G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

Dealer called and said my 2007 is here!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-30-2006, 08:50 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dealer called and said my 2007 is here!

Two weeks early! At first I was excited. I told him to put a Sold sign on it and not to demo it. He told me the car already has 26 miles on it, from the dock, and from the test drive in Japan.

Does 26 miles seem right? What do you think?

Old 10-30-2006, 09:00 PM
Originally Posted by RockyR
Two weeks early! At first I was excited. I told him to put a Sold sign on it and not to demo it. He told me the car already has 26 miles on it, from the dock, and from the test drive in Japan.

I don't think 26 is that important, but I believe normally a car should have between 6-10 miles on it. My mom's CR-V had 8, my ex g/f's 325 had 9, my friend's Avalon had 7. My Nissan had 56 because it was used for test drives before I bought it. I told myself next time I wont pay the same price if it's been used like that.

I think it's more up to you--if they're saying it was used for a test drive in Japan, then it sounds about right. Good luck with the new car!

Old 10-30-2006, 09:05 PM
Originally Posted by John105
I don't think 26 is that important, but I believe normally a car should have between 6-10 miles on it. My mom's CR-V had 8, my ex g/f's 325 had 9, my friend's Avalon had 7. My Nissan had 56 because it was used for test drives before I bought it. I told myself next time I wont pay the same price if it's been used like that.

I think it's more up to you--if they're saying it was used for a test drive in Japan, then it sounds about right. Good luck with the new car!
Thanks!

I think the salesman was referring to the quality control test ride. My 2003 G had a certificate in the glovebox, complete with the test driver's name. I don't remember if it had mileage number on it though.

I truly hope the car wasn't demoed at the lot or somewhere else. What's the first thing *you* would do if you got in a new 2007G?

Old 10-30-2006, 09:11 PM
Here's a question for you

How/why did the dealer know the mileage right off the tip of his tongue? I was speaking to him on the phone, and he knows the exact mileage??

Old 10-30-2006, 09:16 PM
Mine had 27km on it when I picked it up last Monday. Afterall, they do have to go through a test drive. Even when it arrived at New Westminster, a driver has to bring it onto a train car. I am not worried really.

Now just over 300km...

Old 10-30-2006, 09:22 PM
26 miles seems abit lot for me cuz its a brand new car and 26miles is along distance. I dont think it was use just for quality inspections. my car had 8 miles on it, but b4 we went with that dealer, the first dealer gave me an 05 with 71 miles on it. Ya bs rite, well my father bargain them down and down becuase the mileage was that high up.

anything 10 or lower is perfect for new car. anyhigher start bargaining.
but it is a new car model so u might have no choice but ben over and take it like a man.

Old 10-30-2006, 09:24 PM
Originally Posted by mhleung
Mine had 27km on it when I picked it up last Monday. Afterall, they do have to go through a test drive. Even when it arrived at New Westminster, a driver has to bring it onto a train car. I am not worried really.

Now just over 300km...
Well, that's only 16 miles, right? Mine has 26 miles. Kind of suspicious. He originally told me the car was due in on Nov 17th. Then, out of the blue, today it's here. I wonder whether they simply traded with another dealer. I googled the directions to the nearest dealer: it's 21 miles away!

If the car was simply traded, that's one thing. But the idea of a bunch of saleman taking turns putting 20 hard miles on the car, that another! Please, more consolation please. Should I ask for a bill of lading, pics of it being unloaded? Should I smell the dipstick?

Old 10-30-2006, 09:28 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I understand at the factory they randomly select cars for a test drive. Is this correct?

Old 10-30-2006, 09:46 PM
Correction!

I emailed the dealer with my concerns. He told me the car has 13 miles, not 26! Don't know how I misheard that, but I am relieved!

Old 10-30-2006, 10:18 PM
I emailed the dealer with my concerns. He told me the car has 13 miles, not 26! Don't know how I misheard that, but I am relieved!
LMAO you poptard, goo get ur brand new G35 2007 model u lucky dog. enjoy it cuz 13 is reasonably good enough. hurry and post videos of it, and some night shots of the headlights. omg plz take some night shots of the headlights.

enjoy

Old 10-30-2006, 10:31 PM
Originally Posted by NonAme
LMAO you poptard, goo get ur brand new G35 2007 model u lucky dog. enjoy it cuz 13 is reasonably good enough. hurry and post videos of it, and some night shots of the headlights. omg plz take some night shots of the headlights.

enjoy
Yeah, I'm a dope. Hey, maybe the dealer only quoted me $20k instead of 40K?

Hope I like the Platinum Graphite. I've been kind of envious the last few days of those Lakeshore Blue pics...

Old 10-30-2006, 10:41 PM
Waxer
Well, that's only 16 miles, right? Mine has 26 miles. Kind of suspicious. He originally told me the car was due in on Nov 17th. Then, out of the blue, today it's here. I wonder whether they simply traded with another dealer. I googled the directions to the nearest dealer: it's 21 miles away!

If the car was simply traded, that's one thing. But the idea of a bunch of saleman taking turns putting 20 hard miles on the car, that another! Please, more consolation please. Should I ask for a bill of lading, pics of it being unloaded? Should I smell the dipstick?
If the car was traded with another dealer then the window sticker will have the others dealers name on it.

Mine fyi had 16 miles on it which my dealer said was about right.

Last edited by Sedanman07; 10-30-2006 at 11:03 PM.
Old 10-30-2006, 10:47 PM
Originally Posted by sedanman2007
If the car was traded with another dealer then the wndow sticker will have the others dealers name on it.

Mine fyi had 16 miles on it which my dealer said was about right.
Thanks sedanman. I'll check it out tomorrow. I did contact the dealer, and he said he told me 13 miles, not 26. He said "Have faith."

Anyway, looks like I'm gonna pick it up tomorrow. Just wondering whether I should spring for the 3M clear bra.

Old 10-30-2006, 11:02 PM
Waxer
Thanks sedanman. I'll check it out tomorrow. I did contact the dealer, and he said he told me 13 miles, not 26. He said "Have faith."

Anyway, looks like I'm gonna pick it up tomorrow. Just wondering whether I should spring for the 3M clear bra.
You're welcome. My 2003.5 front end was so badly sand blasted. So on my '07 I'm having the dealer put the 3M on. Depends where you live I guess but for me it's a must. I got the dealer to sell it to me for cost $350.

Old 10-31-2006, 03:41 AM
Originally Posted by sedanman2007
You're welcome. My 2003.5 front end was so badly sand blasted. So on my '07 I'm having the dealer put the 3M on. Depends where you live I guess but for me it's a must. I got the dealer to sell it to me for cost $350.
Was trying to find out what the consensus was on the clear bra. I called two guys from the 3M website, thinking it'd be cheaper, and they were more, and claimed the dealers use contractors who don't do as good a job as they do, and you can tell by how quickly they can turn the cars around. The guy claimed he takes a full 2 days, blah blah blah, wanted like $785. Then on the web people said it's not the greatest on dark colors, 3 yrs. down the road it may yellow.......my Nissan which is nearly 9 does have some chips on the front, but I'm thinking it's not that bad, maybe about 5 chips, so is it worth it...not sure.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Dealer called and said my 2007 is here!