G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

The 07+ G35 Sedan - All Reviews

Old 05-22-2007, 11:47 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Add another award for the G35 sedan.

The Truth About Cars 10 Best Automobiles Going 2007

http://www.thetruthaboutcars.com/?p=3789

Infiniti G35

For years, Infiniti’s G Force have been the Rodney Dangerfield of automotive enthusiasts. “What's a Japanese sports sedan got to do to get a little respect around here?” they demanded. Wonder no more. Infiniti re-clad Nissan’s 350Z in a Savile Row dinner jacket and gave the G35 road manners aggressive enough to put a vicious little smile on the similarly “refreshed” 007. The smart-handling Infiniti G35 makes Lexus owners wonder what IS is, and forces 3-Series owners to check both their rear view mirrors and diminishing bank balances.

Old 05-22-2007, 11:50 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Old 05-22-2007, 01:08 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Heres another review from Autoblog:

http://www.autoblog.com/2007/05/22/i...5-s-follow-up/

bitchin exhaust note

Old 05-24-2007, 12:36 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Another review.
http://www.imakenews.com/infinitisco...pN2w+,b788nktc

April 16, 2007
Upscale Sedan Face-Off! Infiniti G35 versus BMW 335i.
Feature-by-Feature, the G35 Seals the Deal.

Infiniti’s G35 and BMW’s 335i are tough competitors in the upscale sport sedan class. With its 2007 makeover, the G35 is an even better car. But is it better than the BMW 335i?

How does the 2007 Infiniti G35 Sedan compare to the acknowledged benchmark in luxury sport sedans? Very well, it turns out. A thorough reengineering for 2007 has addressed the few gripes aimed at the G35 in previous years. But BMW doesn’t rest on its laurels, either. So which car has the edge?

The Infiniti G35 and BMW 335i sedans are close competitors in every area but price. With an MSRP of $31,450, the G35 is a bargain compared to the BMW 335i at an MSRP of $38,900. But price isn’t everything, or is it?

Both cars are quick, sporty, and fun to drive. Both have a sport suspension and the choice of a 6-speed stick or a responsive automatic transmission. Both sport attractive shapes that project both performance and elegance. Both are technological marvels, but the BMW iDrive uber-control still requires extensive study to operate while the Infiniti G35 is a paragon of simplicity and intuitive design. The G35’s superior execution wins this comparison. The G35’s entertainment and navigation systems are simply awesome. Like a souped up iPod, the entertainment system lets you rip and store 9.5 gigabytes of music. The nav system is a mind blower – so simple, yet so powerful – it’s like you let the genie out of the bottle. Then there is the intelligent cruise control, an autopilot for the road. The Infiniti G35 wins the tech tournament.

But these are sport sedans and motivation definitely earns bonus points. BMW put a couple of turbochargers on its venerable straight six and they really boost power. The trouble is, it is “boost” power and it comes on in spurts as the turbos spool up. The G35, on the other hand, provides equally impressive power from its 306-hp V6, but it is exceptionally smooth, linear, and easy to modulate. Nissan's 3.5-liter VQ V6 drives the G35's rear wheels or, alternatively, all four. All-wheel drive can be ordered for either car.

The standard tranny is a 6-speed manual in both cars and both are highly regarded, but at least one reviewer thought the G35’s stick made the BMW’s feel rubbery by comparison. Many buyers will go for the automatic, which is a no-cost option on the G35. Both can be shifted manually using paddle shifters. Reviewers say the BMW’s manumatic is fast and smooth, but the G35’s Ferrari-style paddles get kudos too. All things considered, the G35 edges out the BMW.

Ergonomics and comfort are huge items in luxury sport sedans. The 2007 G35 makeover focused much attention on the quality of materials, fit and finish, and function. The power adjustable steering wheel and driver’s seat share a memory that is very convenient when two drivers use the G35. Both cars have sport seats with power torso, side, and thigh adjustability. It’s a toss up really. The G35 is the more comfortable seat for regular driving.

Reviewers have given raves to both cars for their race-car-like handling, but the G35 also gets kudos when in cruising or commuting mode. The G35 offers 4-Wheel Active Steer, a system that turns the rear wheels slightly in aggressive cornering. It seems the G35 offers the best of both worlds in the handling face-off.

As luxury sedans, both the 2007 Infiniti G35 and the BMW 335i can be gussied up to the nines, but it is sporting capability that attracts prospective owners. In that regard, the G35 is a natural athlete and loves to perform. At the same time, the G35 is comfortable playing dress-up, and displays impeccable manners when luxury cruising is the assignment. All things considered, the G35 is the more versatile car and a veritable bargain when you consider the price gap.

