G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

RCA's in the center console (iPod)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-22-2009, 06:53 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
my sedan has the actual ipod cable connected to an adapter for my iphone/ipod but i hate it because it never stays connected and the music stops...i even bought an extra ipod Nano to try instead of my Iphone but that didnt make a difference...I wish i had these aux connects to use something like this^

does anyone have a 2nd gen sedan with this problem?

Old 08-22-2009, 07:53 PM
Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts
if you use an aux connector and connect it to like an example ipod touch you can watch movies from the touch, but the screen is kinda small, but it gets the job done.

I am using the pac. I am running both the ipod connector and the aux. with the ipod connector i can charge my ipod and listen to music at the same time. and use the steering wheel remote to control the songs. The quality of the music is far superior than CDs IMO.

as for aux there is no charging, but you get the surround sound feel in the car. and you can control the music from the ipod.

Old 08-22-2009, 09:09 PM
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
I just went to radio shack and bought one, it works great!

Old 08-23-2009, 08:26 AM
Im gonna go back to the dealership and see if they can replace my ipod connect or fix it somehow...damn..i wish i had the aux thing with the red..white..and yellow ports in my car

Old 08-23-2009, 09:42 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I've tried connecting my iPhone 3G with the RCA-to-iPhone/iPod connector cable... but to no avail.

Anyone else have issues with this? I don't care about watching movies or videos; I just want listen to my iPhone music.

Old 08-23-2009, 10:53 AM
Received 85 Likes on 74 Posts
My iPhone works flawlessly in the G, both for calls as well as for listening to music.
I didn't mess around with trying several different less expensive cables though.
I just bought the $50- Apple cable with the wide Apple device plug on one end and the white, red, yellow and USB plugs on the other.

Works great.

Old 08-23-2009, 12:38 PM
^^ this is exactly what I'm talking about I have a 2nd gen sedan also and sometimes my iPhone music will work and sometimes it says this device doesn't not support this iPhone or something like that...do I just need an adapter or something to make the iPhone work with the factory ipod connect?

Old 08-23-2009, 02:10 PM
Received 85 Likes on 74 Posts
My friend has an 08 and sees thus message sometimes. (he uses the integration cable) Even though the message comes up, his music still plays. I have never once seen the message in my 07.

Old 08-24-2009, 04:30 PM
mine will cut in and out in and out until i get sick of it and put a cd on haha

Old 08-25-2009, 11:24 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I found two solutions to the ipod problem.

1) Bought a cable that connects to the ipod connection area with 1 cord

---E and splits into three cords. Audio,VIdeo and Charger.

This eliminated 100 different cords. Allows for much better sound quality, as the sound is now adjusted only by the car.

2) The second idea involves a bit more, but I will do this in a litte bit. On ebay you can get for sale, an ipod docking station with remote control and rca jacks built in. I'm planning to disassemble the docking station and make it fit into the arm rest. This will allow for good sound..and remote control from the steering wheel. Still, the downside is you can't see the song titles on the navi screen

Old 08-25-2009, 01:41 PM
Received 116 Likes on 110 Posts
Originally Posted by kinzer
I found two solutions to the ipod problem.

1) Bought a cable that connects to the ipod connection area with 1 cord

---E and splits into three cords. Audio,VIdeo and Charger.

This eliminated 100 different cords. Allows for much better sound quality, as the sound is now adjusted only by the car.

2) The second idea involves a bit more, but I will do this in a litte bit. On ebay you can get for sale, an ipod docking station with remote control and rca jacks built in. I'm planning to disassemble the docking station and make it fit into the arm rest. This will allow for good sound..and remote control from the steering wheel. Still, the downside is you can't see the song titles on the navi screen
Curious; Is this iPod dock 12v or AC. Please post a link.

Old 08-25-2009, 03:06 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
http://cgi.ebay.com/Universal-iDock-for-iPhone-iPod-Video-Remote_W0QQitemZ250432899072QQcmdZViewItemQQptZOther_MP3_Player_Accessories?hash=item3a4ef6c800&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14
something like this. My only concern is that it's an IR sensor..which means I'll have to figure out how to install this thing somehow.

Old 08-30-2009, 09:19 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I have that same problem with my RCA's cutting in and out. Is this a common problem? I even took the gold plated heavy duty RCA wires to see if I get a better connection and it did not. Also, when I do get sound, it only comes out of the right passenger speaker. Kinda poor craftsman ship for a luxury sedan.

Old 09-03-2009, 03:43 AM
Originally Posted by lefizzet
True, but no video and more importantly (for me anyway) no charging.
My old iPod and my iPhone drain fast when playing music, and it's worth the 40 bucks to be able to charge my iPhone so I don't have to worry about it dying during the day and on longer trips I can listen to music the whole way.

It really depends on that.

Old 09-03-2009, 06:08 AM
Sorry for the noob question but I have an 09 G and I have my Ipod plugged in fine with the cord they provided. Works fine. Where could I find one cord that has both the Audio/Video connector (red/white/yellow) as well as the other Infintii connector?

I think the other cords mentioned here are only for certain generation ipods (older ones) or iphones?

Sorry if this has been answered already. Help would be appreciated.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: RCA's in the center console (iPod)