G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

anyone's car in the body shop yet?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-31-2006, 01:21 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
anyone's car in the body shop yet?

just curious cause mine got hit about a month ago and i just took it in last week. It got hit 2 weeks after i got it. It got hit when it was parked by a coworker. Sucks *** and i'm missing it. I havent even had a chance to clean the car or take any pics of it.

front bumper, headlight, fender, and bumper support all got ruined

Old 12-31-2006, 04:15 AM
It was parked? How the hell it get that kind of damage!?

Old 12-31-2006, 08:26 AM
Received 36 Likes on 33 Posts
aww that sucks big time Sam. Is this dude still a co-worker .
Good luck with the repairs, hope they are replacing with new OEM parts, not just repairing the damaged ones.

Old 12-31-2006, 11:16 AM
Headed There Soon

Got to take mine in to have Passenger Side and Hood Repaint due to some A55HOLE Keying it. Its been a week since it happened and I am stilled steamed

Old 12-31-2006, 01:02 PM
Moderation-free
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by ScoobySAM
just curious cause mine got hit about a month ago and i just took it in last week. It got hit 2 weeks after i got it. It got hit when it was parked by a coworker. Sucks *** and i'm missing it. I havent even had a chance to clean the car or take any pics of it.

front bumper, headlight, fender, and bumper support all got ruined
Fortunately just a door ding so far; pretty sure it was my wife or daughter(s), everywhere except the garage it's parked where there are no other cars around...

Eh, what are ya gonna do...

Old 01-02-2007, 10:31 AM
I got rear ended while stopped at a red light. 12/12/06. 12 days of ownership (i kept on thinking 10 for some reason).

Rear crumple rails and trunk floor, bumper (and everything else that goes along with a bumper), rear exhaust and a few other things all need to be replaced. And the front license plate mount (got pushed into the car ahead of me). Get this, the front license plate mount is $60 on the estimate, for a flimsy piece of plastic .

It's still in the shop, they aren't expecting to finish it til end of this week or early next week.

Old 01-02-2007, 10:45 AM
Geez, I was gonna through my front plate mount away. Maybe I ought to sell that sucker on Ebay!

Old 01-02-2007, 12:52 PM
gao
Originally Posted by dopey
I got rear ended while stopped at a red light. 12/12/06. 12 days of ownership (i kept on thinking 10 for some reason).

Rear crumple rails and trunk floor, bumper (and everything else that goes along with a bumper), rear exhaust and a few other things all need to be replaced. And the front license plate mount (got pushed into the car ahead of me). Get this, the front license plate mount is $60 on the estimate, for a flimsy piece of plastic .

It's still in the shop, they aren't expecting to finish it til end of this week or early next week.

$60??? damn... I better brace myself for the quote to replace the passenger door skin + paint. This is going to be out of my own pocket thanks to a hit and run. Anyone knows a good infinti parts store that sells at a good discount?

Old 01-02-2007, 02:19 PM
Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by gao
$60??? damn... I better brace myself for the quote to replace the passenger door skin + paint. This is going to be out of my own pocket thanks to a hit and run. Anyone knows a good infinti parts store that sells at a good discount?
Full Coverage doesn't cover hit's and runs?

Old 01-02-2007, 03:31 PM
The first time I took mine on the freeway (101 West) glass started kicking up while I was doing 75-80MPH which is actually normal for Arizona freeways. I got ~10 nicks in the front bumper and one paint chip right above the clearbra on my hood. I'm still waiting for my dealer to get touch-up paint for my color though.

And then to add to my luck, I also took a golf ball to the front driver panel right above the wheel at 50MPH. I got lucky as it landed less than 6 inches from my windshield and only left a small ding and a couple scuffs that will buff out.

Old 01-02-2007, 03:35 PM
Damn, I'm feeling kind of lucky now. I had a slow leak from my left rear tire. The TPMS was actually pretty good about identifying it and so I put air in it the first time hoping it was just low and not leaking, but it came on again. Turned out there was a screw through the sidewall so they couldn't just patch it up. The thing is that the first time the TPMS light came on was right after the dealership took it out for the teflon spray for the interior/exterior treatment, so I'm hoping to get them to foot the bill for the new tire. Of course they didn't have any on hand and so now I'm waiting until tomorrow morning.

Old 01-02-2007, 04:56 PM
gao
Originally Posted by X-Vert
Full Coverage doesn't cover hit's and runs?
Unfortunately I had mine at $1000 deductible. So its not worth claiming for just a little more to jack up my insurance.

Old 01-03-2007, 03:53 PM
2 weeks in the body shop and still not done. The bumper support was also cracked(made of fiberglass they said?). I never heard of a bumper support being made of fiberglass. Anyways, they said they are still waiting on the part, which is very limited because of the new model. This sucks..i miss my car.

Old 01-03-2007, 05:14 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by scarrow
Damn, I'm feeling kind of lucky now. I had a slow leak from my left rear tire. The TPMS was actually pretty good about identifying it and so I put air in it the first time hoping it was just low and not leaking, but it came on again. Turned out there was a screw through the sidewall so they couldn't just patch it up. The thing is that the first time the TPMS light came on was right after the dealership took it out for the teflon spray for the interior/exterior treatment, so I'm hoping to get them to foot the bill for the new tire. Of course they didn't have any on hand and so now I'm waiting until tomorrow morning.

Teflon spray? Waste of $$$$

Old 01-03-2007, 08:24 PM
Originally Posted by gspotter
Teflon spray? Waste of $$$$
Probably. It was certainly the waste of a tire. But, the dealership replaced the tire free of charge and so I'm a happy camper. The teflon spray wasn't a big deal, but they covered swirl marks for five years as part of the package and that seemed okay to me.