G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

Color thoughts

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-06-2006, 01:01 PM
N50
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by douglas555
Went to the dealership today to check out some different colors. Thoughts...
Liquid Platinum: I was convinced this is what I was going to get, but didn't like it in person. WAY different than it looks in the brochure. It's very light silver and not a shiny silver like the previous years. Kind of dull
Garnet Ember: Too bright - almost a pink tint to the red. Would be good for some seriously spoiled teenage girl, but not for me.
Blue Slate: Nice color, very smooth. Car was a bit dirty so hard to really tell.
Platinum graphite: NICE! This was my favorite by far. Probably won't show dirt too bad and looks very refined - classy, if you will.
Didn't have any white, serengeti or others.
I agree...I thought Liquid Platinum was going to be a brighter silver than what I witnessed at the unveiling. I have not seen Garnet Ember and I'm not a red car kind of guy, so that's out. I did see Lakeshore Slate and although it is a unique color, its just not for me. Black Obsidian is Black Obsidian, nothing much more to say there. The colors that I really would like to see, Platinum Graphite, Blue Slate, Serengeti Sand, and Ivory Pearl, I have yet to see! Of course! I really would like to see first hand what Diamond and Platinum Graphites look like side by side.

Old 11-06-2006, 02:12 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by N50
I agree...I thought Liquid Platinum was going to be a brighter silver than what I witnessed at the unveiling. I have not seen Garnet Ember and I'm not a red car kind of guy, so that's out. I did see Lakeshore Slate and although it is a unique color, its just not for me. Black Obsidian is Black Obsidian, nothing much more to say there. The colors that I really would like to see, Platinum Graphite, Blue Slate, Serengeti Sand, and Ivory Pearl, I have yet to see! Of course! I really would like to see first hand what Diamond and Platinum Graphites look like side by side.
Is there a difference between Diamond Graphite and Platinum Graphite? The brochure only lists platinum graphite.

Old 11-06-2006, 02:29 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Is there a difference between Diamond Graphite and Platinum Graphite? The brochure only lists platinum graphite.
Doug, PG is the new DG...well, basically. There are some differences, but for the most part Platinum Graphite replaces Diamond Graphite

Old 11-06-2006, 03:42 PM
N50
Here are two pics:

Diamond Graphite (2003-2006)

Platinum Graphite (2007)

Differences are slight but evident. The platinum graphite is definitely darker. Of course keep in mind that in different lighting the colors will look slightly different.

inTgr8r and Jeff, hopefully you guys don't mind that I used these two pics. Jeff your M is absolutely gorgeous and the perfect example of DG.

Old 11-06-2006, 03:55 PM
Staff ALUMNI (retired)
Received 47 Likes on 39 Posts
Originally Posted by N50
Here are two pics:
Differences are slight but evident. The platinum graphite is definitely darker. Of course keep in mind that in different lighting the colors will look slightly different.

inTgr8r and Jeff, hopefully you guys don't mind that I used these two pics. Jeff your M is absolutely gorgeous and the perfect example of DG.
I would agree with your evaluation.
I have DG now (Silverstone here), & test drove the PG.
It is just a tad darker... but also a little flatter looking.
It looks great, but it doesn't have quite as much metalic pop to it.

Old 11-06-2006, 03:59 PM
N50
Originally Posted by inTgr8r
That's a shame, I was hoping it was going to have that same metallic zing. Oh well, guess I have to see it personally. I love the current DG (Silverstone)... of course.

Old 11-06-2006, 05:19 PM
07G
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I'd agree it's flatter than I thought but still looks great when it is clean and in the sun. We needed a change so I'm happy.

Would like to see Lakeshore Slate or Blue Onyx though.

Old 11-06-2006, 05:44 PM
G (enie) FUNK ERA
I too, have a DG coupe and agree with your observation. The PG is darker, but it doesn't have that "gun metal" effect that the DG has. It almost as if they mixed more brown (to make it darker), and not enough silver, which makes it less of a sharp gunmetal shade like the DG is.

With that said, the PG is one of my favorite colors on the 07' and had I not owned a silver shade right now (2nd in a row for me), I would have definitely picked the PG.

Old 11-06-2006, 07:44 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The posts above refer to Diamond Graphite as 2006 color, and Platinum Graphite as a 2007 colour.

The US web site indeed shows Platinum Graphite as a 2007 colour. But the Canadian web site (and the dealers colour chart ) shown only Diamond Graphite.

Is the Canadian 2007 Diamond Graphite = 2006 DG or 2007 PG ????

Old 11-06-2006, 08:03 PM
Received 36 Likes on 33 Posts
Originally Posted by G35-2-B
The posts above refer to Diamond Graphite as 2006 color, and Platinum Graphite as a 2007 colour.

The US web site indeed shows Platinum Graphite as a 2007 colour. But the Canadian web site (and the dealers colour chart ) shown only Diamond Graphite.

Is the Canadian 2007 Diamond Graphite = 2006 DG or 2007 PG ????
The Canadian Diamond Graphite is the very same as the US Platinum Graphite for 2007. They are identical colors.
Infiniti likes to make it confusing with all these different name changes for color .