G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

My car is here!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-28-2006, 09:56 AM
Traveling Administrator
Received 175 Likes on 102 Posts
Originally Posted by CPB
Edited for your approval. gimme a break, it was a long day yesterday.
LOL, sorry I couldn't resist!

Old 11-28-2006, 10:03 AM
CPB
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
No sweat. I should not have been posting with my eyes at half-mast.

Old 11-28-2006, 11:06 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well it's been a long day. I think I put 120 km on it today just driving around. All I can say is WOW. This is a sharp looking car. And it drives awesome. We have a lot of snow right now so still packed on roads with some ice but I don't think I even need winter tires. I'm driving around corners pretty hard (when no one is around) trying to get her to slip and it is hard. If I step on it pretty good the back will break a bit but as soon as the front kicks in I'm off like a rocket. The engine does like to launch out of the gate but once used to it you can be pretty smooth. It would be easy to keep it under 4000rpm but......I just couldn't help myself. A couple times I reved her out and she just pulls like a freight train. This is one tight car. It corners great.
The backup camera is pretty darn cool. You can see awesome even at night. And I like the adaptive headlights too. There are alot of controls so I haven't got to all of them. Programmed the buttom on the mirror for my garage door, paired my phone with the bluetooth, and set my memory settings for seat tilt etc. So much to do , so little time. As far as the stereo goes, I think it rocks. The sound is awesome. I don't know what more you could want. I could go on all night but won't bore you any more. Just one happy new owner.

Old 11-29-2006, 06:53 AM
Traveling Administrator
Received 175 Likes on 102 Posts
Originally Posted by caveman666
Well it's been a long day. I think I put 120 km on it today just driving around. All I can say is WOW. This is a sharp looking car. And it drives awesome. We have a lot of snow right now so still packed on roads with some ice but I don't think I even need winter tires. I'm driving around corners pretty hard (when no one is around) trying to get her to slip and it is hard. If I step on it pretty good the back will break a bit but as soon as the front kicks in I'm off like a rocket. The engine does like to launch out of the gate but once used to it you can be pretty smooth. It would be easy to keep it under 4000rpm but......I just couldn't help myself. A couple times I reved her out and she just pulls like a freight train. This is one tight car. It corners great.
The backup camera is pretty darn cool. You can see awesome even at night. And I like the adaptive headlights too. There are alot of controls so I haven't got to all of them. Programmed the buttom on the mirror for my garage door, paired my phone with the bluetooth, and set my memory settings for seat tilt etc. So much to do , so little time. As far as the stereo goes, I think it rocks. The sound is awesome. I don't know what more you could want. I could go on all night but won't bore you any more. Just one happy new owner.
Glad to hear you are enjoying the new car! I will be in your shoes tomorrow when I pick it up.

You mentioned not getting winter tires. I highly recommend that you reconsider. If you ever need to stop quickly on snow/ice, the winter tires will perform SO much better than your AS tires. Just my .02 cents.

Old 11-29-2006, 08:00 AM
Staff ALUMNI (retired)
Received 47 Likes on 39 Posts
Originally Posted by canuck
Glad to hear you are enjoying the new car! I will be in your shoes tomorrow when I pick it up.
tic, toc, tic, toc.... just one more sleep Shane

Originally Posted by canuck
You mentioned not getting winter tires. I highly recommend that you reconsider. If you ever need to stop quickly on snow/ice, the winter tires will perform SO much better than your AS tires. Just my .02 cents.
I agree Shane, but....
If CM is in Van..... then it's a different world than we're used to.
Normally it's just rainy, damp, & cold.... Winter average temp is +2 C deg
One of the few CDN places where all-seasons are OK.

Old 11-29-2006, 08:58 AM
07G
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by caveman666
Snip...As far as the stereo goes, I think it rocks. The sound is awesome. I don't know what more you could want. I could go on all night but won't bore you any more. Just one happy new owner.
How is your SOW working in the cold weather?

Old 11-29-2006, 04:08 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by 07G
How is your SOW working in the cold weather?
My SOW is working well cosidering the extreme weather conditions in Calgary this week. I always let the speakers warm up for a couple minutes at a low volume, something I learned the hard way when my Infinity 6x9 speaker ripped away from the basket a couple years ago. The only thing that doesn't seem to work well in such cold weather is the hard drive, which will not allow the map to load or the music box to play until it warms up.

Old 11-29-2006, 04:51 PM
07G
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by ChristianN
My SOW is working well cosidering the extreme weather conditions in Calgary this week. I always let the speakers warm up for a couple minutes at a low volume, something I learned the hard way when my Infinity 6x9 speaker ripped away from the basket a couple years ago. The only thing that doesn't seem to work well in such cold weather is the hard drive, which will not allow the map to load or the music box to play until it warms up.
Thanks, It won't be long till we have that weather. Not having the HD won't be a pain for brief periods of cold weather.

Old 11-30-2006, 09:42 AM
Official Sponsor of the Florida G35 Club
Received 33 Likes on 28 Posts
pics!

Bat™