G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

Bluetooth Compatibility

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-16-2006, 06:25 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bluetooth Compatibility

Does anyone have a list of supported bluetooth cell phones for the new G? Thanks to Verizon's "new every two" deal, it's time for a new phone and just want to make sure I'm compatible for the (God-willing) future!

Old 10-16-2006, 09:03 PM
Originally Posted by Geniusjustin
Does anyone have a list of supported bluetooth cell phones for the new G? Thanks to Verizon's "new every two" deal, it's time for a new phone and just want to make sure I'm compatible for the (God-willing) future!

It would bea pretty ****ty bluetooth system if it didn't support any phone you could get with verizon

Old 10-17-2006, 12:10 AM
Originally Posted by Geniusjustin
I'd like to know if it works with the Motorola Q since that's what I have.

Justin...you might wanna see when this will come out...
http://www.engadgetmobile.com/2006/1...motorazr-maxx/

Old 10-17-2006, 07:36 AM
G (enie) FUNK ERA
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I have the LG VX8100.

That sucker better work!

Old 10-17-2006, 07:57 AM
Traveling Administrator
Received 175 Likes on 102 Posts
From a technical standpoint, why wouldn't any phone equipped with industry standard bluetooth work? Bluetooth, like Wireless APs operate in the 2.4ghz ISM band. If you have a phone that complies with the Bluetooth standard, than I don't see any reason why it wouldn't work with the G......from a technical standpoint that is.

Old 10-17-2006, 10:49 AM
Banned
As I understand it, the following conditions must be met in order to execute this:

1. Phone must have the Bluetooth hands-free profile
2. This profile must be existing [registered] w/the on-board Bluetooth device

Given that, it is very possible that certain phones will NOT be able to work w/this system. The dealer should be able to answer this in regards to specific models.

Old 10-17-2006, 11:37 AM
I think the days of bt incompatability are largely over. Unless you have a VERY old bt phone, you really dont need to worry about compatability.

I use a lg 8100 with my 06 fine. The dealer swore up and down that it wouldnt work because it wasnt on the "list" but it works just fine.

The system on the 06 anyway is very indepenent of the phone, that is it uses a seperate phone book and voice recogntion. My bros in laws motorola system he had installed in his mercedes uses the phone's internal address book and voice recognition. I think those systems are prob much more sensitive to compatability issues.

Old 10-17-2006, 11:49 AM
Received 47 Likes on 32 Posts
out of all the cars i've delivered to new clients i have not yet had any trouble with any compatibility with a bluetooth cell phone. the only phone i seem to have trouble with is the treo650 b/c people never adjust their security to have their car as a trusted device. other than that it works out well.

one thing the 2007 G bluetooth i like over my current 2006 is that it will show the phone number on the screen while i have to look at my cell phone to see who's calling in the 2006 G

Old 10-17-2006, 12:08 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by da mayor
one thing the 2007 G bluetooth i like over my current 2006 is that it will show the phone number on the screen while i have to look at my cell phone to see who's calling in the 2006 G
The '06 Bluetooth implementation is the worst in-car integration I've ever seen. It looks like it was developed by Fisher-Price.

Old 10-17-2006, 12:21 PM
Received 47 Likes on 32 Posts
it's a simple unit but hey it works fine for what it is.

Old 10-17-2006, 01:11 PM
My LG VX8300 works just fine with the bluetooth in my 06.

Old 10-18-2006, 11:51 AM
Originally Posted by RLampke
The '06 Bluetooth implementation is the worst in-car integration I've ever seen. It looks like it was developed by Fisher-Price.
Uhmm you need to check out the mercedes implementation. Its an addin option from motorola, no integration to ANY of the phone buttons or funcionality in the car.
The 06 bt is not perfect, but it works.

Old 10-21-2006, 10:25 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
On my way back from the Zoom Zoom Live event in Alameda, CA, I dropped by the same Oakland dealership again to check out the Slate Blue. It was definitely very dark gray gunmetal looking, both inside the showroom and outside. One customer took it for a test drive. After he came back, I had all the time in the world to play with the display system. I was pleasantly surprise to find my Sony Ericsson K750i cellphone paired with the car system and making phone calls -- all in less than 1 minute. It couldn't be easier. I called my cousin who came with me to the dealership, just so I can test the clarity of the conversation. It was not bad. There were some echoes, and when I talked on his cell from the outside, I could sometimes hear my own voice picked up by the car's mic. When we both talked, everything was choppier. Overall, however, I was satisfied by the fast and easy setup, and the sound was pretty good. I didn't get to try the BT while the car's in drive, though. I wonder if the other person on the phone can hear your engine/exhaust.

Old 10-22-2006, 04:32 PM
To answer the original question now.

The lsit of compatible phone is found on the (are you ready?) Infinit web site.

http://www.infiniti.com/bluetooth/

And yes the Motorola Q does work although it is not on the list yet.

Old 10-22-2006, 04:38 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Nice find, Chriss! Not a very exhaustive list, but maybe Infiniti hasn't updated it in a while.

If you're concerned about your phone model, I suggest you go to your nearest dealer and just pair it up and see for yourself. Takes only seconds.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Bluetooth Compatibility