Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-09-2009, 11:26 PM
Received 46 Likes on 42 Posts
You need to have the ebrake engaged.

Old 02-27-2010, 05:55 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
issues with rca video output

Hey guys, just picked up my new ride today. I have been lurking here for a couple of weeks and have picked up alot of great info. I am coming from a Saab 9-3 and loved being able to have an AUX jack for my ipod. In reading all the threads I knew the hookup would be different with the G and bought a cable for the rca jacks. Music plays but only out of the left side of the car when hooked up, and with the emergency brake engaged the video out on the ipod, I get a scrambled screen. Kinda like you get when you were a kid trying to watch channels on cable that you dont get.

So my question is, did I get a bad cable or is my system messed up some how? I am sure that I have done everything needed to make this work.

Any suggestions?

*edit - i guess it would help to know that I picked up an 07 g35x with premium package, no nav

Old 02-27-2010, 08:23 PM
Received 116 Likes on 110 Posts
^ It should work as you have described. Depending on what 3.5mm/RCA cable you have, you may try switching the colors to different ports in the car. Yellow (on the cable) may actually be an audio rather than video. This has been the case for some. Just experiment. I would try a different cable too.

Old 03-05-2010, 12:43 AM
I got an '07 sedan recently and didn't realize that infiniti didn't include the ipod integration until '08. However, I just use the RCA plugs in the center console to play my ipod and iphone even when driving. The message on the nav screen will say something about resuming video when car is stopped, but the audio plays through it just fine.

I'm fairly sure newer ipods and iphones have a lock out for some third party cables, making sure you can only use an apple specific cable. So if you're having problems and have a newer ipod, this could be the case. I got an apple RCA cable with a built in charging port that I plug into the cigarette lighter in the center console too.

Another problem I encountered with this is when its playing music and charging at the same time, there is a high pitched humming noise that is pretty noticeable and annoying. You can just unplug the charger, but if you want to charge and listen, you're going to need a "ground loop isolator". This plugs in between the car's audio RCA ports and the RCA cable connected to your ipod. It's a passive device so it doesn't need any external power supply. As far as I can tell, its a noticeable difference. Every once in awhile I can hear something, but overall the noise is gone. Just a heads up in case people have the same problem. I didn't know what it was at first and someone else on the forum helped me out so I'm just sharin' the knowledge.

Old 03-05-2010, 11:01 AM
Originally Posted by maxfactor
I got an '07 sedan recently and didn't realize that infiniti didn't include the ipod integration until '08. However, I just use the RCA plugs in the center console to play my ipod and iphone even when driving. The message on the nav screen will say something about resuming video when car is stopped, but the audio plays through it just fine.

I'm fairly sure newer ipods and iphones have a lock out for some third party cables, making sure you can only use an apple specific cable. So if you're having problems and have a newer ipod, this could be the case. I got an apple RCA cable with a built in charging port that I plug into the cigarette lighter in the center console too.

Another problem I encountered with this is when its playing music and charging at the same time, there is a high pitched humming noise that is pretty noticeable and annoying. You can just unplug the charger, but if you want to charge and listen, you're going to need a "ground loop isolator". This plugs in between the car's audio RCA ports and the RCA cable connected to your ipod. It's a passive device so it doesn't need any external power supply. As far as I can tell, its a noticeable difference. Every once in awhile I can hear something, but overall the noise is gone. Just a heads up in case people have the same problem. I didn't know what it was at first and someone else on the forum helped me out so I'm just sharin' the knowledge.
I think that was me...
Glad to here it worked for you! What GLI did you end up buying? Got a pic?

Old 03-05-2010, 11:13 AM
Hey, yea that was you. Thanks again!

I first bought one from radioshack since it was cheap and the quickest option, but it only had female ports, so I need to buy an adapter too which I didn't want to do since that's just extra hardware between the ipod and the speakers. So instead I just got a PAC SNI-1 from crutchfield. Here's the link:

http://www.crutchfield.com/p_127SNI1...1.html?tp=2653

Old 03-22-2010, 05:36 PM
I've ridden in a car that had a DVD playing on the nav while the car was moving and honestly it just kind of made me feel sick.

Old 03-23-2010, 12:04 AM
-MN G Crew-

Received 205 Likes on 157 Posts
^lol wonder whose car that was... *shifty eyes* i dont use that feature. Really stupid IMO lol

BTW our 08 has the ipod cable. Is that standard in all 08s then?

Old 03-23-2010, 12:44 AM
Received 46 Likes on 42 Posts
^^ I know it comes on 08's but I'm pretty sure it's in one of the packages, prem/tech I'm not sure.

Old 03-24-2010, 10:59 AM
Originally Posted by Wannabe6MT
BTW our 08 has the ipod cable. Is that standard in all 08s then?
Its standard on all 08's with Premium. The easy to use iPod interface is one of my favorite features in my car.

Back to the video discussion, I'm about to purchase this AUX video cable for my video iPod:

http://www.inspiretech.com/p-112-uni...ble-black.aspx

Granted I know I won't use the video feature often, but it'll come in handy when I'm waiting for the on various occasions. I can watch an episode of "Breaking Bad" while I wait.

Old 02-21-2011, 11:36 PM
Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
Sound quality?

You'll have to let me know how it sounds. Just bought an 08 g35x w/out premium package and I do not have the "factory cord" that came w/ it. I too have a video ipod and was wanting to listen to music, I would seldom watch any videos. First, would I even be able to watch videos on the screen if I do not have nav or premium package? Secondly, I am assuming this audio video cable does not charge while driving? Any easy suggestions for charging while I'm driving?

Old 02-22-2011, 12:31 AM
Received 53 Likes on 45 Posts
Just bypass it and have fun lol......Just don't be fooling around with it when your driving.

Oh yeah you won't get any video out of a composite to a 3.5mm. No way unless your running an app that allows you to

Old 02-22-2011, 08:42 PM
Originally Posted by lak3shor3_slat3
so you can listen to ipod/iphone music through those aux cables?
You sure can, I listen to my iPod via the RCA jacks every day.

Old 02-22-2011, 11:06 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by ilovemyskyline
If you get this plus a cheap usb car cigarette lighter adapter ($6 at best buy) you can listen, charge and watch (if your car isn't moving) your iPod or iPhone.

The reason why that thing is so expensive is because apple puts chips in all of their ipods and stuff so they can rack up the price.

This is what I did and it works perfect.

Also this little groove is so the wire can come outside of the center console without having to leave it open:
hey man, where did you get that console part with the groove? the link you posted doesn't work..

Old 02-23-2011, 07:57 AM
^ It comes like this from the factory. 07 (and up) Sedans