G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

Some answers to questions about leases!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-10-2006, 02:26 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wink Some answers to questions about leases!

Some answers to questions about leases!

Everyone has been asking “Which is better the Infiniti lease or the BMW lease?”. The answer is yes there are some very good lease numbers right now for the BMW 335i sedan. The base rates are .0027 money factor and a 61% residual on a 36 month lease with 15K miles/yr. Those numbers are good. However, those are not necessarily the numbers the dealer will give you. They can mark up the money factor and their BS fees in order to pump some profit back in the deal. However, the residual is a fixed number that they can not negotiate. You can also buy the money factor rate down by paying refundable security deposits. That is where the .0015 money factor comes up. Some people are paying up to 7 security deposits to buy it down dramatically. That seems like a good deal but I am not sure what happens to those refundable security deposits if your car gets totaled.

Here are the BMW lease numbers for October. November should be out shortly.
http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=168909

2007 BMW 335 Series 335i Sedan

24 mo/15k mi – Residual Value 71% of MSRP – .00270 Base Money Factor Rate
36 mo/15k mi – Residual Value 61% of MSRP – .00270 Base Money Factor Rate
48 mo/15k mi – Residual Value 45% of MSRP – .00319 Base Money Factor Rate
60 mo/15k mi – Residual Value 37% of MSRP – .00319 Base Money Factor Rate

So the short answer is that you can definitely get some BMW numbers that at the moment appear to be better than anything Infiniti will offer. However, the BMW is $9000 more than the Infiniti so no matter what you do you are not going to make that up! The typical 36 month leases that 335 owners were posting was in the neighborhood of $600 per month with a few grand out of pocket. Our very own “batmobl” got an 07 G35 for $499 per month and only $1000 out of pocket and that was at our local unveiling! Once these G35’s have been out for awhile you will see the G35 numbers coming close to the 335i numbers. Then the price per month difference will be huge!

Here are some lease numbers for 335i owners.
http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...161076&page=13

To me I don’t understand how you can say that $600 per month is a better deal than $500 per month for cars that have similar specifications. Yes the BMW has slightly better performance but the G35 has a much better interior in my opinion. And the 335i is definitely not $100/month faster than the G35.

To each his own I guess. Whatever you do though just make sure that you negotiate the sale price of the car and the money factor if they are pumping that up a lot. If you can get a 59% residual, a .0022 money factor, with $1000 or less down on a 36 month lease with 15K/yr then I think you are doing pretty well. Remember knowledge is power and that translates into money. Do your research!

http://www.leaseguide.com/calc.htm

Old 11-10-2006, 03:16 PM
The November BMW lease numbers are out, and they are fabulous:

2007 BMW 335 Series 335i Coupe / Compare Instant Lease Quotes

24 mo/15k mi – Residual Value 69% of MSRP – .00175 Base Money Factor Rate
36 mo/15k mi – Residual Value 58% of MSRP – .00175 Base Money Factor Rate

24 mo/15k mi – Residual Value 71% of MSRP – .00150 Base Money Factor Rate
36 mo/15k mi – Residual Value 61% of MSRP – .00150 Base Money Factor Rate

Old 11-10-2006, 03:35 PM
Originally Posted by mikepro
The November BMW lease numbers are out, and they are fabulous:

2007 BMW 335 Series 335i Coupe / Compare Instant Lease Quotes

24 mo/15k mi – Residual Value 69% of MSRP – .00175 Base Money Factor Rate
36 mo/15k mi – Residual Value 58% of MSRP – .00175 Base Money Factor Rate

24 mo/15k mi – Residual Value 71% of MSRP – .00150 Base Money Factor Rate
36 mo/15k mi – Residual Value 61% of MSRP – .00150 Base Money Factor Rate
Wow, yes you are absolutely correct. If those are the numbers then that is fantastic. How much are the dealers marking up the money factor though? I bet they are seeing this a great way for them to make some extra profit.

Old 11-10-2006, 03:43 PM
Wow that would put your payments on a $45000 car somewhere in the neighborhood of $580 per month. That is an outstanding value purely in terms of the numbers. However, you can get into a G35 for $500 per month with little or no negotiating. I bet someone will get into a G35 for around $480 per month by the end of the year. $100 per month is hard to argue with.

Old 11-10-2006, 03:44 PM
You know how I feel that with leasing it's not your car......well, people are saying the coupe allocations are gone for the entire month of January. The way you get a deal on a BMW is when there's an unsold order in the system, and the dealer modifies it to your specs. If it has to be done in the future, your pricing is shot.

So you plunk down your refundable $1000 deposit on a 335, the dealership is not even entering it until late Jan. You will get the car late Feb. early March. Would you do all that for something you're ultimately going to lease? Seems like too much drama if you ask me.

Old 11-10-2006, 04:26 PM
LoL @ this thread

Originally Posted by mpgxsvcd
If you can prove that your numbers of 62%, 15K/month, 36 months, and .0015 money factor can be had now on a new 335i that is not a demo model or has something else wrong with it then I promise I will Ban myself for 1 week. Until then I will speak my mind on whatever I feel like.

Old 11-10-2006, 04:30 PM
Originally Posted by John105
You know how I feel that with leasing it's not your car......well, people are saying the coupe allocations are gone for the entire month of January. The way you get a deal on a BMW is when there's an unsold order in the system, and the dealer modifies it to your specs. If it has to be done in the future, your pricing is shot.

