old 10-06-2006, 08:51 AM
Staff ALUMNI
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
They do need it, Infiniti especially. FX sales are slumping, M sales are holding, but the Q and QX are total dogs. It's a shame Infiniti won't be getting the GTR.

Old 10-06-2006, 08:53 AM
Rated M

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
^ I read somewhere the QX may be dropped and there will be a new SUV around the Murano size coming out.

Old 10-06-2006, 08:16 PM
Originally Posted by RBull
The G represents a large share of the Infiniti lineup sales. It's natural for their sales to decline at the end of the generation with the new one on the way. The new sedan will no doubt improve the G volume.

Nissan now has the new Versa (which is doing very well), the new Altima and new Sentra coming in the next month or so. Their 4th quarter is expected to be very strong.
You're right, with the new G35 and upcoming revamp of the Z, as well as other products, things should get better. I just kind of cringe when cars are sold below invoice (like the 2k6 G35), it just means that things aren't great, or the list is so inflated that the cars sell like that. I just think it's not a good philosophy because those who don't drive a hard bargain get really burned. That's why I wouldn't want to pay list on a 2k7, just too much is unknown and with the track record, I'd feel better getting a discount.

Old 10-08-2006, 04:36 PM
Update: So the GM wrote to me today and claims that this is their last "order bank" day where they can order/customize models for Nov. Whether this is true or not, she offered to take down my order without a deposit, then we'll discuss pricing later -- with no obligation to purchase when the car arrives. She either believes that I really do want to do business with her, or she's just bluffing. I think it's the former, but can you ever really trust salespeople, especially someone whom you've never dealt with?

Either way, I've ordered a Lakeshore Slate 6MT with Premium, Nav, splash guards, and cargo net. We'll see what happens!

Old 10-09-2006, 12:48 PM
2007 G35 Sedans

Guys,

Infiniti of Fairfield may be the only dealer to admit that we will sell for less than MSRP. I'm not saying that 2007's will be sold at invoice, but we will definately not be holding our customer's feet to the fire with MSRP or over MSRP that some of the Bay Area dealers are pulling.

Please PM me if your interested in any new or pre-owned Infiniti or Volvo. We also offer very aggressive pricing on aftermarket and OEM Infiniti parts.

Furthermore, we will be hosting a G/Z meet at our dealership in the coming weeks.

-Infiniti of Fairfield

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: MSRP price for 1.5 years?