G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

Strange Electronics Failure on 07 G Sport

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-30-2006, 11:00 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Strange Electronics Failure on 07 G Sport

I did have an issue today when I was driving and the steering wheel buttons and the dash controls (Climate Stereo and Navi)all stopped working and when I pressed anything I just heard an error beep. After a few tries of pressing buttons the climate control lights, radio lights, Nav screen and everything related to this totally went blank for 3 seconds and shut down. I think the system rebooted from a crash because a startup Infiniti logo came up on the screen and everything came back to life again. It looked like a software bug in the electronics...Strange...I had just finished a BT call on my V3 Razr. The pairing was lost after this...

Any thoughts anyone...

Black on Black G35 Sport 2007, Premium, Tech, Navi

Old 11-30-2006, 11:11 PM
Fear

Old 12-01-2006, 05:16 AM
O.F. Administrator
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by mathur999
I did have an issue today when I was driving and the steering wheel buttons and the dash controls (Climate Stereo and Navi)all stopped working and when I pressed anything I just heard an error beep. After a few tries of pressing buttons the climate control lights, radio lights, Nav screen and everything related to this totally went blank for 3 seconds and shut down. I think the system rebooted from a crash because a startup Infiniti logo came up on the screen and everything came back to life again. It looked like a software bug in the electronics...Strange...I had just finished a BT call on my V3 Razr. The pairing was lost after this...

Any thoughts anyone...

LOL, I'll bet it was one of those silly 'Gremlins' who showed up, did a dirty, and left again.
If he comes back, see the dealer and he'll kick his butt.

Enjoy the new ride. She's a beauty.

Colin

Old 12-01-2006, 06:13 AM
Apparently on this site it will take near catastrophic failures for most to admit there is a serious problem..

Old 12-01-2006, 06:47 AM
Hmmm... Sounds like something that happened a couple times on my 03 G35 Sedan. If the key was not fully inserted in the ignition the car would crank
but no dash lights, radio, AC, nothing. If you giggled the key up and and
down suddenly everything powered up and once it did it stayed on. Must have been on some kind of relay. I think the or key or ignition lock may have been getting worn?

Point is, it's possible for you to lose power to everything on the dash and
the car still drive. My guess is you somehow lost power to the dash. Lose wire somewhere? Bad start button/ignition relay? Loose fuse? Perhaps inserted my the same guy that puts in the rubber trim on the sun roof

Here's someone that was having kinda similar problems due to a bad fuse but
in an 06 Nissan.

http://forums.nicoclub.com/zerothrea...rint&id=158856

Might want to try doing a google search for this for M35/M45 since they have the same start button and see if you get any hits.

If this is truely an intermitent electrical problem, it could be a biatch to fix
because the dealer may not be able to replicate it.

My advice, start carrying a camcorder in the car and video tape the dash when it actually happens. This will give you proof of the problem. This way when they fail to fix it after three trips to the dealer you'll have proof to lemon it and get a new one.

Last edited by Railgunner; 12-01-2006 at 07:08 AM.
Old 12-01-2006, 07:51 AM
Moderation-free
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by mathur999

Any thoughts anyone...

Odd...I had an instance or two of this with my Maxima. Once the AC randomly wouldn't come on, and another time the tranny petulantly stayed in 2nd (after some admittedly spirited driving ). Both times the problems went away after restarting the car, and didn't return, and this was over a total of four years.

Old 12-01-2006, 08:29 AM
Interestingly when I went in the car this morning to go to work. half of the entries in the phonebook were gone and all of the voice tags were gone. It was defiantely a software glitch...

Trending Topics

Old 12-01-2006, 09:35 AM
Banned
Originally Posted by jnmunsey
Apparently on this site it will take near catastrophic failures for most to admit there is a serious problem..
+1 - Or even a minor one for that matter. If it's any conciliation at least your quick to pick up on the undertoe here - but not all of us are quick to dismiss issues no matter how small. Every car has issues, so why not discuss them...? There were several noticeable issues w/the new G that I discovered – but mention them here and they are quickly dismissed, but not by everyone.

Being excited about ownership over a vehicle is certainly great and worth sharing w/others; it's when others defend the car like your making fun of their children, by the simple mention of an issue [small or large] that goes a little overboard IMO.