Last edited by johnblaz2000; 05-24-2007 at 12:39 AM.
Old 05-24-2007, 09:04 AM
Old 06-17-2007, 05:21 PM
07G
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Motoring 2007 on TSN in Canada

Motoring 2007
All times are Eastern
Saturday, June 16 at 10:30am
Repeats
Tuesday, June 19 at 12:30pm
Wednesday, June 20 at 5:00am
Friday, June 22 at 12:30am
Feature Behind the wheel of the 2007 Porsche line-up!
Test Drive 2007 Infiniti G35x
A Better Way Forward Why Michelin is the tire of choice for Porsche
Newsbrief Nissan Versa Sedan
Quaker State Garage Today's engines demand the right motor oil
Kenzie's Korner How to appreciate a high performance car

Recorded this show without knowing the G was going to be the test drive. These guys loved the G!

Old 06-17-2007, 10:04 PM
Originally Posted by johnblaz2000
Another review.
http://www.imakenews.com/infinitisco...pN2w+,b788nktc

April 16, 2007
Upscale Sedan Face-Off! Infiniti G35 versus BMW 335i.
Feature-by-Feature, the G35 Seals the Deal.

Infiniti’s G35 and BMW’s 335i are tough competitors in the upscale sport sedan class. With its 2007 makeover, the G35 is an even better car. But is it better than the BMW 335i?

How does the 2007 Infiniti G35 Sedan compare to the acknowledged benchmark in luxury sport sedans? Very well, it turns out. A thorough reengineering for 2007 has addressed the few gripes aimed at the G35 in previous years. But BMW doesn’t rest on its laurels, either. So which car has the edge?

The Infiniti G35 and BMW 335i sedans are close competitors in every area but price. With an MSRP of $31,450, the G35 is a bargain compared to the BMW 335i at an MSRP of $38,900. But price isn’t everything, or is it?

Both cars are quick, sporty, and fun to drive. Both have a sport suspension and the choice of a 6-speed stick or a responsive automatic transmission. Both sport attractive shapes that project both performance and elegance. Both are technological marvels, but the BMW iDrive uber-control still requires extensive study to operate while the Infiniti G35 is a paragon of simplicity and intuitive design. The G35’s superior execution wins this comparison. The G35’s entertainment and navigation systems are simply awesome. Like a souped up iPod, the entertainment system lets you rip and store 9.5 gigabytes of music. The nav system is a mind blower – so simple, yet so powerful – it’s like you let the genie out of the bottle. Then there is the intelligent cruise control, an autopilot for the road. The Infiniti G35 wins the tech tournament.

But these are sport sedans and motivation definitely earns bonus points. BMW put a couple of turbochargers on its venerable straight six and they really boost power. The trouble is, it is “boost” power and it comes on in spurts as the turbos spool up. The G35, on the other hand, provides equally impressive power from its 306-hp V6, but it is exceptionally smooth, linear, and easy to modulate. Nissan's 3.5-liter VQ V6 drives the G35's rear wheels or, alternatively, all four. All-wheel drive can be ordered for either car.

The standard tranny is a 6-speed manual in both cars and both are highly regarded, but at least one reviewer thought the G35’s stick made the BMW’s feel rubbery by comparison. Many buyers will go for the automatic, which is a no-cost option on the G35. Both can be shifted manually using paddle shifters. Reviewers say the BMW’s manumatic is fast and smooth, but the G35’s Ferrari-style paddles get kudos too. All things considered, the G35 edges out the BMW.

Ergonomics and comfort are huge items in luxury sport sedans. The 2007 G35 makeover focused much attention on the quality of materials, fit and finish, and function. The power adjustable steering wheel and driver’s seat share a memory that is very convenient when two drivers use the G35. Both cars have sport seats with power torso, side, and thigh adjustability. It’s a toss up really. The G35 is the more comfortable seat for regular driving.

Reviewers have given raves to both cars for their race-car-like handling, but the G35 also gets kudos when in cruising or commuting mode. The G35 offers 4-Wheel Active Steer, a system that turns the rear wheels slightly in aggressive cornering. It seems the G35 offers the best of both worlds in the handling face-off.

As luxury sedans, both the 2007 Infiniti G35 and the BMW 335i can be gussied up to the nines, but it is sporting capability that attracts prospective owners. In that regard, the G35 is a natural athlete and loves to perform. At the same time, the G35 is comfortable playing dress-up, and displays impeccable manners when luxury cruising is the assignment. All things considered, the G35 is the more versatile car and a veritable bargain when you consider the price gap.
When I first read this "review", I couldn't believe it. I mean I believe and agree to some point on alot of what is written - but have never seen any review that downplays the 335. Then I clicked on the link and realized it's just some marketing thing from Infiniti. Makes sense now.

Old 07-20-2007, 10:03 PM
Check out Motor Trend August 07

Cover story: The King is Dead

Infiniti G37 beats BMW 335i coupe!!!!!

Old 08-10-2007, 01:24 AM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
2007 G35x observations from a 2004 G35x owner

(From spending a couple of hours driving it)

More HP

Gauges

Dislikes:

I’m not sure that I like overall redesign

Looks of the front grille, headlights, hood, bump out of taillights

Acceleration too touchy - It is very difficult to accelerate slowly

The A/T manual shift mode should be on the passenger side. Too easy to pull left and engage it.

Lack of tilt of info screen causes display problems in certain sun angles. The older Navigation screen was better.

