G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

Infiniti In Black G35 Videos

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-18-2006, 08:36 PM
Traveling Administrator
Received 175 Likes on 102 Posts
Infiniti In Black G35 Videos

Not sure if any of you guys have seen the videos on Infiniti In Black, but they are pretty cool. I never saw these three videos until just now.

Go to infiniti.com and then click on Infiniti In Black. Then click Orbert Davis.

Last edited by Garnet Canuck; 12-18-2006 at 08:58 PM.
Old 12-18-2006, 08:42 PM
Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
i don't see any video

Old 12-18-2006, 08:45 PM
Traveling Administrator
Once you click on Orbert Davis, you should be able to click on "Films".

Old 12-18-2006, 08:46 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just say no to race based advertising...

Last edited by Railgunner; 12-19-2006 at 07:50 PM.
Old 12-18-2006, 09:12 PM
Damn I was hoping to see a race car driver pushing the G to the limits... I find it pretty odd that Infiniti has dedicated an entire "mini-site" to selling cars specifically to black people.

Old 12-19-2006, 07:11 AM
Traveling Administrator
“`Infiniti in Black' was created to showcase the significant achievements of African Americans in the cultural arts,” said Mitch Davis, director of Infiniti Marketing. “The Infiniti brand represents bold personality, creative design and individuality which reflect the artistic talents of these three artists.”

What is wrong with that?? Why must everything have to be deemed racist?? I am sure no one would have a problem with it if it was called Infininti In White.

Old 12-19-2006, 07:23 AM
Can you imagine the outrage if Infiniti ran an ad campaign called “`Infiniti in White' created to showcase the significant achievements of White Americans in the cultural arts”?

That's the easiest way to spot this kind of stuff. Just change the race and if it suddenly sounds racist then it was wrong to begin with.

Trending Topics

Old 12-19-2006, 07:32 AM
Traveling Administrator
I disagree, however I didn't post this thread to discuss racism so I will leave it at that.

I guess if watching a couple of vids with some cool shots of the G and commentary by a black Jazz artist is offending to you, than you probably shouldn't watch them.

Old 12-19-2006, 12:43 PM
Originally Posted by Railgunner
Can you imagine the outrage if Infiniti ran an ad campaign called “`Infiniti in White' created to showcase the significant achievements of White Americans in the cultural arts”?

That's the easiest way to spot this kind of stuff. Just change the race and if it suddenly sounds racist then it was wrong to begin with.
We tried to raise our kids "to be colorblind" (they're under 14), but we were overwhelmed with subvert, covert, and overt racism still occuring in this 21st century. The race card is played by white America 1000s of times daily in the work place, schools, society. Unless you're African American or another minority group that has been systematically subverted or diverted from reaching your potential, you just have no idea.
The Infiniti in Black campaign is a positive platform to showcase Black Americans achievements who have strived and succeeded in the cultural arts, as mentioned. As a Black man, I appreciate the acknowledgement and gesture that Black people have and continue to positively contribute to our society. Not all, but many do.

Old 12-19-2006, 01:10 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by BAlex
We tried to raise our kids "to be colorblind" (they're under 14), but we were overwhelmed with subvert, covert, and overt racism still occuring in this 21st century. The race card is played by white America 1000s of times daily in the work place, schools, society. Unless you're African American or another minority group that has been systematically subverted or diverted from reaching your potential, you just have no idea.
The Infiniti in Black campaign is a positive platform to showcase Black Americans achievements who have strived and succeeded in the cultural arts, as mentioned. As a Black man, I appreciate the acknowledgement and gesture that Black people have and continue to positively contribute to our society. Not all, but many do.
I agree that it is a great gesture to showcase individuals who have succeeded in the arts, by why just African Americans? Why not showcase the achivements of Asian Americans, Hispanic Americans, or Native Americans? How about the great Asian influence on the automotive market, which is obviously celebrated through the washi textured aluminum and the sword like grill. Can we not judge Orbert Davis on the merits of his Musical Talent next to a talented person of another background? I can only wish to have the talent and passion that Orbert has for music. Honestly if they had made a "Infiniti In White" would you have celebrated those individuals for their positive contribution to society? I'm not offended by the content, but I think Infiniti should though this one through.

Sorry Shane, I don't mean to step on any toes but I had to throw in my 2 cents. The videos are pretty cool.

Last edited by Christian; 12-19-2006 at 01:19 PM.
Old 12-19-2006, 01:26 PM
N50
As an African American/Caucasian mix I would consider myself the extreme minority. Do I get labeled as black? You bet. Does any one recognize that I'm half white? Nope. Do I get shoved under the stereotypes of African Americans? Sure. Part of the stereotype is that African Americans are poor, lazy, and in some eyes, a burden to society. Asian-Americans and even Hispanics have been able to integrate into society much easier. They have also, in my opinion, been more successful. After all, they didn't have as rough a history in this country as African Americans. Part of this stereotyping comes from ignorance but African Americans having low self esteem and a lack of will for proper education does not help break it. As an African American, if you are successful, people tend to look pass your race. If you aren't successful you get tossed under all of the stereotypes. That's the world today. I like that Infiniti is willing to show accomplishments of African Americans. Not many companies will do such a thing. Sure Christian, you're right, they could have made it a minority segment instead just a segment for African Americans, but its the route they chose and I think its bold. After all African Americans can be accomplished at more than just sports and rap.

Last edited by N50; 12-19-2006 at 01:29 PM.
Old 12-19-2006, 01:32 PM
I don't think this is the right thread for this discussion.
I do, however, think that there are many people who try to simply "flip the script" as a means to justify irrational worldviews.
I do agree with you that segments of society could be deep targeted with direct marketing such as "Infiniti in Black", but I don't disparage Infiniti for reaching out to Blacks and acknowledging Black talent, achievement, and buying power.
I also think that there are many Whites who have assisted Blacks over the countless years/centuries to overcome tremendous obstacles, but for the many more who placed the obstacles, I simply say "Blecccch".
Peace.

Old 12-19-2006, 01:53 PM
Traveling Administrator
Jeez, all I wanted to do was point out a couple of G35 videos that I thought were cool.

Old 12-19-2006, 01:56 PM
N50
Originally Posted by Garnet Canuck
Jeez, all I wanted to do was point out a couple of G35 videos that I thought were cool.
Sorry Shane. You're right, the videos are quite cool. Sometimes my fingers get the best of me and I type things in threads I shouldn't. Its all good though.

Old 12-19-2006, 02:11 PM
Traveling Administrator
Originally Posted by N50
Sorry Shane. You're right, the videos are quite cool. Sometimes my fingers get the best of me and I type things in threads I shouldn't. Its all good though.
Absolutely no need to apologize Alex, I agreed with everything you stated. I just don't want this to be come a racial thread that can potentially get out of hand.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Infiniti In Black G35 Videos