Nevertheless, this is what public forums like these are all about - for good and bad

Last edited by RLampke; 12-01-2006 at 10:27 AM.
Old 12-01-2006, 10:48 AM
Moderation-free
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by RLampke
+1 - Or even a minor one for that matter. If it's any conciliation at least your quick to pick up on the undertoe here - but not all of us are quick to dismiss issues no matter how small. Every car has issues, so why not discuss them...? There were several noticeable issues w/the new G that I discovered – but mention them here and they are quickly dismissed, but not by everyone.

Being excited about ownership over a vehicle is certainly great and worth sharing w/others; it's when others defend the car like your making fun of their children, by the simple mention of an issue [small or large] that goes a little overboard IMO.

Nevertheless, this is what public forums like these are all about - for good and bad
Sorry, guess I'm a little lost here. I'm new to Infiniti but not to Nissan, and have been reading the boards pretty thoroughly in the last couple of months. There doesn't appear to be strong push-back on questions?

Regarding issues though, I haven't seen any problems that appear to be worth worrying about? There's been the sunroof rubber gap (fixed on mine too), one or two threads on Bose, one SES light (), a thread or two on programming bluetooth...? These don't to me add up to actual problems in the car's design - maybe it's because working in the high tech industry, I know things are rarely perfect...

Last edited by G35Now!; 12-01-2006 at 10:54 AM.
Old 12-01-2006, 04:51 PM
Hi all actually most around here are pretty civil and not too obsessed with their G's so sorry if I came across in a bad way.

I would say there's nothing yet that is an outstanding issue with the new G but collectively the issues so far make me a little uneasy.

I personally almost got a new 6MT but hesitated bc I don't want a TV screen in the middle of my dash and also not sure on the color. Plus, while it is a great performing car the tranny was pretty rough. Weird hesitations and stuff..

Otherwise it is a great car. I am hoping the '08 model addresses some of the complaints so far(ipod integration, direct mp3 copying, etc).

Old 12-01-2006, 09:16 PM
oh man i hope you take that right to Infiniti . i had a total center consol electronics failure in my 03 G- after warrenty. the fact that the dealer fixed it with a new board was one reason I have stayed with Infiniti

Old 12-01-2006, 09:35 PM
Traveling Administrator
Received 175 Likes on 102 Posts
Originally Posted by RLampke

I hear what you are saying Rich, but why get wrapped up in every single minute detail that you would consider an issue? It just seems to me that a lot of people spend more time b!tching about such trivial things that they fail to enjoy all the other things a car has to offer......and I am not just talking about the G35 either. EVERY car has its quirks, and so long as they are not major, just enjoy the car. I know that it is subjective, but I find some things that people find fault with are so trivial that it is borderline laughable.

Last edited by Garnet Canuck; 12-01-2006 at 09:53 PM.
Old 12-01-2006, 09:39 PM
I have discovered a similar minor "glitch" in the system. Annoyingly I live in the quasi-sticks and drive through a few areas of no cell-phone coverage on my way to work. If I start a BT hands free call and drive out of the service area before the phone connects, the car stays in its dialing mode even though the phone has quit trying to make a phone call and has gone back to roaming. The audio stays muted, the display is stuck in its connecting loop, and no amount of button pushing can get it out of its loop. I have to wait till i hit a red light and restart the car. A minor annoyance for sure for those of us who don't live in the big citites, maybe when I'm bored I'll complain to Infiniti to fix this. Anyone else noticed this annoying glitch?
-J

Old 12-01-2006, 09:44 PM
N50
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Garnet Canuck
...but I find some things that people find fault with are so trivial that it is borderline laughable
True...I don't think your car is quite red enough. Something about the "ember" portion that's not quite right. Maybe you ought to let Infiniti know about that issue.

Old 12-01-2006, 09:48 PM
You may want to give Infiniti a heads-up on this - 800.662.6200 and speak with the tech support guys. Let them know exactly how it happens, and make sure you ask to hear back from an engineer or something to that effect.

Alternatively, talk to your dealer about it - if they can't fix it (which they can't, it's a software issue), your state may have a lemon law statute which may apply to software/electronics glitches. If you're a three-strikes state, you'll get Nissan's attention relatively fast when they find out they can do a quickie firmware fix for this problem.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Strange Electronics Failure on 07 G Sport