Too much bright chrome and brushed aluminum in peripheral view of driver.

Bright chrome trim of rear window is distracting.

Center counsel storage lacks grooves to allow cords to exit.

The drivers seat feels less comfortable.

Window switches on door sit too high. It is too easy to lower the windows.

Chrome edged rear spoiler – but Stillen has a solution

Lack of an “Aero Kit” like my 2004
Where is the “sport” version of the X? Do I have to buy an Audi or BMW to get AWD and sport features?

Looks like I'll be waiting a while longer for my next ride. That Audi S5 is sure looking nice in pictures, can't wait to see the real deal.

Last edited by ActionAl; 08-10-2007 at 01:52 AM. Reason: formatting
Old 08-10-2007, 02:16 PM
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
To correct the seat problem, get the Sport.

Old 09-26-2007, 07:11 PM
New owner, '07 Infiniti G35S w/all the trimmings (save Navi). My initial impressions are favorable for every aspect of the car. I test drove several other competitors, i.e. the Lexus IS 350, The Audi A4 Quattro (I love AWD), and the C-class Mercedes.

I got better than a good deal on my Infiniti, so bang-for-buck I think Infiniti has a serious competitor on their hands to fend off the others. Good power, plenty of luxury features to place it squarely in the market with the previously undisputed sport sedan champions, and a great redesign to capture that eye-candy searching buyer.

I know the styling is actually the one point which seems to have generated the most controversy, especially since for many the performance and luxury aspects were the deciding factors, styling and design queues second. However, I certainly think the properly-equipped G35 sedan is a very delicious design to see, and certainly has its sex appeal.

I was a little disappointed with the car in its base-model trim; I feel the factory-included wheel-and-tire package actually detract from the curvy nature of the design, which is only properly accentuated once the buyer adds the performance wheel package. Otherwise, the car loses a rather significant amount of its classy, sport-tuned appearance. At least, for me it did.

Plus, in base-model trim, I didn't appreciate the lack of certain interior features that makes the car so luxurious to drive...but then, I suppose that's why there are other packages to add to it, right?

I do agree with some of the negative feedback...throttle response is touchy-feely and difficult to govern. Also, while it doesn't bother me in the least, the ride of the G35--and especially the S--doesn't ride like a luxury sedan, and I can see how some who purchased the car primarily for its luxury aspects may be a little disappointed. Personally, I absolutely love the tighter suspension, which gives the car a much lighter, snap-in-your-step feel.

Also, there's a fairly significant blind spot--perhaps in the typical sedan position--but still an annoyance and rather unnerving when attempting to change lanes in moderate to heavy traffic. I don't like that an entire automobile can hide there, if you're not looking for it. So I have to be on my toes and know how to twist my body so that I can see more of the blind spot, and not let it screw me during a lane change or turn.

Other than those two issues, the car is a design success, in my opinion. I think the redesign--just from a visual perspective--was a nice addition and a good progression for the G-series sedan, since I always felt that--while the previous generations looked good--they came across as 'just-another-sedan', and seemed to lack a personality of sorts. The redesign has addressed that, I feel, and to some the additional personality isn't a positive, but I think most will agree the change was for the better. More curve, more blister to the fenders, more definition toward the luxury class, a kind of perfect balance for the sport-sedan-***-luxury-saloon ideal. Bravo, Infiniti.

Oh...and how about that exhaust note? If that isn't engine music, I don't know what is.

An interesting note, however, is that when I went to the website to check on the various available options, I noticed two interesting things about the S model:

1). According to the website, it doesn't come in Ivory Pearl (mine is Ivory Pearl)

2). The options selection doesn't allow you to specify a sunroof and the spoiler option together. It's one or the other, but not both. (Mine has both)

LOL...just a little something interesting I noticed.

Old 10-20-2007, 10:02 PM
Here is a new review from Car and Driver for the 07 g35x: http://www.caranddriver.com/shortroa...-g35x-awd.html

Old 10-21-2007, 06:16 PM
Received 137 Likes on 128 Posts
Here's the USNews review site, it lists the G35 8th in upscale sedans, and it's performance rating is below the Acura TL and the MB C class, so it doesn't appear that the tester behind the wheel knows how to drive these cars, lol

http://usnews.rankingsandreviews.com...-Midsize-Cars/

Old 11-06-2007, 08:30 PM
Originally Posted by blnewt
Here's the USNews review site, it lists the G35 8th in upscale sedans, and it's performance rating is below the Acura TL and the MB C class, so it doesn't appear that the tester behind the wheel knows how to drive these cars, lol

http://usnews.rankingsandreviews.com...-Midsize-Cars/
Actually, it doesn't look like they drove the car at all. If you look at the intro to the article, it says that the rankings are based on an analysis of other published reviews. Lame!

Old 11-18-2007, 08:57 PM
Received 85 Likes on 73 Posts
G35x
Video review of G35X from Russia.

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 1.00 average.

Quick Reply: The 07+ G35 Sedan - All Reviews