So you plunk down your refundable $1000 deposit on a 335, the dealership is not even entering it until late Jan. You will get the car late Feb. early March. Would you do all that for something you're ultimately going to lease? Seems like too much drama if you ask me.

You make good points John. Some people aren't so picky with time and often pass up the BMW because of the threatening MSRP price. In reality BMW's are a great deal for business leasers and that is why you see so many people in them. Do you think people who love money so much are willing to just throw it away?

It's hard to get an exact linear calculation but I can help give you guys an idea. Under Infiniti's terms a car that costs 15% less will be leased for the same price as compared to BMW.

For those who think leasing is dumb, figure out that anyone leasing is probably paying over 30% on their income, so now you are getting another 30% discount to lease as opposed to buying.

Old 11-10-2006, 04:31 PM
So again in conclusion, m has started this thread and the only thing he has done is provide misinformation. I held my tongue and let someone else correct his residual and MF numbers.

Please stop doing the people on this board a disservice though.

Old 11-10-2006, 08:49 PM
Cool

Originally Posted by JWangSDC
So again in conclusion, m has started this thread and the only thing he has done is provide misinformation. I held my tongue and let someone else correct his residual and MF numbers.

Please stop doing the people on this board a disservice though.
Exactly what information was incorrect? The residuals and money factors were from October. I stated that. I did not see the November numbers and someone else posted them. Even with the tremendous lease rates the payment still doesn’t even come close to what people have already received on a G35. Instead of trying to blast me why don’t you try to post something useful! So which car did you buy and why? From your posts it seems obvious that only an idiot would pass up on those lease numbers for the 335i. So when does your 335i come in? Or can you not afford the $580 a month like some of us here(me included)? Personally my budget only allows for about $500 per month. Once I can get rid of my 05 without taking any loss I will definitely jump into the best car I can get for $500/month. No chance that will be a BMW unless they start discounting them about $110000.

Here is the link to the current BMW numbers for November. They are quite outstanding if you can swallow the selling price of the vehicle.

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=173934

Old 11-10-2006, 09:01 PM
Here is the answer to the question as to whether the refundable security deposits are refundable or not.

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=134206

I have a related question:

If a leased car is totalled or stolen, is the security deposit refunded to me or is it applied to the "gap" between the actual cash value (paid by my insurance) and the money owed to BMWFS?

I'd probably walk away from the MSD program if there was a chance I'd lose that money if the car was written off. Has this happened to anyone?

The Security Deposits are refunded if the car is totalled. BMWFS will only keep a portion of the Security Deposit to pay unpaid charges at the end of the lease... excess wear and tear, mileage, late payments, etc.

Old 11-10-2006, 09:34 PM
At these lease rates, I can get a 335i manual, premium, cold, comfort access, (MSRP 43345, sale price 41000), 12k miles/year, 36 month for $467/month + tax. This is with now money factor markup and using 7 mutiple security deposits.

Damn, thats cheap. It's tempting me....

Old 11-10-2006, 09:37 PM
Exactly what information was incorrect? The residuals and money factors were from October. I stated that. I did not see the November numbers and someone else posted them. Even with the tremendous lease rates the payment still doesn’t even come close to what people have already received on a G35. Instead of trying to blast me why don’t you try to post something useful! So which car did you buy and why? From your posts it seems obvious that only an idiot would pass up on those lease numbers for the 335i. So when does your 335i come in? Or can you not afford the $580 a month like some of us here(me included)? Personally my budget only allows for about $500 per month. Once I can get rid of my 05 without taking any loss I will definitely jump into the best car I can get for $500/month. No chance that will be a BMW unless they start discounting them about $110000.

Here is the link to the current BMW numbers for November. They are quite outstanding if you can swallow the selling price of the vehicle.

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=173934
I posted the november numbers 9 days ago...say in november. THen you attempted to claim my numbers were incorrect. You keep babbling, you're wrong everytime.

Please also notice that I leased a G35 over a week ago and I also looked into the BMW. That is why I was able to provide everyone on the board with the correct numbers about the leases between the two.

Old 11-10-2006, 09:38 PM
I've never said anyone would be an idiot to NOT take the 335i over the G. I said if you want the 335i but think it is much more than a G when you are leasing, then you are mistaken.

Old 11-11-2006, 09:44 AM
Originally Posted by JWangSDC
I posted the november numbers 9 days ago...say in november. THen you attempted to claim my numbers were incorrect. You keep babbling, you're wrong everytime.

Please also notice that I leased a G35 over a week ago and I also looked into the BMW. That is why I was able to provide everyone on the board with the correct numbers about the leases between the two.
Yes you posted the numbers a week ago and yes I didn't believe you because you didn't post any information to back it up. Look you are right the numbers are fantastic. So the ultimate question is why did you choose to go with the G35. Why don't you give us the details of your lease so that we all know what to ask for when we go get our cars? Or did you not get that great of a deal on the lease?

Old 11-11-2006, 12:26 PM
Yes you posted the numbers a week ago and yes I didn't believe you because you didn't post any information to back it up. Look you are right the numbers are fantastic. So the ultimate question is why did you choose to go with the G35. Why don't you give us the details of your lease so that we all know what to ask for when we go get our cars? Or did you not get that great of a deal on the lease?
Give it up bro. You're always two steps behind and you rarely have any info to help anyone out. I did post information to back everythign up, including the deal I got in the first week of november on my G.

Stop being a moron who makes things personal because you are wrong.