G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

2007 G35 walkaround Video from Dealership

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-14-2006, 07:59 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Very nice! Thanks for the video,

Does anyone know why the 18" wheels option is available on every non sport model except AWD? I'm in Canada and with snow, G35X will be the model of choice. I'll be really disappointed though if you can't get the 18" wheel option with it.

Of course I could go aftermarket but it's going to be costly with having to replace the summer tires as well. That's one of the thing I like about BMW...you can choose the option you want.

Anyway, does anybody have an explanation as to why the 18" wheels can't be added to the g35x model?

Old 10-14-2006, 08:12 PM
N50
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by coldcase
Very nice! Thanks for the video,

Does anyone know why the 18" wheels option is available on every non sport model except AWD? I'm in Canada and with snow, G35X will be the model of choice. I'll be really disappointed though if you can't get the 18" wheel option with it.

Of course I could go aftermarket but it's going to be costly with having to replace the summer tires as well. That's one of the thing I like about BMW...you can choose the option you want.

Anyway, does anybody have an explanation as to why the 18" wheels can't be added to the g35x model?
I was told by my dealer that if I ordered an AWD model (I'm in Kalamazoo, MI. We get lake effect snow), I could get the 18'' wheels. Unfortunately, they would have to be in addition to the standard 17''s that already come on the car. I'm sure the bolt pattern and offset will be the same on both models. So you should be able to get the 18''s with the AWD, you just have to pay extra for them.

Old 10-14-2006, 09:32 PM
Originally Posted by N50
I was told by my dealer that if I ordered an AWD model (I'm in Kalamazoo, MI. We get lake effect snow), I could get the 18'' wheels. Unfortunately, they would have to be in addition to the standard 17''s that already come on the car. I'm sure the bolt pattern and offset will be the same on both models. So you should be able to get the 18''s with the AWD, you just have to pay extra for them.

Thanks. I'll just have to check what the price they charge will be though. I'm sure the performance tire and wheel package: https://pictures.dealer.com/infiniti...db07fc61d1.pdf

doesn't cost $4000. Not saying that's what they will ask for them but if they get them like if they were parts they'll charge major bucks for them.

Old 10-14-2006, 09:37 PM
Traveling Administrator
Received 175 Likes on 102 Posts
Originally Posted by coldcase
Thanks. I'll just have to check what the price they charge will be though. I'm sure the performance tire and wheel package: https://pictures.dealer.com/infiniti...db07fc61d1.pdf

doesn't cost $4000. Not saying that's what they will ask for them but if they get them like if they were parts they'll charge major bucks for them.
If it were me, I would just use your stock 17s for winter and purchase aftermarket 18s. The 18s that are available from Infiniti are nice, but IMHO you could get nicer ones aftermarket......and probably cheaper too. I would guess that the Sport wheels from Infiniti will be pricey.

Old 10-14-2006, 10:07 PM
Originally Posted by canuck
If it were me, I would just use your stock 17s for winter and purchase aftermarket 18s. The 18s that are available from Infiniti are nice, but IMHO you could get nicer ones aftermarket......and probably cheaper too. I would guess that the Sport wheels from Infiniti will be pricey.
Yep...I feel that will be the way it's going to go.

Old 10-14-2006, 10:35 PM
N50
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by canuck
Well...you never know. I have an account with my infiniti parts dept. (I'm in the aftermarket business) and they are the cheapest ones one it comes to buying the 20" Goodyear Eagles for the FX. I guess since Goodyear tires can be bought a variety of places, they have to be competitive.

I would probably go the aftermarket route as well. You'll probably find a design you like better anyway.

Old 10-14-2006, 10:51 PM
Originally Posted by DaCurryman
Hey Slick, which dealer did you hit up that had them side by side?
Ramsey Infiniti
535 Route 17
Ramsey, NJ 07446